• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Project Zoo: All char types needed, please read.

G

Proposal is:

A concerted effort to stock the zoo, by means of an assault on Destard.

Teams will work the north end of Destard, Trammel, the other side of the serpent nest (corresponding to the area where the altar is in Felucca).

Teams will consist of: 2 - 3 tamers, taming drakes, 2 - 3 support warriors and/or mages dispatching the water elementals and wyverns to prevent them interfering, 2 - 3 crafters, on beetles, collecting horned leather and gold from the kills. Gold and leather to be divided among the support team, since the tamers will be getting points for items from the collection. Mages may also be called upon to cast gates to zoo or bank for unloading drakes and loot.

Suggest each team work for 1 - 2 hours.

So - pick a time, pick a day, sign up for a team.

I volunteer for taming, Thursday 8 - 9pm (or maybe 10pm)

disclaimer: idea may change, depending how many holes people find in it

K

Kayne

Im putting my name down for this, will happily provide magery services, i can be around most evenings.

G

we're all going to die horribly

do you need my mage or my archer to die horribly for the cause?

G

This week I´m really busy and can´t help, but if this project continues next week I´ll be happy to take part in this. Have both a tamer and a mage, depending on which kind of char is most needed. My crafter will have to pass this though, since she tends to be far more heroic than her skills allow her.

C

Carcer Blackfyre

One bushido warrior, Provo mage, SW mage and crafter is offering his services

i can attend on the Thursday after 4 pm

Im free all day Fri and Sat and Sunday after 5 pm

icq 387-696-643

R

Ryix (europa)

I like the idea of this, and im available most weekdays after 19:00gmt for support roles, however i dont get why you need crafters, nothing will be made just picked up and hauled around. So theoretically all the support roles could just bring beatles? as long as they dont all recall out at once it should be ok?

G

If the support group have beetles, yes that would work. You're right, there's no real need for crafters to be involved, other than that they were the group I considered most likely to have a bonded blue beetle.

Some time today I'll mark a batch of runes in the area, so no one has to run through the dragons to get to the area, I'll spend some time idling at WBB this afternoon and tonight to hand those out to anyone who wants to take part, probably as Piper Lullabie, may as well take the char that can rez pets.

I need someone to organise actual teams, or guilds to field a team as a group maybe?

Who will join me as the 8pm Thursday team?

Will there be a 6pm Thursday team? a 10pm Thursday team?

Or do we just do it on the fly? Anyone wanting to take part go to the inn, south of WBB at 10 minutes to each even hour (ie 10 to 6, 10 to 8 etc). If there's the right mix of skills and enough of them, party up and head out.

G

sounds like a plan petra

i'll round my mob up and cart them along. should be fun. at least one of our members loves dragons. dead ones, she says!

G

Piper now at the bank, if anyone wants a rune

gone now, will go back tonight

K

Kayne

Ideally we need to get a list of everyone who wants to join in with this and when they are available and team people up based on the times they are available and who has what characters.

G

Agreed. That's why I said I was available with a tamer at 8pm Thursday

I'm at WBB on Piper if anyone wants to grab a rune to North Destard.

gone again

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8pm Thursday sounds like a plan.

I'll be there with tamer/bard.

As I understand it, we tame like hell, gate to zoo, then jump back to Destard? Have I got that right?

*dodgy wireless connection combined with my steam-driven laptop will make this most entertaining*

B

BadManiac

Why is it always 8pm Thursday?

My RP guild had their meetings 8PM Thursday
My CoD4 clan has a training session 8PM Thursday
SRG Guild Hunt is 8PM Thursday
and now this, Project Zoo, 8PM Thursday

[edit]Forgot, my old Saga of Ryzom Guild had their meeting at... 8PM Thursday!
Why not 8PM Wednesday? Friday? Saturday?[/edit]

I'd love to help, but I only have so many hands and monitors

G

It isn't just 8pm Thursday. This is hopefully a marathon project. That was just when I was prepared to do it.

I'd like to see a 6pm Thursday team, a 10pm Thursday team, a midnight Thursday team and the same again for Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday. Saturday and Sunday you could have day time teams too.

Pick a time when you can do it, gather a team and go for it. We're not going to fill the zoo in one 2 hour session, and we don't really want more than one team in there at once or we'll run out of spawn.

G

I hope to join you at 8pm on Thursday. Would a swordsman or a mage be of more use?

