• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with slasher

R

ReaperNI

My letter in the ask devs section

I would like to purpose some form of cool time on slasher's hailstorm/para attack. Slasher chains these attacks atleast 4 times or more each one resulting in a instant death with no way to defend yourself. currently a well timed pot has a 50/50 of letting you escape redlined. I dont mind the attack but i dont want to see it spamed as much as it is now. Another way if you wanted change it other way would be to remove the paralyzing affect. Rikki does massive dmg which can instantly kill people but since you are able to move its easier to fight. Please take this into consideration many of my friends in game agree that this special is being abused. thank you TYR

Anyone eles agree or disagree or have any suggestions? TYR

L

longshanks

we do him regularly in my guild both with a mystic mage group and a sampire group. This effect imho is only annoying to the extent it takes longer to kill him.

Where are u killing him?

I'm not saying we dont die when he does that effect but not to the extent that i'd call for him to be changed. Maybe u need to re access your tactics.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically you are asking to make the Slasher of Veils easier to kill. I strongly disagree, because the Slasher is one of the few monsters left in UO that cannot be killed by a solo player.

However, I would like to see monsters be made more dangerous not by just giving them an insane amount of hit points, but rather by makeing their behavior more intelligent. There would be plenty of ways to achieve that.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically you are asking to make the Slasher of Veils easier to kill. I strongly disagree, because the Slasher is one of the few monsters left in UO that cannot be killed by a solo player.

However, I would like to see monsters be made more dangerous not by just giving them an insane amount of hit points, but rather by makeing their behavior more intelligent. There would be plenty of ways to achieve that.
there was a thread recently on somebody using a mace-mystic-stone form- etc etc to solo slasher with huge success.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slasher is fine the way he is... i expect a mosnter of his caliber to be able to do the damage he does, like the stygian dragon who has the same style attack..my wife and i take both down with a few deaths sometimes.We enjoy the challenge of the battle and in turn the slasher enjoys killing us at random :) i have made a Slasher room at our old mall deicated to all that he has dropped on us in our battles..

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That stun with no chance to survive is simply a design flaw. Every game design school teach that. They need to rebuild that encounter badly

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
navery does the same exact thing, only it uses a web to freeze you and the bite to kill you. both deaths can be avoided with invis pots and/or a mage healing/curing/invis'ing you. do not change them one bit.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
navery does the same exact thing, only it uses a web to freeze you and the bite to kill you. both deaths can be avoided with invis pots and/or a mage healing/curing/invis'ing you. do not change them one bit.
Do you actually play the game? Invis pots can be interrupted and Navrey freezes people one at a time... Moreover, there is a quest item that removes the webbing... Slashers, on the other hand, freezes the whole screen [ie mages cannot cross heal] and summon boulders falling on you leading to fast death. Slashers is broken and there is a reason why no one fights him (while everyone fights navrey all day long)

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slasher is fine the way he is.
He is supposed to be tough.

Just because something is strong is no reason to nerf it.

I would like to see an even stronger creature in the game, that would require some serious teamwork, dedication, skill, and time to kill (but with suitable rewards at the end - but not something that would imbalance PvP, PvM, etc.).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The slasher in my opinion is unfinished. Just read the description on the stygian abyss site:

This daemon is from another dimension. It has immense powers and can only be banished once weakened, never killed. Players can choose to summon it at the bottom of the Abyss. If they're defeated, it will rampage in the lower levels until it's pushed back to its portal. During that time, some creatures of the Abyss will go into hiding while others will rally with the daemon. Every hour that passes with it on the loose extends its influence. If the Slasher is not summoned by players for a week, it will randomly spawn at the bottom of the Abyss. Players would be wise to summon it in a more contained location.
have you ever see any of these features?

Requiem_baja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I solo slasher very easy on a stone form macer or a throwing wammy. Stone form is easier as I never die... Wammy is way faster though but I die like every 3 slashers.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you actually play the game? Invis pots can be interrupted and Navrey freezes people one at a time... Moreover, there is a quest item that removes the webbing... Slashers, on the other hand, freezes the whole screen [ie mages cannot cross heal] and summon boulders falling on you leading to fast death. Slashers is broken and there is a reason why no one fights him (while everyone fights navrey all day long)
lol acid poppers are for newbs. good luck with that attitude of yours. i don't die to slasher or navery, why do you ?

Cash

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I solo slasher very easy on a stone form macer or a throwing wammy. Stone form is easier as I never die... Wammy is way faster though but I die like every 3 slashers.
hey could you tell me the exact skills on these 2 chars? i dont even know what a throwing wammy is lol
and whats the big deal with stone form?