• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Problem Connecting to Origin..." blah blah blah

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When switching characters on the same account, i keep getting this error message that says something like "There is a problem connecting to origin.." ...

I don't know what is causing this, but id like it to stop as soon as possible.

Anyone else having this problem???

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When switching characters on the same account, i keep getting this error message that says something like "There is a problem connecting to origin.." ...

I don't know what is causing this, but id like it to stop as soon as possible.

Anyone else having this problem???
Had this problem before last year. You don't have to close the client to fix. When you log out re-enter your pass. If it gives you the error message when it returns you to screen click an area of the login screen so your cursor isn't in the account name or pass area. Then hit enter. I know it's a workabout and they need to fix this. But had it happen for a while last year. It is happening to me as well. At least this way you don't have to restart the client when it does happen.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yep. Having it happen on my end as well every so often in the last few days.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Increased number of Origin errors?

Not just Origin, all shards are having it. I'll add Europa also as I normally get the 'communicating' error on 1st attempt these days but always straight thru the 2nd.
My paranoid side tells me it's because the address has been cloned and i'm gonna lose all my stuff one day soon........ :p

OldUO

Adventurer
This is getting ridiculous, I cannot connect I have tried everything.

Maybe I will save my money and just go back to the NON Buggy free shard I was playing on.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The past couple of days I have this issue as well about half of the time I try to log in.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same issue here. Really needs to be resolved.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I swap chars between 3 accounts all day long and last days like 75 % of the time it happens. Its Europa and my alliance members complaints it happens to them as well.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, happening to me now too. Most of today was fine, now all of a sudden I keep getting the connection issue every time I switch toons or accounts.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
problem is back and worse than before cant log in at all now, tried 10 plus times - waited still cant get in lol

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If "Connection to Origin" message doesn't pop up, it hangs on the Verifying Account screen for about 20 - 40 seconds.

I hope this isn't done to reduce frequent logins during the holiday gift distribution! :eek:

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yep.

three clients now logged in - 32 attempts to make it happen....

this is kind of a problem, eh?

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Problem is occurring now, more than before.
4 log in attempts just now before getting in, then sit and wait while it "verifies", which is a much longer wait than usual!!

The problem is Not fixed!!

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
On the plus side... Looks like im not the only one. Vendor search not working and now this connecting to origin thingy.. geez the hamster needs replacing!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The login server's hamster needs to be taken behind the server farm and put down...then replaced with a young, spry hamster.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The login server's hamster needs to be taken behind the server farm and put down...then replaced with a young, spry hamster.
I agree.... @Bleak, @Kyronix need to do something or it will litterally take me all month at this rate to get my gifts since I can barely log in and out for them.... taking longer all the time...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I keep suggesting they upgrade to Rats, or maybe a nice Skinny Pig

skinny pig (hairless guinea pig)_ I'm allergic to traditional guinea ___(1).jpg

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
,I was trying to get my xmas gifts on Dracs but switching off and on dont work when u cant log back in

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said at some point that this was fixed... im still having a lot of issues. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it... Like a third world trying to build a water park in the middle of a drought.

This issue has been resolved.
He was obviously being sarcastic.

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
definately not in a rush now to get gifts thats for sure after taking almost 3-4 minutes just to get on ONE character grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep suggesting they upgrade to Rats, or maybe a nice Skinny Pig

View attachment 39919
OMG that is FUGLY! But then I loathe guinea pigs. The annoying "weaking" sound they make...and their constantly being afraid of, well, everything.

Can't use rats though, they're too much fun to play with. I miss having them as pets.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OMG that is FUGLY! But then I loathe guinea pigs. The annoying "weaking" sound they make...and their constantly being afraid of, well, everything.

Can't use rats though, they're too much fun to play with. I miss having them as pets.

They are fun aren't they.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
This issue has been resolved.
Not so much... :frown2:

and when I don't get this:

Origin.jpg

I hang at Verifying Account... for a very long time.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bump. Started for me when Pub 91 hit main servers. Still broken this morning Tuesday Dec 1 2015.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been getting worse! Tonight I tried to get through getting my Gifts just for GL's.... Well I got through about 5 of the accounts and it honestly took me over 5 hours. That's just WRONG. It shouldn't take that long. If it was indeed "resolved" @Bleak... then I would be done with GLs by now instead I'm not even 1/2 done with just my shard.... that isn't the 100's of other characters on all the shards.... at this rate it will truly take the whole danged month to get them. Is that the intent? Or is it to tork us off enough that we quit?

I honestly was more frustrated than excited to get my gifts. Really getting tired of all this BS.

We don't get straight answers on WTF is going on with Vendor Search, Log-in Issues, Changes to Hit Chance and any number of other issues we are told don't exist.

But tell me @Bleak how in the heck can you say there weren't any changes, things are as intended, and nothing is wrong or it's "resolved" when post after post by dozens of players attest to the fact that it is NOT?

So for us paying your paycheck... do we not deserve communication and answers? Do we not deserve your attention? Honestly if we mean so little to you then imagine what you would be doing without us paying your bills.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yep, lag signing in, lag connecting to shard.
Everything is so slow at login and half of the times, I'm asked to restart the clíent. CC client and Win 10

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed this message a few times but not that much previously. Today is terrible and happening all the time though.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm...was gonna log in tonight to get gifts and such.....look's like i'll try again at weekend. lol
Back to Fallout 4 which is where all the Devs are ;)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[SARCASM]i have no problems logging in[/SARCASM]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk