• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

problem patching 2d client with 6.0.5.0

D

dupadupa

just got the 2d client installed again... been using KR since my return... only problem is that the 2d client downloads the 6.0.5.0 file but fails to apply it.. as shown below...

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uose_win32_6-0-5-0.rtp( 849398 bytes )
Downloading patch uose_win32_6-0-5-0.pat( 11 bytes )
Downloading patch uose_win32_6-0-5-0.rtp( 849398 bytes, resuming )
Downloading patch uose_win32_6-0-5-0.pat( 11 bytes, resuming )
Applying patch patch\uose_win32_6-0-5-0.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

ive rebooted... ive deleted the patch file rebooted then tried again... disabled firewall etc... the previous patch to this applied fine... just cant get this one to work... any help is much appriciated

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are you installing this from?
If it's from an old CD that might be your problem. I have heard of older versions not patching correctly because of this. Try downloading the newest install file from UO.com and see if that works.

D

dupadupa

Where are you installing this from?
If it's from an old CD that might be your problem. I have heard of older versions not patching correctly because of this. Try downloading the newest install file from UO.com and see if that works.
thank you for the quick reply... i downloaded the ninth age from uohearld ftp site... i do have an old AOS 2d/3d disk but thats at my mums house which is somewhere i do not go often :)

which is the newest 2d edition?

{edit{ just started downloading the ML 2d client.... which i have realised is the same file i downloaded earlier.. so it seems i act do have the newest version!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe a file got corrupted during the install that needs editing for that patch. Hopefully a new install will help.

If not, look for the patch.log file, it should tell you what file it's stalling on.

D

dupadupa

maybe a file got corrupted during the install that needs editing for that patch. Hopefully a new install will help.

If not, look for the patch.log file, it should tell you what file it's stalling on.

thank you petra for your responce on this...

i downloaded modains legacy last night.. which started patching about 1am gmt.. so i went bed and even tho it is a older client than i orginally downloaded.. it patched just fine

but again.. thank you petra for your kind input... one can only guess something got corrupted somewhere :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:D you have signatures turned off?
Vendors: Barian's Mall, Yewdale, Trammel, Europa 56º57N 24º19W
Molly Fyde's Emporium, Moonglow Gate, Siege Perilous 29º5N 137º15W
I play 2 shards, Europa and Siege.