• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Proffesions and Armor

O

Outcasted

Well, I have a 90 commando, and I decided that I should make a medic and lvl him to 90. Well, I'm getting to the point for me to buy some Imp armor. I've read that Recon armor is best for Medics. But wouldn't battle armor be better? Even though they are in the back of the group, they are still under attack, and they are the main target to enemy players. So, shouldn't they wear battle armor? I also see plenty of medics wearing RIS armor. What do you guys think?

P

Penti

Battle armour is fairly evenly balanced as standard, but dont forget you can commision an Armoursmith to make you any set of armour with whatever protection bias you want (to a degree). Personally speaking I have RIS for my Medic/BM, however thats only because I inherited it from another player with medic orientated attachments already built in. On many of my toons I actually have 2 or 3 sets of armour and change what I'm wearing depending on what I'm doing. For example if I'm doing the Tusken King instance everything in there uses kinetic attacks so I use Assault Armour and get a full kinetic protection buff.

Another thing to bear in mind is the upcoming Appearance tab, which will mean the look of your armour will become less important. At that point you could mix-n-match your armour pieces to provide the best possible protection against poison/disease etc whilst looking like ur actually wearing pink hotpants and a tee-shirt !!!

A GREAT guide to all things combat is avaiable here.......http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=265090........ in my opinion its a "MUST READ" document