• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

problem with stealth.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems with the ec client i keep getting kicked out of stealth ill take one step and no longer be hiding.

i have 100 hiding and 110 stealth.. i should never fail.

i turned off auto run and auto walking.

anyone else having any problems with this?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems with the ec client i keep getting kicked out of stealth ill take one step and no longer be hiding.

i have 100 hiding and 110 stealth.. i should never fail.

i turned off auto run and auto walking.

anyone else having any problems with this?
where are you stealthing?
have you also tried on CC?

the best place you can test is in your house where you cannot fail, then check the journal for a message that explain why you are visible :p

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you might have toggled "Always run" (you said "auto run" in your post, but not "Always run").

Try toggling it and see if it works.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
auto run is not on.. it just seems like sometimes i take that first step and i fail stealth.. even tho im 110 skill..

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
auto run is not on.. it just seems like sometimes i take that first step and i fail stealth.. even tho im 110 skill..
Hang on, you said "Auto Run" again...
Just to verify, I meant "Always Run".

"Auto Run" is not the same as "Always Run". To rule out "Always Run" and isolate the issue, do the following :

1) Under "options" -> "user settings", you will see both "Auto Run" and "Always Run"

2) Ensure that both are unchecked.

3) Then, go to the "input" tab where you can map some of the default functions to hotkeys

4) Look for the function "Toggle Always Run", click on it and assign a hotkey

5) Click "Ok" to save the settings

6) Move around and see if you are running or walking

7) Now press your hotkey and move around to see if there's any difference

8) Make sure you have toggled to walking speed, then hide and try to stealth

If the problem goes away, that means it's fixed. If not, it's something else.

U

unified

Thank you, Harlequin.

This information was useful for me to figure out why I kept breaking out of stealth. Now that I know this, I can take stealth off of my soulstone and start using it again.

P.S. "Thank you" does go a long way, but don't let that stop you from helping others. :)