• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Prime interest of player

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so how many left on this shard is orign a prime playing place i wonder ??? and what should we do to draw in new players as d cyn llc bth seem gone and a few fl left top 10 guilds show tops 600 members and that doesnt count mutliples of players hey guys good or bad we need recruit origin or take results

G

I, personally, haven't had much time to play any shard at all the last two months or so. Mainly due to holidays and real life being a royal pain in the ....well you know what.

Give it time, it will pick back up in February and March like it does every year.

Sadly, a lot of players are suffering from UO burnout, myself included. Sometimes taking the break can renew the interest again.

G

I recently transfered to this shard as legends was getting too crowded with players who were not community minded. Thats a fancy way of saying it didnt feel too friendly.

On the list origin came up as the best conection and lowest pop thus giving me a chance for some great housing I placed a keep and bought a castle.

I hope to become aquainted with a few of you as time goes by. in many ways im out of touch with uo in its current state I play old school and with old dungeons vacant theres plenty of room to play that way.

I posted a greeting upon coming here but it had no reponce for 2 days so I deleated the post. I remember a stronger community in UO in former days and feel many play uo as though there will be a winner once the compitition is eliminated.

I hope to contribute something good to this community as I feel uo is more then a game, it is to me a social network not possible in any other format bringing folks together to form a community that in any other form could not be.

Folks like myself will be the ones you will attract they will be looking for a Shard where things are still open and the community needs each other in order to survive thus forming friendships born not only out of mutual esteem but also out of need.

So once again I offer up my greetings and say Hello.

Sparticus- Leg Tamer
Gunny- Eld Archer

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I recently transfered to this shard as legends was getting too crowded with players who were not community minded. Thats a fancy way of saying it didnt feel too friendly.

On the list origin came up as the best conection and lowest pop thus giving me a chance for some great housing I placed a keep and bought a castle.

I hope to become aquainted with a few of you as time goes by. in many ways im out of touch with uo in its current state I play old school and with old dungeons vacant theres plenty of room to play that way.

I posted a greeting upon coming here but it had no reponce for 2 days so I deleated the post. I remember a stronger community in UO in former days and feel many play uo as though there will be a winner once the compitition is eliminated.

I hope to contribute something good to this community as I feel uo is more then a game, it is to me a social network not possible in any other format bringing folks together to form a community that in any other form could not be.

Folks like myself will be the ones you will attract they will be looking for a Shard where things are still open and the community needs each other in order to survive thus forming friendships born not only out of mutual esteem but also out of need.

So once again I offer up my greetings and say Hello.

Sparticus- Leg Tamer
Gunny- Eld Archer

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't read the boards often, but let me be the *first* on here to welcome you to Origin! :p

Back to the topic, I play this shard primarily. I moved here from Chesapeake around 2 1/2 years ago or so. Chessy was too busy for me. Too many people, too crowded... too rude.

G

Welcome and I am glad you came to Origin. Sorry for the sad welcome! Now we are going to have to work hard to make up for that one! I hope to see and play with you in game.

C

C0rmac

I've been on Origin almost a year now. I love UO and will play till the day I am six feet under. Ultima, and this shard is what the players make of it. We can easily create that sense of community that is missing. Host an event same time same place each week soon people will come. I, for instance, host a monthly story teller night.

"If you build it they will come..."

G

In the old days the dungeon crawl was a neat deal and I remember the line up at the covetous lich room, yes i would be interested in a weekly event also agreed that good community unity really isnt so hard to atain if a few take the lead.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

welcome to Origin it's been a good year on origin for me.