• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems logging in

christaoconner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys. Thanks to EA's lack of enthusiasm to help me solve my problem, I am turnin to you guys to see if any of you have dealt with this before. The other day I tried to open up UO and when I signed in, it froze on "Verifying Account" so I X'ed out of it and tried again. Then I got the message "Problem communicating with Origin. Please restart UO and try again." So, I did just that. I closed down UO at least 30 times. I shut down and restarted my computer. I unplugged my router and try again. I kept getting that message. So, I uninstalled the client, and reinstalled it... and I'm STILL getting the same message. I had a friend sign on into my account, and the account came up for him, so the account is fine. It's something with my computer. I tried to call EA, but was disconnected (I think they hung up on me). Then, I tried their live chat... waited 27 mins to get to my turn, then it said "Request Cancelled. No representatives available". So I wrote an e-mail, and it's been 24 hours, and no response... as usual. Last time i wrote an e-mail, it took them an entire week to get back to me... with no solution anyway.

I googled the situation and tried what some people suggested, but it seemed like a lot of people were using something called Razor and that was what was giving them problems, but I am not using any other programs... just trying to open UO by itself. Any suggestions?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not much help with tech problems, but just wondering, are you using UOA? and did you get that patch this week? did the trouble start after that?

christaoconner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I am not using UOA or UOAM. I have vista, so none of that ever worked for me. I was just tryin to start the regular classic client. The problem started on Tuesday. I signed on in the morning, then when I went to sign in around lunch time it gave me that message. And hasn't worked since then. It's very frustrating! I can't get my UO fix haha.

W

woody_cats

did you recheck that you are running uo in admin mood and that your firewall is not blocking something sounds like a patch issue

christaoconner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am running it how I always ran it. I didn't change any settings. It starts up the program fine, I just can't sign into my account, so I don't think it's Vista... How do I check if fire walls are blocking something? I am using Norton, so they have their own firewalls. Windows fire walls are turned off.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its a sign from god. Put down UO and walk away.

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To check your firewall if I remember correct (hates Norton) open Norton clik file and see if you see either firewall or exceptions cant remember been awhile but anyways look for UO exe and unblock it, and also try opening(hates Vista to) your UO with a right clik and run as admin and see if that connects

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after you reinstalled UO did you check and make certain the patch folder was empty? it should have been with a new install, but every time I've seen this 'cannot connect' problem it was because of a patch not applying properly.... I think :confused: like I said, I'm not much help with this kinda thing

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did it allow you to patch the last update?

And are you sure you didn't change some client side files?

A

Az of DSR

I hear if you drink too many red bulls you cant connect to the servers? :eyes:

christaoconner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, tried to check firewall on norton... i'm not sure exactly how to find UO file, so I just turned the firewall, but it still gave me the same message. When I try to run it in Admin, instead of starting with teh Stygian Abyss frame it started with Age of Shadows, but needless to say, still gave me the same message. I don't understand why I'd have to do that anyway, since it worked before with just double clicking on the icon. I had not changed any settings or downloaded anything new before it stopped working.

I am completely stumped... I miss UO....