• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with Provo on Tmap Guardians

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone else had a problem provo'ing treasure map guardians onto each other on lower level maps? I tried on level 3 and 4 Fel maps, got the message that I succeeded, but they still targeted me. A guildie tried on level 4's with the same problem, but WAS able to provo them onto each other on a level 6 Fel. Any thoughts? @Kyronix

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else had a problem provo'ing treasure map guardians onto each other on lower level maps? I tried on level 3 and 4 Fel maps, got the message that I succeeded, but they still targeted me. A guildie tried on level 4's with the same problem, but WAS able to provo them onto each other on a level 6 Fel. Any thoughts? @Kyronix
Sometimes it takes a while for them to switch target, especially if they targeted you before you start the provo. Did u try to invis yourself after successfully provoking them to see what happens?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sometimes it takes a while for them to switch target, especially if they targeted you before you start the provo. Did u try to invis yourself after successfully provoking them to see what happens?
I did not, but I "waited" long enough to see they were still agroing me. Unless, the "timing" is different just on the guardians. My guildie used to do it all the time, and it almost got her killed a couple of times when she saw the message, but they were still casting on her.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We? Maybe someone was casting peacemaking and targeting self to mess with you ;p

But u didnt tell me, provo didnt work on any particular mobs?
Oh, we, meaning she tried it solo last night, and me today. So nobody to mess with us. It would not provo ANY of the level 3 or 4 Fel map guardians on each other regardless of type. Even though we both got the message it did.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only Monsters which used to give silver (OL, Daemon) should be effected by that bug. Other critters should provoke just fine.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been this way for years and when I brought it up I was led to believe it was just me, only level 4 fel maps for me, all the higher level mobs seem ok and oddly on level 4 maps the ogre lords will actually fight each other but everything else says it worked along with the animations but alas not fight.