• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Profile Manager

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been looking at the profile files. They are xml text files, and it should be possible to create a profile manager that allows you to do things such as organize macros offline. For example at it's simplest it could allow you to put your macros in a specific order, delete macros, and copy macros from one character to another.

A more complex graphical version could allow you to arrange your desktop offline, and copy configurations from one character to another. It should also be possible to create some basic macro creation, or maybe even macro recording functionality, although with unique item id's I'm not sure how practical that would be. If someone could find a way to dump inventory items and their id's to a file, without breaking the EULA, the potential for this kind of application would be greatly increased.

Am I volunteering to do this? In a word, no. But at least the basic macro management functionality should be quite possible.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have used Notepad++ (an open source editor) to more or less kind of do this. It recognizes xml and formats the display etc.

it also opens tabs for each file, more or less allowing a relatively easy copy past for the macroes.

The thing that stops me from doing anything more than this is being a tad bit insecure on the id's of things.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, you have to be careful with the id numbers. If you change a macro id number, you have to change every other reference to it as well.