G

which ever you're most comfortable playing. The main role of the support group is to keep wyverns and water eles out of the tamers' hair so they can tame drakes to donate. Loot and skin them because that's your share of the bounty from the event.

G

If Fluffi dares to take the chance with a dodgy wireless conn, so can I

Since I have to work later tonight, I´m taking my tamer to Destard at 6 pm (uk time, which would mean 7 cet I hope...). Hope someone can join me there, otherwise Blueberry will have a rough time on her hand with monsters, dodgy connection and a "controller" whose crappy screen turns into a flickering inferno every other minute...

G

yup, I have 39 runes marked in the area so no one has to run the gauntlet of the dragons to get there, just get a rune off me.

G

Was all alone in Destard and had the lag from hell, so I tamed unicorns for an hour instead. Now I feel like I´m gonna scream if I hear another neigh anytime soon...
Unfortunately the zoo is back on tier 2 again, but I wish tonite´s other team/s good luck!

*Switching computer from UO mode to rl work mode*

K

Kayne

I'm free tomorrow at 8pm if any tamers are interested, I will be taking a mage.

G

I've locked the bag of destard runes down on the Angry Mongbat Tavern steps (next door to Barian's mall) The bag is set secure/anyone so anyone who wants one for this event come help yourselves.

K

Kayne

Petra if there arent many at 8pm tonight i'll come along tonight as well

G

First instalment of drakes delivered, I think everyone had an enjoyable time.

I hope others will form teams and go too. I'll try to do some more tomorrow, though I may be a few minutes later than I started tonight.

As far as I know the evening was remarkably low on deaths, despite Caileach's predictions

I

imported_Wishbone

Was a bit of fun and didn't see one dead person
*Mutters about lack of business*

D

Dewi Putri

I'm sorry!!! Should have responded much earlier, as in previous posts we have expressed our concern at the low tiers of the Zoo so we should be the first to do something about it. Didn't get to it thus far though, and don't know when we'll be able to contribute. Maybe even somewhere during this night. Me and Invincible Dawn usually tame drakes near the entrance to Destard level 2, which roughly spawn 2 at a time so we guess we'll keep focusing on that area so we won't be in the way of any teams and thus we can do it anytime it suits us. Days have been unpredictable lately so we feel uneasy to commit ourselves to a team for the moment. But maybe I could even get Tabby (Kapak) to join up a team to whack those annoying wyverns and water ellies! Good luck everyone on this marvelous project!

C

Carcer Blackfyre

bah, caileach forget that wench (my guild leader by the way) *sly grin*

it was great fun and a great waste of my time i enjoyed myself

it was a community binding event!!

im doing the same tomorrow

long live europa and its amazing community, *wasnt me that farted in the direction of the stuck drake* *points at caileach*

*grins* one smug Carcer Blackfyre

*farts* *points at Caileach*

G

Started taming again 2.00pm, needed to next tier: 25356

13156 and someone's bringing in Unicorns

Can we make the next tier before the reset?

6856, but I gotta walk the dog!

G

I was bringing the unicorns. Gotta go weekend shopping now, though. About 5000 points to go to next tier...

G

<blockquote><hr>

bah, caileach forget that wench (my guild leader by the way) *sly grin*

it was great fun and a great waste of my time i enjoyed myself

it was a community binding event!!

im doing the same tomorrow

long live europa and its amazing community, *wasnt me that farted in the direction of the stuck drake* *points at caileach*

*grins* one smug Carcer Blackfyre

*farts* *points at Caileach*

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll be seeing you later, you cheeky git. and i'll be bringing a cork!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Tier 3!

999606 points to tier 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations!
Well done all!

K

Kayne

All those that are available its 8PM. Round two is about to begin

G

Another successful night I think.

Unlike yesterday, I kept track of my own points today. Since I started this afternoon I've ferried 159 drakes out of Destard. Now I need

K

Kayne

Another very successful night indeed.

The evening began with 941,656 points needed before tier 4 was reached. The evening ended with 899,373 points being needed. Thats 42,283 points gained in just a short space of time yet again. This time we improved on the previous Project get together and managed to donate a total of 105 Drakes.

A big thank you to all who turned up and helped tonight.

Dont forget anyone that is in the support group can collect gold leather and 10th Anniversary Items since they do still spawn.

K

Kayne

The efforts are still going well. Tier 4 now. Remember necromancers are needed as well as they can use the dark wolf to be able to tame wolves. So you can donate without being a tamer!