• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Proof is in the picture: The Governor Of Minoc's Shady Dealings Part 1

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@EM ShanyraFyre

For those of you not in attendance for last night's governor's meetings... boy did you miss a show!! A fraud and traitorous governor was ousted amongst the council. Little did he know, while banning my guild from events in his city, it opened up a WHOLE NEW can of worms for him!! I vowed to dig up dirt on him, and boy did I find it.

Upon scouting his city before the meeting last night, we discovered a lot of strange things going on. First, no guards were patrolling. We (Identities of my fellow man will remain unknown) walked right in. Strange, we thought. Secondly, litter was EVERYWHERE in the city. Does no one work in this city? Third, a few of the random shady looking mercs in the area were moving around fast... I mean REALLY FAST. I was curious how they did not tire!! And lastly, boy did I sneeze a lot in Minoc! I don't have any allergies so this was odd too. Maybe too much smoke? No idea...

Arriving early to the meeting, Necro (A citizen of Minoc who was clearly unhappy, and glad to help the cause) and I began to drop runes stating Cotton's true self. How he is a cheating scoundrel, how he paid for votes in the election, and how he hates goblins!! We had quite a few down. Hopefully someone has a picture of this. Anyways, as always, he did not show up for his meeting and left a message stating "Minoc is fine, see you next month!". Knowing something was up, we asked for an audience with the king. He stated, after all his governors speak, we may have one.

We have recruited the governor of Jhelom, Kal, into our cause. He said he had some vital information he would present to the king and council, and boy was it a bombshell!! It turns out that Governor Cotton has not only been not paying his guard, and has been taxing his townspeople triple the legal limit. He has also been smuggling some type of substance from the far off land of Tokuno through Jhelom. Kal did not wish to speak of the reasoning behind how helping of Governor Cotton,
except, "As you know, I am the only Gargoyle at this table...." and left it at that.

Cotton showed up after hearing news of this, and all hell broke loose. The king, the council, and even bystanders were in an uproar!! How could this be happening in our land, under our noses, with someone on the council?! No matter who side you take, I have proof! We need to remove "Governor" Cotton as soon as possible...

Putting my very best men on the job, I had them working the last 24 hours, even before the council meeting. And when word broke out, Cotton was in such a rush to make it to the meeting, he made a mistake... A BIG MISTAKE.... I present to you some viable proof of this "Governor"'s shady dealings.

First, a picture to show where we are at on the map...
(Names were removed to keep my amazing stealther's name private)

upload_2016-7-18_14-39-11.png

Here, we have what seems to be a normal dock shipment correct? Or is it....

upload_2016-7-18_14-35-41.png

White crates? Not something you see in an everyday shipment...
Shall we examine these white crates left on the dock while Cotton quickly left to attend the meeting??

upload_2016-7-18_14-41-0.png

Powder Filled Potions? What the heck are these? No idea. But that sure is a lot of potions!!

upload_2016-7-18_14-41-45.png

Powder Laced Pie? Maybe this is being given to the people of Minoc... Or the animals... or who knows what else...

upload_2016-7-18_14-42-44.png

Jackpot. Jewls? Golden Ingots? Gold? Even a nice little note. Wonder who this is from? And who it is going to?? Makes me wonder....

In closing, let's see what "Governor" Cotton has to say about these. And let's see what the King has to say about this undeniable proof on the Docks of Minoc....

Edit: At the time of this edit, the crates have been removed!! Hmmmm... Makes you wonder!! Someone was quick to 'remove' the evidence. Glad I got some snapshots of it!!!

Last edited:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hail citizens of Minoc and Sosaria,

Another month and another untrue, unjustified attack against me has arose. What is important my fellow citizens, is to look at the history of events that has brought us to this situation here today. On July 16th, I was holding my Royal Pickaxe Challenge in Minoc, in the felucca facet. This event was to see what crafter had the most strength from long years of service of working hard in the mines. As we all know it is a risky place to hold any events because it is common for player killers to come in and try to disrupt and ruin the event. This event, like many others before this, was attacked by player killers looking to what many others before them have tried. The difference, this event was being led by a fierce Governor who doesn't tolerate children acting out. When it was clear the disruptors, the player killers, the vile of Felucca were not going to allow us to do our event, I moved to plan B. Plan B, was to gather the participants, go to tram, secure a house, and then gate to an undisclosed location in felucca so we could continue the event without disruptions from this player killing guild: UHOH. The participants and myself zig and zagged through Luna to finally grab a gate to a house supplied by the great governor of Vesper. We got the participants into the house, locked the doors, and banished the unruly player killers from UHOH from following us. We then went to my undisclosed location and carried out the event without any issue. We, the lawful citizens of Minoc out smarted the unruly player killers of UHOH.

This line sums it up:
Little did he know, while banning my guild from events in his city, it opened up a WHOLE NEW can of worms for him!! I vowed to dig up dirt on him, and boy did I find it.

That is the proof you need. The act of me banning these unruly player killers from my event has caused them to manufacture unknown substances, deliver it to my docks, and take photographs as if it was me or my staff had anything to do with it.

This disloyal player killing citizen of Minoc brought up a few other points, that are true. He claimed the city was full of trash and no guards were to be found. This isn't something I like to admit, but this is true. After our successful event, we headed south to the Gypsy camp to celebrate with our gypsies and to better help build a bond between our citizens. It was a long night of celebration and the city was unguarded for a day. I should have kept some guards back to watch over the docks, but in the time I've been Governor, the docks are hardly used. As my Guard Captain La Quintrala explained the northern docks are unreasonable to do most trade out of. So we have been rather lax on security on the northern docks. Usually 1 guard there to just oversee the day to day activities. Its mainly commoners and fisherman looking to catch a few fish to feed their families and fellow citizens of Minoc. As La Quintrala pointed out Minoc has been using the road east to take our goods down to Vesper to set sail from -- as our wears are mostly being sent South and East, our docks don't provide efficiently.

My Treasurer and Secretary of Trade Resiew-Dub has oversaw and helped with some of the most successful trade runs in the history of Minoc. In the challenge purposed and managed by Lord Naitch, former governor of Minoc, proves. Minoc's long sought after goods and materials are being requested by cities all over Sosaria. We have been hard at work to conduct 164 trades of all legitimate transactions. This and donations to the city is how our city is able to thrive as well as it is, and we are able to offer one of the best trade deals, Faster Casting Bonus +1 to our citizens. This is something no other city can do!

In closing, I welcome an investigation into these claims. Because, I know we are the right side of history, we are on the right side of law, and we will beat these claims just as we have beat the others previous to this! My recommendations to the King were to check to see how cities are being funded. Minoc is a pretty small town, and to keep the shops open, citizens fed, and keeping gaurds on duty and being able to have events, we are needing 50 trades a month to keep this up. Cities like: Skara Brae, Moonglow, and Jhelom are running a budget deficit. These are the cities I think we should focus our attention. More specifically I think we should focus on Jhelom. The most contested contest we had, and a Gargoyle had won the election. This Governor, quit the guild that aided in electing him, turned his back on his people, and now calls these accusers friends and acquaintances. The city of Jhelom conducted just 19 trades in the last month of legitimate trades. How can a city, especially a city of the size of Jhelom survive off 19 trades a month? This isn't for me to answer, but for the King to investigate.

Thank you all for your time, your understanding, and your support!

