• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Properties Gump - Phase 2: Item Comparison

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now with the new gump in place (and also seems working fine), I'm making the item comparison.

Here I need some ideas in order to make it simple without puking around senseless numbers :D

The first thing I've done has been transforming the basic damage info from the character sheet in DPS, since the DPS is much easier to understand than x-y damage.
With the DPS in place with weapons was easy to compare the current one with the new one and get this:

This should easily give the idea of what the number is without write "Change by ...", red for negative, green for positive and gray for 0.

Now to the hardest part: what to compare? :D

Basically compare everything can be done, but it uses too much resources so I don't think it's a good idea...
I think would be wise to do something like diablo:

as you can see it has just 3 values: life, damage and protection.

So the damage is good as done, the protection can be done like this:
Compare all the resistances with the same slot equipped and obtain a real total resist that you will gain by equipping the item, then make it in percent.
For example, if we gain a +20 total resist from a piece, we know that is a +~6% over a total of 350 (the max)

Then we can have an highlight on every single res so you can see what changes:

Or I can add a space under the properties and show Damage and Protection just like diablo (and keep highlight the res improvements obviously)

So, now it's your turn, what do you wish to see? :D

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to calculate damage?

Example with 120 swords tacts anat and 100 dmg base damage vs playable characters is say 15 and against Mob is 27..?

Or a clicky gen that gives advice what the weapon currently is best used against? Like a repond slayer good vs rats /baracoon and adjust dps? Not sure if that's entirely different and not possible or worth it time wise

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to calculate damage?

Example with 120 swords tacts anat and 100 dmg base damage vs playable characters is say 15 and against Mob is 27..?

Or a clicky gen that gives advice what the weapon currently is best used against? Like a repond slayer good vs rats /baracoon and adjust dps? Not sure if that's entirely different and not possible or worth it time wise
there is already a function that equip the best slayer/damage type vs the current target and also check the resistances if is a player, that's why there is a monster DB :p