• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Promoting PvP rather than attacking it

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This shard's resident guilds have long been involved in a war to discourage each other from playing. Rather than a war of skill its a war of who can use the lamest tactics possible to stop their opponent from even playing.

I point to the rampant house hiding by BNA, ^X^, 3*6, KoVF, L*D. The outrageous level of farming points on a scale unrivaled by any other north American shard. The utter lack of pvp shops in fel!

I'd like to move towards a healthier pvp scene. Take you gate houses and turn them into pot,bola,apple,box shops. These shops make you money and make it easier and more fun for people to pvp by the gates.

They also discourage house hiding which is a big problem on this shard as most players are so terrified to leave their homes without a massive numbers advantage that they don't improve. This is especially relevant to how badly members of minax and sl perform. You guys seriously could improve but refuse to allow yourselves to do so.

This last part is more of a suggestion than anything. the goal is to make pvp more approachable for people interested in doing so and for xsharding pvpers that might take an interest in playing on legends. This suggestion is to sell your stockpiles of unused runic armor and weapons. Many of us have hundreds of pieces of armor going unused that could make you rich and make pvp more approachable for all. An added benefit is that xsharding merchants and pvpers will find legends more hospitable.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other ways to promote a healthier pvp environment is to duel. Now it has come to my attention that more than 95% of legends has no idea what dueling is and are utterly unwilling to engage in dueling.

Dueling is typically between 2 mages(of the pure variety). These mages do not use any kind of abilities or powers beyond magery. The skills used are magery/eval/med/resist. the other skills considered acceptable are inscribe and focus. Necromancy, spellweaving,wrestling, poisoning,weapon skills, chivalry are all considered unacceptable.

You do not use consumables. no pots, no aids, no apples, no petals, nothing. You hold only a spellbook and a twilight lantern.

The purpose of dueling, beyong the gambling that takes place, is to test pure player skill. dueling tests ones mage spell play, the only pure skill aspect left in UO.

oh usually people only allow human characters for tournaments.

V

Vyal

:talktothehand::talktothehand:

U been here not even a year get used to it, you wanna be in factions well sir that isn't your everyday pvp its team based combat. So when one faction has the other faction by teh balls because they got 2 x the number of people on ya there is going to be people in a house. Stop crying because no one is stupid enough to walk outside a house into a crowd of 10 people from a enemy faction.

go back to w/e shard u came from or learn to pvp...

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's trying to promote, and better the shard. I'd think you'd jump on board with him, at least on this topic.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The utter lack of pvp shops in fel
Just outta curiosity, PM me the lists of things you want to see in a fel PvP shop, with what *you* think are fair prices. Give it some thought, and keep in mind I am not a PvP'er, so don't assume I would know anything. I'm seriously curious and intrigued...

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uriah, Log onto the Atlantic shard and go to the Fel yew gate.

You'll see a few houses right at the gate full of supplies. They should give you an idea of what pvper look to buy.

About two years ago I had a fel shop at yew for a few months on Legends. I got bored of stocking it though. I made a good amount of gold off the vendors.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vyal ur guild still sits insidde the house when its just me outside, so like 3v1 and u still sit inside, care to explain?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@RL'S
Good thought headed there now :p
Comparable pricing?
And is it preferred the shop be at yew gate? Or anywhere in Fel is suitable?

And don't chuckle, I'm learning :) Left fel for good a little before the time AOS and all that crap came out, so it's a whole new game compared to what existed when I lived there.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:talktothehand::talktothehand:

U been here not even a year get used to it, you wanna be in factions well sir that isn't your everyday pvp its team based combat. So when one faction has the other faction by teh balls because they got 2 x the number of people on ya there is going to be people in a house. Stop crying because no one is stupid enough to walk outside a house into a crowd of 10 people from a enemy faction.

go back to w/e shard u came from or learn to pvp...
I completely understand that man, however when there is me and one other and about 8 or 9 X all trying to kill u from a house. Theres some serious problems there.. Push out and flag and have some fun, what the worse that can happen? a 20 minute break from the game oooo. The only ppl i regularly see not hiding in houses is obvi COM cuz we got balls i guess. And LD will push with minimal ppl. U and minax wait for ur stealther's with dragons and dismounts and even then half the time u wont push. NOt attackin ya'll just stating facts.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uriah, Log onto the Atlantic shard and go to the Fel yew gate.

You'll see a few houses right at the gate full of supplies. They should give you an idea of what pvper look to buy.

About two years ago I had a fel shop at yew for a few months on Legends. I got bored of stocking it though. I made a good amount of gold off the vendors.
Good Gawd!!!
There are thieves in UO!!! And they are the guys pricing stuff at Atlantic's Yew Fel Gate!!!:D

Sheeesh...I need to xfer back to Atlantic and be a merchant! ;)

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, near Yew gate is best.

If it's extremely close to the gate, you can jack prices way up.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just outta curiosity, PM me the lists of things you want to see in a fel PvP shop, with what *you* think are fair prices. Give it some thought, and keep in mind I am not a PvP'er, so don't assume I would know anything. I'm seriously curious and intrigued...
typically such a shop would be at brit or yew gate. in such a location one could expect to charge up to triple what is being charged for pots in luna.

G

Green Meanie

i completly agree there is nothing sillier than 5 ppl sitting in the house but the only thing attacking you is 2 dragons sent from within the house.

X will sit in the house 9v1 till a dismout goes off afraid to flag i guess

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's sad that minax ^X^(more so than anyone else) and L*D(less so than the other 2) are so attached to house hiding that they wont take a single step towards bettering the pvp atmosphere on the shard. Even if those steps would make those home owners filthy rich.

As for what is in my power. I've burned over 20 heartwood kits and have put the bows up for sale. I've put up for sale all of the high end pvp jewelry available on legends in luna. I'm even selling the silver i stockpiled on catskills just to make things as easy and approachable as possible.

The prospect of more fights can only make this shard more fun for pvpers. The people who disagree with making the pvp scene more attractive are not real pvpers. they're gimps, trammies and children. They'll farm points in other factions so people can't wear their gear. they'll continue to house hide. they'll accuse anyone who can beat them of hacking and they'll continue to resist any progress towards bettering the legends pvp scene. These are the lamers who try to "sneak" spawns and harrowers in when they won't find a fight because they know they'd lose.

If the shard improves, if the house hiding ceases, and the filth that dare call themselves pvpers on this shard promote a healther pvp scene then they will improve greatly and probably be able to put up a decent fight.

S

Shiloh

ok if you guys REALLY want to change Legends PvP you first need to change the attitudes.

One of the biggest reasons people wont go to fel is the constant "Im better then everyone" attitude alot of hardcore PvPers have.

Trash talk is one thing.. but when you get into the whole "you suck and should die IRL", or "Stay in Tram you @#$#@#$#$@".

Placing a few vendors at the gate wont get you a unified PvP base.. hell gate fighting is probably the WORST form of PvP there is.

And yes you probably dont know who I am.. I have been on Legends PvPing for years (albeit Im not good and am the first to admit it).. and have stopped for just these reasons.. oh and Factions made it worse imo..

L

Lord Urza

Indeed being told you suck at something isnt very good modivation to continue on with it and improve you ability to do it.
I wouldnt ever expect there to be competition without trash talk, but that doesnt mean it has to be personal, vicious, or belittling.

Winning does not make one a gracious looser, but loosing often can make one a gracful winner, and both are equally important to keeping things fun for everyone.
Being good at something can either alienate you from others who arent as good as you, or it can strengethen your relationships with them depending on your approach.
Its often lonely at the top, so why not give someone else a hand and pull them up with you instead of putting them down?
It can be as simple as taking a moment after compeating against someone to give them a helpful tip, or just explain to them a mistake they made during your competition.
I dont know about anyone else, but things like that give me more personal satisfaction then winning itself ever does.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your skin is so thin that u cant take trash talk, then maybe u should stay outta pvp and pvp threads. PvP is about competition and with competition comes smack talk. Sorry, thats the way it is. I bet your the type of guy who wishes every sporting event ended in a tie so that way everyone wins, YAY!

....NOT

gimme a break guys, the reason pvp is dead here is not because of trash talk, its b/c of no skilled players hiding in their house rather than going out and exploring, losing fights but learning from them, and changing what needs to be changed to start winning fights. Thats the problem...

D

Dark Druid

Ok time for me to add my 2 cents i guess. There is a couple of things i would like to state.

All the factions do there fair share of house hiding, or things that are wrong. Yes some people do it more than others. I feel that UO needs to look at the whole faction pvp system and set something up for those people. You go to yew gate and you have 3*6 there in there house, next thing you know you got there little tram blue guild 3$6 now you have to deal with the rival factions and if you red you have to worry about there blues getting into it as well, and then there is the peacers. I feel that if you peace or disco a pet that should flag you. All there peacer does is hide in guard zone or in the house peacing. (WOW that takes skill).

Now for ^X^ yes they do alot of house hiding sometimes you cant blame then with you have all the other factions fighting you and not fight each other, but for most of the time they house hide alot, and have a major lack of teamwork. There is a few that will go balls out and flag and fight, but not many.

L*D likes to house hide until they out number you either by there guildmates, or there friends in other factions. There is a few in L*D as well that will go out and flag and have fun fighting.

As for both major CoM guilds (Fear, and the drizzles). FEAR goes balls out all the time (props). Drizzles have a little diffrent tatic that works for them when there on there own ( give props for the traps in between the houses), but when there is mass people on drizzles will not flag anyone else, but the guild everyone is ganging up on. Then once that fight is done there gone until there is only a few at the gate.

Like i stated every guild has something that they do wrong from house hiding to other things (exept FEAR). I feel that if we all want a pvp change UO either needs to redo fel were there is no guard zones, and once flagged either from attacking or being attacked you are flagged out of the houses, it shouldnt matter if you were attacked or not you are in combat and there for should not be able to hide in a house and still cast and attack with ranged weapons, or pets. If you dont like it then you have no reason being in Fel. Fel is for PVP and players who are willing to fight in the open not hide in a house and wing arrows, cast or even that lame ALL KILL.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your skin is so thin that u cant take trash talk, then maybe u should stay outta pvp and pvp threads. PvP is about competition and with competition comes smack talk. Sorry, thats the way it is. I bet your the type of guy who wishes every sporting event ended in a tie so that way everyone wins, YAY!

....NOT

gimme a break guys, the reason pvp is dead here is not because of trash talk, its b/c of no skilled players hiding in their house rather than going out and exploring, losing fights but learning from them, and changing what needs to be changed to start winning fights. Thats the problem...

Eh', You have Shiloh all wrong. Hes always admited to not being LeEt, yet I can promise you he has always wanted to win a fight.

Legends has been dead for a long time. It's funny i got on UO.com, and checked out the guilds. It's becoming extremely hard to find names I recognized from 2+ years ago. Most of Legends anymore seems to be built off of lackies from LS/Chessy/GL/ATL. When a shard no longer has it's old veteran members around, you're stuck with low class pvpers who x-fer to farm a shard...since they can't their own (no I'm not singling any said person or group out, but we all know a lot of x-fers happen this way!). THAT'S why Legends is dead, and lack luster of pvp talent.

2+ years ago Legends pvp was very fun, and an exciting scene. It's sad that the glory days of any UO play are long gone.

S

Shiloh

....NOT

Smack talk isn't the problem.. its the constant barrage of RL smack talk that comes from ALOT of Fel players. You are whats wrong with Fel sad to say.. you have the elitist attitude that we are talking about. You do not learn anything from listening to someone talk about how awesome they are or how bad you suck, other then to just stay in tram and kill monsters. Way to promote your play style!! :thumbsup:

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RL smack talk? i dont knwo anyone IRL so no need to even go there...

And those who kill many and die seldom will have an elitist attitude. Not everyone has to be a nice humble fellow, this isnt the peaceful world you guys wish it was...sorry to break the news to you.

And TBH thats what is wrong with this game, this game was founded without a sissified Tram facet, someone did something you didnt like....well...then u killed them. Problem solved. You want something that someone else has? Well then kill them and take it. UO was a dark world. If you were a good person, you would build skill and fight off those that were evil and did things you did not agree with. Then along came Trammel, and after that everyone in Tram who worked hard on this and that and did things the "right" way automatically assumed that they owned this game. The thing that made UO so unique was the mix of good people and bad people and thats what makes the world go round. Good versus evil.

You dont like the guy bullying you? Punch him in the mouth :)
If you arent talented enough or strong enough to punch him in the mouth, then ignore him and go on about your business :)

Thats life.

L

Lord Urza

I agree with Shiloh, and just because im not a pvper doesn't mean that I cant understand the concept and engage in conversation about it....to say otherwise is childish.
The Elitist attitude has always been a big problem for me with all mmo's I don't understand it at all. ( other then that they never get to be the big dog in real life and feel the need to confiscate for it online) If your good at something share your knowledge and gift with others who aren't as fortunate as yourself, just because someone isn't good at something doesn't mean they cant learn to do it just as good as anyone else.

Being good at uo , or pvping, or anything else isn't talent, its experience.
People aren't born good at things, but if they have desire to do it, and patience to practice, they will gain the experience needed to improve...simple concept.
Discouraging people practicing to gain the experience will simply ensure that the art will never thrive.

a couple of years ago legends had a good cast and crew, plenty of older names, experienced players with patience, and a good nature that helped to promote growth.
As those players have dwindled off its true there has been an influx of x-sharders to legends, many of which seem to be capable, experienced players with poor attitude who act as tho they are anybody to those of us who have been here for years.

Well im afraid as long as your attitudes continue to be malicious, belittling, and elitist you wont be seen as anything more then a blemish on a once proud, friendly, FUN shard by what is left of the legends veteran players.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The I cant ever lose syndrome killed uo pvp. OMG we lost a spawn lets recruit the shard. Whats better 10 5 man guilds fighting or 30 vs 20? and how long before it becomes 40v0 just pveing scrolls? Then theres the OMG I just died to a hacking mage! lets make it where any 3 fingered sloth can pwn in pvp (Archery,tamers). They never understood that it took alot of time and practice to get good in this game. I played from beta till super drags and noticed how the pvp community slowly crumbled. Each time they made it where skill was replaced by gear or pets they lost a few more people. To bad the most balanced time in uo was after the 2/6 cap before they forgot this was a midieval game and added crap.

Maybe someday theyll fix this game before no one plays, or something that isnt a wow wannabe will come out.

MY wishlist on what would be a great uo

1. no insurance - ah the days when there was a reason not to die, but the economy was in the players hands. Plus the items didnt make the player.
2. limits on guild rosters - ahh to have a target rich environment
3. area spells arent guild friendly - no more choke point wither fests, remeber the days of the crazy energy vortexs.....it also has a way of helping number 2
4. all kill no skill - yes theres a place for tamers but the pet should just be a tool to help kill not a bulldozer.
5. bolas - the great zerg tool, ever see em used from the one guy fighting the ten? Should be a skill at the very least.....
6. Ninjas wtf? - back to the 2/6 before the imbalances

I think thats about it for now, hell they shouldve just hired me i have a bunch of great ideas lol. And to think there all just not for the pvpers.

S

Shiloh

Each time they made it where skill was replaced by gear or pets they lost a few more people. To bad the most balanced time in uo was after the 2/6 cap before they forgot this was a midieval game and added crap.
And this is whats is wrong with Factions.. no one does it for the fun of factions.. its for the suped up gear.. stupid if you ask me..

oh and you forgot laser guns from your list Bob :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*thinks of what to say, and how to phrase it*

A good thread, the beginning anyway. Keep it reasonably civil, there has been a lot of good discussion here so far. Playstyles differ, attitudes differ, opinions differ, personalities differ and clash. But thru it all, some respect for each other is important.

When I grew up here, you pvp'd as a course of life, it was called survival. The difference is everyone was equal back then. Now that equality doesnt exist, either in skills or in equipment. Trammel opened to give people a choice, and when my guild moved to Trammel I went with them, and after a time, we never looked back. What little skill there was has become so rusty as to be useless. And for a lot of the Trammel vets, this is true.

For those who came later, and have known only Trammel, things were a little different. The AI of mobs cannot begin to prepare anyone for the skill they will be facing off against in Fel. Totally different ballgame. And that's why the gate goes two ways, I have to say it, as much as I hate to, if you don;'t like the people and ruleset, then don't go. But don't belittle anyone of their chosen lifestyle.

Make a stealther, if you don't have one. The last few weeks I have been stealthing around some at Yew gate, watching the fights, hiding in a corner at the champs, watching the raids.. NOT taking sides, calling shots, warning any other guilds who is doing what, heck, I don't even know any of you guys, (I don;'t think) Just observing.
And believe it or not, what I observe is teamwork, dedication, and some stubbornness

I've watched outnumbered raiders continue to harass, knowing they couldnt take the spawn, but making their presence known regardless. I've been killed, just for being there . Ive also been revealed and ignored as not worthy of the effort and time
I've watch TB and MIN in action, COW and DRIZ seem to work really well together, and grown to admire quite a few of the posters on this board.

I'll end this ramble with this thought to my fellow Trammies...It's a tough playstyle, like the old West was in America. Tough play tends to draw tough people and tough attitudes. Survival of the fittest, and all that jazz...

Go watch, with an open mind and open eyes. Then you will ahve a new appreciation for various styles and personalities. True, not everyone will be honorable, nor even fair. But in all fairness, we have that in Trammel at most everything we try to do.

Carry on gents, I know we can't all agree, but let's be civil.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an interesting afterthought :)

Took the advice, btw, and went to Fel gate Atlantic, stepped out to look at some of the vendors. There were people running all over the place, Reds, blues, everyone. Most fighting, some waiting on targets, some probably just spotters :p

Walked out of guard zone, up to steps of first house, stood there, scanned each vendor.
Walked over to second house, scanned each vendor.
walked back into gate back to Luna (char had little to no equip, forgot to get regs heheh) to log out.

Unmolested.
Yep.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*thinks of what to say, and how to phrase it*

A good thread, the beginning anyway. Keep it reasonably civil, there has been a lot of good discussion here so far. Playstyles differ, attitudes differ, opinions differ, personalities differ and clash. But thru it all, some respect for each other is important.

When I grew up here, you pvp'd as a course of life, it was called survival. The difference is everyone was equal back then. Now that equality doesnt exist, either in skills or in equipment. Trammel opened to give people a choice, and when my guild moved to Trammel I went with them, and after a time, we never looked back. What little skill there was has become so rusty as to be useless. And for a lot of the Trammel vets, this is true.

For those who came later, and have known only Trammel, things were a little different. The AI of mobs cannot begin to prepare anyone for the skill they will be facing off against in Fel. Totally different ballgame. And that's why the gate goes two ways, I have to say it, as much as I hate to, if you don;'t like the people and ruleset, then don't go. But don't belittle anyone of their chosen lifestyle.

Make a stealther, if you don't have one. The last few weeks I have been stealthing around some at Yew gate, watching the fights, hiding in a corner at the champs, watching the raids.. NOT taking sides, calling shots, warning any other guilds who is doing what, heck, I don't even know any of you guys, (I don;'t think) Just observing.
And believe it or not, what I observe is teamwork, dedication, and some stubbornness

I've watched outnumbered raiders continue to harass, knowing they couldnt take the spawn, but making their presence known regardless. I've been killed, just for being there . Ive also been revealed and ignored as not worthy of the effort and time
I've watch TB and MIN in action, COW and DRIZ seem to work really well together, and grown to admire quite a few of the posters on this board.

I'll end this ramble with this thought to my fellow Trammies...It's a tough playstyle, like the old West was in America. Tough play tends to draw tough people and tough attitudes. Survival of the fittest, and all that jazz...

Go watch, with an open mind and open eyes. Then you will ahve a new appreciation for various styles and personalities. True, not everyone will be honorable, nor even fair. But in all fairness, we have that in Trammel at most everything we try to do.

Carry on gents, I know we can't all agree, but let's be civil.
That was a good Read Uriah.

Maybe the pvp guilds should set up a day to hold a mass battle in despise, or some other spawn. Then allow any trammel based guild to come watch without being attacked. With everyone fighting in factions these days, it wouldn't be hard to tell an enemy apart from a spectator.

It's just a thought. Or, maybe spectators could just come and watch as ghosts. Anything that could show the appeal of Fel.

S

Shiloh

I agree. There is alot to love about fel. I grew up before tram and migrated to fel the day it was available. I miss the old days I guess..

p.s. RLS!! you are the pwn sir!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was a good Read Uriah.

Maybe the pvp guilds should set up a day to hold a mass battle in despise, or some other spawn. Then allow any trammel based guild to come watch without being attacked. With everyone fighting in factions these days, it wouldn't be hard to tell an enemy apart from a spectator.

It's just a thought. Or, maybe spectators could just come and watch as ghosts. Anything that could show the appeal of Fel.
Well, that might work. It would certainly be interesting, and fun for us. Altho keep in mind there are radical elements on both side, one pvp'er would get antsy, or one onlooker would get mouthy, or over excited and jump in, so some control would have to be maintained. Maybe the option of coming as a ghost, for me, it is mmore fun to watch in color :)

Yeah, hold it in despise, The arena that the EMs set up is really too small to be effective for anything but a duel.

Most are familiar with the despise layout...and the cautious could come in minimal gear and not worry.
That is food for thought, an interesting proposition. I would like to hear more input on it, and others ideas, whether they would attend or not, from both sides.

Anything that can be done to narrow the gap between us and our differences, should be embraced.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you RL, i dont mind blues from tram coming watch fights and maybe learn a few things or see the excitement brought forth from nice battles. However I do not approve of idiots coming and interferring in a faction fight with blue characters (not the trammies, but 3-6's blue guild with peacers and discorders is a little annoying, but you do what you do when you have no skill at pvping...) But yes, if trammies want to come watch battles i dont mind, The nice thing about pvp is its not player versus AI (unless ur fighting tamers but it is still a mixture of player and moster) and everytime u fight it can be a totally different battle. People just cant be crybabies or whiners about the way things work in fel and about people being mean...thats absurd.

I mean cmon....There's no crying in baseball!

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok time for me to add my 2 cents i guess. There is a couple of things i would like to state.

All the factions do there fair share of house hiding, or things that are wrong. Yes some people do it more than others. I feel that UO needs to look at the whole faction pvp system and set something up for those people. You go to yew gate and you have 3*6 there in there house, next thing you know you got there little tram blue guild 3$6 now you have to deal with the rival factions and if you red you have to worry about there blues getting into it as well, and then there is the peacers. I feel that if you peace or disco a pet that should flag you. All there peacer does is hide in guard zone or in the house peacing. (WOW that takes skill).

Now for ^X^ yes they do alot of house hiding sometimes you cant blame then with you have all the other factions fighting you and not fight each other, but for most of the time they house hide alot, and have a major lack of teamwork. There is a few that will go balls out and flag and fight, but not many.

L*D likes to house hide until they out number you either by there guildmates, or there friends in other factions. There is a few in L*D as well that will go out and flag and have fun fighting.

As for both major CoM guilds (Fear, and the drizzles). FEAR goes balls out all the time (props). Drizzles have a little diffrent tatic that works for them when there on there own ( give props for the traps in between the houses), but when there is mass people on drizzles will not flag anyone else, but the guild everyone is ganging up on. Then once that fight is done there gone until there is only a few at the gate.

Like i stated every guild has something that they do wrong from house hiding to other things (exept FEAR). I feel that if we all want a pvp change UO either needs to redo fel were there is no guard zones, and once flagged either from attacking or being attacked you are flagged out of the houses, it shouldnt matter if you were attacked or not you are in combat and there for should not be able to hide in a house and still cast and attack with ranged weapons, or pets. If you dont like it then you have no reason being in Fel. Fel is for PVP and players who are willing to fight in the open not hide in a house and wing arrows, cast or even that lame ALL KILL.
First off i love the ppl who peace pets, because if you have a pet U HAVE NO SKILL!!!!! I wish there were more peacers out there, talk about peacing in a house taking a lot of skill.. "ALL KILL really shows everyone how leet u are!

Second I take offense to ur statement. U obviously have not been around the gate or spawns to realize what we do. We (drizzles) attack everyone. If there is one group attacking a larger group we attack the larger group first, then attack the smaller group, thats just commen sense. If there is a dragon we attack that leet all kill skilled person first as well.
How do you think we learned our trap tactics? We have learned them because on every shard we fight 2-4 against 10+ the only way to survive was to come up with those tactics. We love fighting outnumbered, the only time we pancake is when SCAM, KOVF, and 3*6 have there wicked leet crew out there with 10+ and 3 dragons against 3 of us. Take the dragons out of play and it would have been fun!
We dont house hide at all, we sit in our house if we are in stat or not fighting but we don't house hide! We always push! WE are always at the gate with two or three and we flag everyone. If we leave after a fight its probably cuz we are in stat and no longer feel like fighting with 80 eval against a zerg. 2 of us raided LD with 9 plus players in despise. We came back to the gate to tell all the other factions to join in and they said they didnt have numbers lmao. Yep we had numbers with us 2! So please pay a little more attention to what's going on before you make assumptions about us! We don't do nething wrong, we play pvp how it is supposed to be played, with a small group, no pets, real tactics, in or out of stat, raid every spawn no matter how many we have on, sit at the gate with just two of us waiting forever for someone to not house hide!!

Finally the game will not get better because EA does not care in the least about the pvp realm. All they do is expansions for trammies. I had 15 ppl messaging them everyday for a month to ask them to take "all kill" away from targeting players and asked how many ppl it would take to agree before they changed it. In a month of emailing every day, they wouldnt even give a response!

H

harrypotted III

First off i love the ppl who peace pets, because if you have a pet U HAVE NO SKILL!!!!! I wish there were more peacers out there, talk about peacing in a house taking a lot of skill.. "ALL KILL really shows everyone how leet u are!

Second I take offense to ur statement. U obviously have not been around the gate or spawns to realize what we do. We (drizzles) attack everyone. If there is one group attacking a larger group we attack the larger group first, then attack the smaller group, thats just commen sense. If there is a dragon we attack that leet all kill skilled person first as well.
How do you think we learned our trap tactics? We have learned them because on every shard we fight 2-4 against 10+ the only way to survive was to come up with those tactics. We love fighting outnumbered, the only time we pancake is when SCAM, KOVF, and 3*6 have there wicked leet crew out there with 10+ and 3 dragons against 3 of us. Take the dragons out of play and it would have been fun!
We dont house hide at all, we sit in our house if we are in stat or not fighting but we don't house hide! We always push! WE are always at the gate with two or three and we flag everyone. If we leave after a fight its probably cuz we are in stat and no longer feel like fighting with 80 eval against a zerg. 2 of us raided LD with 9 plus players in despise. We came back to the gate to tell all the other factions to join in and they said they didnt have numbers lmao. Yep we had numbers with us 2! So please pay a little more attention to what's going on before you make assumptions about us! We don't do nething wrong, we play pvp how it is supposed to be played, with a small group, no pets, real tactics, in or out of stat, raid every spawn no matter how many we have on, sit at the gate with just two of us waiting forever for someone to not house hide!!

Finally the game will not get better because EA does not care in the least about the pvp realm. All they do is expansions for trammies. I had 15 ppl messaging them everyday for a month to ask them to take "all kill" away from targeting players and asked how many ppl it would take to agree before they changed it. In a month of emailing every day, they wouldnt even give a response!
How about we set up some 1v1 2v2 3v3s at the farms. I gurantee SCAM will win every time tho :<

V

Vyal

Scam was good when they first ran them things they like to run but then everyone figured them out and now the guy that dbl moving shotz is just another chump and ends up infront of you standing still from a screen behind well I know your lil tricks and thats why I don't screw with him I ping 15 on a 70 mb con on a pc I play cod4 at 27 fps yet sum nub with dbl running shots making me lag ends up infront of me with a ai rdy almost as if he teleported fro m a screen behind. You already know who you are no need for me to say names.

Thats almost as good as Vilrat, fast cat, and the other blue tamer coming at you all as one with a discorder behind them saying they are leet. Scam I compare them guys to that type of shyt.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about we set up some 1v1 2v2 3v3s at the farms. I gurantee SCAM will win every time tho :<
Well ill take that bet, u don't know us that well.. We usually do 5v5 but we dont have that many active members yet.. so we'll gladly do a 3v3 :p The only one that I won't allow is nitro cuz lets face it, he can talk as much trash as he wants hes a hacker. Talks about ping when i ping 8 and he skips across my screen like only one other person ive ever met. other than that come with real temps and we'll fight ne other group of scam members :p

H

harrypotted III

Well ill take that bet, u don't know us that well.. We usually do 5v5 but we dont have that many active members yet.. so we'll gladly do a 3v3 :p The only one that I won't allow is nitro cuz lets face it, he can talk as much trash as he wants hes a hacker. Talks about ping when i ping 8 and he skips across my screen like only one other person ive ever met. other than that come with real temps and we'll fight ne other group of scam members :p
lol your already crying hacks on Nitro that says it all right there. No 2 people on Legends can beat Big Worm and Nitro in a 2v2 :<. **** well make it 2v3 to make it fair. As for mage duels I'll duel anybody you guys have.

V

Vyal

Big Worm sux, he can't beat a dexer with max'd ssi and hit spell.
Nitro jus hax but it's like I said people are on to that guy and page on him everytime he comes out running that ******** shyt using the dbl running shot exploit and para poison along with w/e speeder and spiker he's using to lag people out or spike em till they crash is some leet hacks.

I been on to that guy and his hax since he showed up day one in yew everyone has I just don't think people started paging to recently. I will fight the good fight but when people have 5 dif programs running to use bugs, exploits, hacks, speeders, chug, hit apples, boxes, they send so much info to the server area with their speeders ontop of everything else it spikes people and they crash I will stay away no ty it's not fun.

Ya i'm aware of the dbl moving shotz, that is how these guys pull of 70 + dmg moving shots at times.

Ide like to see Nitro post a pic of a fair duel of his entire screen I bet 50 bucks he would loose if he wasn't runnin at min, 4 programs.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vyal, way to show your ignorance, please shut it since u have no idea what you are talking about and are just throwing accusations out there to make up for ur lack of pvp skills.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a 3v3 pure mage fight between cow and scam might be something i could arrange.....

H

harrypotted III

a 3v3 pure mage fight between cow and scam might be something i could arrange.....
We only got 1 pure mage on Legends so it'd have to be a 1v1. But well do field 3v3 vs cow. icq me 250350913 if you wanna duel.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol your already crying hacks on Nitro that says it all right there. No 2 people on Legends can beat Big Worm and Nitro in a 2v2 :<. **** well make it 2v3 to make it fair. As for mage duels I'll duel anybody you guys have.
Yep im crying, boo hoo. More like he prolly broke his computer sooo many times from dieing that he was like F this. Im getting the leetest speeder, plus lag hack, plus ne other program i can get so that i never lose again. Plz. How hard is it for a dexer to win, when he pops all over ur screen. I know damn well he uses a speeder cuz he told me he pings worse than I do and if we run in a straight line, within a few seconds he'll be two screens ahead of me so stfu and call a spade a spade! To be fair put him on foot and someone on mount and see what happens when he can't use his speedhack.
Sorry i guess im one of the few old school ppl who really dont care about winning or losing, just like to play and still play straight up.. Don't need that little bit of an edge via hacks to make myself leet. how bout 3v3 necro/mage duel, i know u guys got them!