Lord Cotton Eye Joe

Governor of Minoc

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, Why on God's green Sosaria did you make Nogo your Treasurer? Lord knows he is probably spending the gold on bath salts.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail citizens of Minoc and Sosaria,

Another month and another untrue, unjustified attack against me has arose. What is important my fellow citizens, is to look at the history of events that has brought us to this situation here today. On July 16th, I was holding my Royal Pickaxe Challenge in Minoc, in the felucca facet. This event was to see what crafter had the most strength from long years of service of working hard in the mines. As we all know it is a risky place to hold any events because it is common for player killers to come in and try to disrupt and ruin the event. This event, like many others before this, was attacked by player killers looking to what many others before them have tried. The difference, this event was being led by a fierce Governor who doesn't tolerate children acting out. When it was clear the disruptors, the player killers, the vile of Felucca were not going to allow us to do our event, I moved to plan B. Plan B, was to gather the participants, go to tram, secure a house, and then gate to an undisclosed location in felucca so we could continue the event without disruptions from this player killing guild: UHOH. The participants and myself zig and zagged through Luna to finally grab a gate to a house supplied by the great governor of Vesper. We got the participants into the house, locked the doors, and banished the unruly player killers from UHOH from following us. We then went to my undisclosed location and carried out the event without any issue. We, the lawful citizens of Minoc out smarted the unruly player killers of UHOH.

This line sums it up:

That is the proof you need. The act of me banning these unruly player killers from my event has caused them to manufacture unknown substances, deliver it to my docks, and take photographs as if it was me or my staff had anything to do with it.

This disloyal player killing citizen of Minoc brought up a few other points, that are true. He claimed the city was full of trash and no guards were to be found. This isn't something I like to admit, but this is true. After our successful event, we headed south to the Gypsy camp to celebrate with our gypsies and to better help build a bond between our citizens. It was a long night of celebration and the city was unguarded for a day. I should have kept some guards back to watch over the docks, but in the time I've been Governor, the docks are hardly used. As my Guard Captain La Quintrala explained the northern docks are unreasonable to do most trade out of. So we have been rather lax on security on the northern docks. Usually 1 guard there to just oversee the day to day activities. Its mainly commoners and fisherman looking to catch a few fish to feed their families and fellow citizens of Minoc. As La Quintrala pointed out Minoc has been using the road east to take our goods down to Vesper to set sail from -- as our wears are mostly being sent South and East, our docks don't provide efficiently.

My Treasurer and Secretary of Trade Resiew-Dub has oversaw and helped with some of the most successful trade runs in the history of Minoc. In the challenge purposed and managed by Lord Naitch, former governor of Minoc, proves. Minoc's long sought after goods and materials are being requested by cities all over Sosaria. We have been hard at work to conduct 164 trades of all legitimate transactions. This and donations to the city is how our city is able to thrive as well as it is, and we are able to offer one of the best trade deals, Faster Casting Bonus +1 to our citizens. This is something no other city can do!

In closing, I welcome an investigation into these claims. Because, I know we are the right side of history, we are on the right side of law, and we will beat these claims just as we have beat the others previous to this! My recommendations to the King were to check to see how cities are being funded. Minoc is a pretty small town, and to keep the shops open, citizens fed, and keeping gaurds on duty and being able to have events, we are needing 50 trades a month to keep this up. Cities like: Skara Brae, Moonglow, and Jhelom are running a budget deficit. These are the cities I think we should focus our attention. More specifically I think we should focus on Jhelom. The most contested contest we had, and a Gargoyle had won the election. This Governor, quit the guild that aided in electing him, turned his back on his people, and now calls these accusers friends and acquaintances. The city of Jhelom conducted just 19 trades in the last month of legitimate trades. How can a city, especially a city of the size of Jhelom survive off 19 trades a month? This isn't for me to answer, but for the King to investigate.

Thank you all for your time, your understanding, and your support!

Lord Cotton Eye Joe

Governor of Minoc

It appears to me that the Governor has a lot of words, and not a lot of evidence when it comes to backing things up.. Any simple aristocrat can mince words. 'Tis a good quality in any politician. But now, several council members, fellow citizens, and even randoms are aware of these doings. It only took for someone to stand up to the corruption, and now several followers emerge. They are no longer afraid to march and speak against the tyranny of corrupt councilmen who are more worried about getting fat with wealth, whether through legitimate or illegitimate means, and less about their people. The time has come. Down with the lies! Down with the awful mess that they are creating for the townships and kingdoms they are allied with. And down with the failures that follow these governing bodies. The time is now... for the truth... or there will be consequences...