• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Priest/Priest leveling

G

My daughter and I have been leveling our 67 priests together lately. What an unbeatable team! I never would have guessed that two squishies would be able to take down the mobs we have been killing!

I am a shadow priest and she is a holy priest. With my shadow damage, and Vampiric Embrace and her healing, we have recently taken down the 67 Elite Mountain Gronn....just the two of us. He was actually pretty easy since my stun proc'd twice on him.

S

Susie Soong

I would like to be a shadow priest after things I have read. But how do I know I am training to be a shadow priest?

B

Bo Riddler

I am sure Dramora will go into more detail than I can but the main way you know you are a Shadow priest is in your Talents. Choose "N" on your keyboard while playing and it will load your talent tree. Three distinct skill trees will be showing. Decipline (?), Holy and Shadow.

Bo <----has never managed to be a very good priest.

G

That's exactly it. You put your talent points into the shadow tree.

When you get to level 40 you are able to get a talent that is called "Shadowform" which gives you that wicked smoky haze around you, and makes your shadow spells more powerful. However, while you are in shadowform, you can't cast any holy spells, which means that you have to go out of shadowform to cast heal on yourself.

That's why I said the shadow/holy priest combination was awesome. My daughter keeps me healed and I do wicked damage in shadow form, as well as using vampiric embrace which is a level 30 talent and allows all party members to be healed for 15% of any shadow damage that you do.

R

RayneStorm

Grats on the leveling spree! My wife and I are doing something similar (Warlock and Mage) and it is AWESOME the amount of power squishies can put out.

Two priests...might have to try that sometime. That just sounds bad***!

B

Bo Riddler

<blockquote><hr>

Two priests...might have to try that sometime. That just sounds bad***!

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl