• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with Stratics, what could be the reason ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a few days that I am having this problem. When I login into Stratics' Forums, the section with my conversations, alerts and so forth does not appear on the screen. They are there, as you can see from the picture here, if I move with the mouse where the links are, the gumps show up as the imagine shows, but the links are just not visible outright as they used to be.

I tried deleting all cookies, restarting the computer but nothing seems to work.
What could be the problem for this glitch ?? How can I bring them back to be visible on my screen?

Thanks for the help.

Stratics.JPG

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My stratics is the exact same way. I've tried everything to fix it and nothing has worked.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Please provide browser type/version and monitor resolution.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same problem here - when I use Stratics in Microsoft Internet Explorer and on Win 7...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please provide browser type/version and monitor resolution.
I am using Firefox 15.0, and the monitor resolution is 800 x 600

This has been happening since a week or so. Cannot remember exactly....
It used to be fine with this same browser which has not been version updated and with the same monitor resolution. That is, everything in my computer is the same and yet, I have this problem anew......

Last edited:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks, popps. Would you try temporarily increasing your resolution? Also, is this for all themes, or only for UO Classic?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The width is fluid, so that it adjusts to people's browser size. However, when I make my browser really small, which could correspond to low resolution, those links disappear. If I extend my browser out a bit, they reappear. (See images below).

I see them when I use my 14" laptop, but the resolution is like 1280 wide. Think the problem is probably the super low resolution settings. Reason it may have just started happening is because we added two links--one for UO, one for other devs.

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im using IE windows 7 with a res of 1024x768. Seems to only be happening with the classic default theme with or without snow.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Interesting. Not sure what that means, but it's a helpful potential lead.

Have you tried the temporary res upgrade? Just curious.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I increase my res it does fix the problem but I don't like the way it makes my screen look in general so doubt I leave it that way. :(

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, ty. Now we're getting somewhere. Guess I need to figure out a different way to organize top-level navigation.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have the same problem, and i tryed ajusting the res to no affect.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Interesting. Ok, I need to reevaluate how to add other links. Ty for the help.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taylor: No effect, unfortunately. But I am running with 1280 x 1024 in IE 7... I works perfectly on Chrome, but I hate Chrome...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps S_S Winker Eaerendil Removed "developers" link. Any change?
Yes, and a positive one ! Now all 4 links are back to show up on the display at my usual resolution.
That means that the "developers" link was causing it. That link is usefull and handy though, any chance of putting it back without it causing the problem ?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I can't seem to make my navbar have that problem, Eaerendil. Hmm...love technology.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No problem, I can use Chrome instead or the lil "Open Quick Navigation"-thingy... Thanks your your attention!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, but that totally removes core functionality. Going to try to figure it out.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Eaerendil Will you please try the theme "Animate-ImprovedNavigation" to see if stuff re-appears? Just testing something.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eaerendil Will you please try the theme "Animate-ImprovedNavigation" to see if stuff re-appears? Just testing something.
Errrmm, I got nosey and tried doing this and it messed my stratics all up! I had a heck of a time trying to get my default classic theme back.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If Eaerendil tried this and it messed him up like it messed me up, he/she won't be able to reply back because everything they click will say "webpage you are looking for cannot be found".

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've been using it fine on FireFox and IE? Anyway, I deactivated that one, which should pop him back to the default Animate.

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I switched to animate-improvednavigation it made my page solid white except the words which went down a long line on the left side of my screen, would not load any graphics, and whatever link I clicked on said webpage could not be found. I had to goto stratics main webpage somewhere just to get the option at the bottom of my screen to change the theme back.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yuck. Damn. Hoped that'd be a solution.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am back from work now and on my PC at home everything works nicely. I try tomorrow again. Anyways, thanks so much for your efforts! I really appreciate that!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good info here.. sorry to hijack the thread but is there a way to remove the ads "Pwned" and "12 days of giveaways". Those are very large ads and i dont need to see them every time on every thread. Thanks

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Those are notices--not ads. I've got them set not to dismiss atm, but will change them within the coming days.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats not the answer i wanted to read :p

EDIT: You made me to 'work'... and thats how do I read this forum now:
MyStratics.png

Firefox external CSS FTW

Sorry about the logo, it was too big :p

Last edited: