• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Prices are outrageous!

• Thread starter festrmentmagnet
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

festrmentmagnet

I guess with the influx of all the stuff now in EALand, prices on objects have skyrocketed.

A litter box is over $14,000 in the catalog.

One bookshelf I was looking at is over $16,000.

I am flabbergasted.

Thank goodness for those sims that brought in boo-koos of stuff that they are selling at reasonable prices because no one could hardly afford anything.

I am hoping prices even out eventually.

G

oof must be a glitch . . . head to the bug boards . . . someone will post it's location . . ty

I

imported_Founder

wow a digital litterbox costs more than a real life litterbox, as per exhange rate. If only we could import the real life boxes into the game...

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

oof must be a glitch . . . head to the bug boards . . . someone will post it's location . . ty

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm why is it a glitch? Its normal for prices to flactuate after merges.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I can't wait to see how things work out now that all the merging is done.

G

My gosh! I hope that changes. Its really hard to collect cash and start a business with rates like that. But maybe the economy will start to balance out n the next few months now that the major changes have been made.

I

Isimsalotta

<blockquote><hr>

I guess with the influx of all the stuff now in EALand, prices on objects have skyrocketed.

A litter box is over $14,000.

I am flabbergasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wowza ~ Just logged in one of my store owning simz and I don't believe my eyes
How can prices be that HIGH? So, I would have to wrk my sim at highest level at wrk 8 shifts to afford one of those GOLDEN Litter Boxes ~ O my! That is 16 RL hours to buy just one item?? HUH??

G

<blockquote><hr>

A litter box is over $14,000 in the catalog.

I am flabbergasted.

Thank goodness for those sims that brought in boo-koos of stuff that they are selling at reasonable prices because no one could hardly afford anything.

I am hoping prices even out eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]
Soon, pricing will not be in simoleons, but in barrels of simoleons.

Take the crafting bench - at $99,999, it is way out of reach for most players. Yet, it is needed for crafting and some cc. This just means that some new, talented cc creator will not be able to create stuff for the game without selling a few organs to the ATM.

G

glass_angel

if they are making 99,999 the limit, then it should just be a few weeks before most of the items cost that much. didnt take long for the top 5 skill/money items to reach that already....
a jam table now $,61,759 ?? and rising!!! i am not fond of the new system...

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

if they are making 99,999 the limit, then it should just be a few weeks before most of the items cost that much. didnt take long for the top 5 skill/money items to reach that already....
a jam table now $,61,759 ?? and rising!!! i am not fond of the new system...

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! And I have job items I'm trying to get rid of that I can't use on my lot. I could make some good money if someone would BUY them, but no offers so far.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

The craft tables and pet carriers are now $99,999.

Yesterday the craft tables were 48k and the pet carriers were 24k.

I'm sure tomorrow there will be a lower or higher price

Its just like the stock exchange, up and down it goes, were it stops no body knows
!

G

glass_angel

i think the logic behind making the economy like the stock market is great but we don't have the "sellers/traders" the stock market does.
you consistently have people buying and building...yes, a higher price will make them start a money house (example) doing potions 6k if the prices are low on them and prices are outrageous for jams 59k each. good thing, we will have many different things to do because people will look to do more inexpensive things...
but...how many people are doing that this week and how many people are actually deleting the same items? let's face it...no one is deleting anything, especially now, they are looking to trade or sell you their stuff. how many people that decide they dont really play or cancel really go around deleting their things or giving them away? most likely....those things will just sit there while people buy more and more.....
personally, i dont see where the balance will be of the prices having a downside to them...especailly more popular items like pets and jams.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

This also a plus and negative for stores. What I did for my store was stock 3 lots full of items in av and bf and now I can make a profit by selling these items at extremely low prices since I have stock that was merged. This allows players to have temp discounts but once my stock runs out I have to make a profit and sell for what my discount is thus ending low prices and my business becomes slow. Hopefully prices will change.

G

I think they are making way for the new name for simoleans...

PEANUTS.

I

independent117

yeah im a store owner and i refuse to price items that high to make a profit. im just not gonna keep it open until prices to back to normal. i cant restock items at that price lol

G

Same with me! How can we afford to sell just what we have now if we can't make enough simoleans to re-purchase replacements for the items. At the same time how can EALand expect non paying members to convert to paying members if they can't afford anything anyway? Whats the sense in subscribing to a game that you can't get anywhere in? The payouts are extremely low so very little chance of being able to build up enough to buy land and build a house let alone furnish it with anything.
Also what if someone wants 6 code machines from my store? I might have 5 on the lot now but to get that 6th one I can't afford it even if they buy all five at my lower price! How is that handled? To me its almost like forcing the store lots out of business!

D

DGLita

you jut have to ride this out, but its going to be interesting to see how this all pans out. The dynamic pricing is dependant on what sells and what doesnt, on the basis that what sells most will rise in price most and what sells least will drop.

As long as people dont suddenly start rushing out buying jam tables at $78k each, the price will drop until they start selling again.

They really should have resisted implemeting dynamic pricing until all the merges were over tho, the current prices are just insane and makes a mockery of the game. What on EARTH do new players make of it? EA are encouraging new players on the one hand and frightening the sh.. life out of them on the other

I

imported_fajjaa

Maybe EA is banking on that one new subscriber that is willing to pay a couple million dollars at the atm machine to buy, build and furnish a nice little sim house. The game will last forever and we will all sim happily ever after.

T

Terra Pin

<blockquote><hr>

What on EARTH do new players make of it? EA are encouraging new players on the one hand and frightening the sh.. life out of them on the other

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not really a 'new' player but I haven't played in over 3 years so I almost qualify
I'm starting fresh of course since my old sims are long gone, so here I am, skilless and moneyless. For me it's not quite so scary though, because I'm enjoying running into long lost simmie friends while I find my feet again. I've been a lot owner in the past, built houses, ran a top 10 offbeat lot so there's no current pressure to 'do it all' right away.

My current distress is being flat broke, skilling up cooking but making way less per jam sale than I remember making... and feeling like I'm really sponging off the kindness of the lot owners that are feeding and keeping my needs in the green. The way the economy is now is so radically different from when I used to play that it will take some more time to really understand it. I'm really not fond of the buying game $ for rl $ trend.

That's my 2 cents for the moment

~Mairi

G

<blockquote><hr>

They really should have resisted implemeting dynamic pricing until all the merges were over tho, the current prices are just insane and makes a mockery of the game. What on EARTH do new players make of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy simations an easel is 52k . . I am speechless.

N

NightFlyer

I have seen several Free Account players saying they couldn't possibly see fit to pay for a subscription when they would be working for months to pay the prices in EA Land.

Hopefully EA will wise up and adjust things to be reasonable. This isn't attracting new players!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have seen several Free Account players saying they couldn't possibly see fit to pay for a subscription when they would be working for months to pay the prices in EA Land.

Hopefully EA will wise up and adjust things to be reasonable. This isn't attracting new players!

[/ QUOTE ]
If there is a some clever strategy to all the bizarre decisions of late, they certainly keep it well hidden.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If there is a some clever strategy to all the bizarre decisions of late, they certainly keep it well hidden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put!

L

luvibunni

I thought I was seeing things when I noticed a tip jar for $200...

S

simified

I'm not laughing, not smiling, not even hopeful for this game anymore. I used to have a blast on this game. But now, all the fun has been sucked out. It's like a real job now. Let's see. I can spend an hour trying to earn $100, but I can't afford to buy a palm tree at roughly $400 for my lot. How sad. How unfun. Makes me want to cry. Cause I will miss my friends when i finally give up and quit.

G

You know what, I left the game before the HUGE money exploit that left billions leaked into the cities so I don't know what that was like... but even if there were some people rich, some people poor, at least there was money in the system! Devs, what is the point of making us struggle so much for some money?? So we don't use the cash out system? This TERRIBLE idea of a feature just made the game worse two fold! You are making a lot of players unhappy I hope you soon realize this and address it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put!

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed! I don't mind working for the things I need in EA land, but at this point, things are so rediculous that its impossible to ever think of affording a house if prices stay the same. I do have a little faith in the devs, though. I don't think they'll let the game fail. If the currency situation doesn't straighten out a little bit, they'll find a way to tweak it into a better situation. Its just hectic right now with all of the things that have changed.

G

NOIP
Just a little info for the ignorant, starving masses (us).
Just doing a rough estimate here, but - to save enough money to buy and up-size a normal lot to about 5 or 6 (hell, let's just say 80k simoleons), would take a well skilled sim working 8 hours a RL day at a single job object at 50$ per pop..... (carry the 1, divide by the radius of France).... about 15 RL days (time allowed for greening).
That's "unfurnished". For the furniture, add about 15-30 more days , depending on how design conscious you are (most of a day for the fridge alone).

Oh, I forgot about building the actual house, laying floors, and painting walls. If somebody wants to calculate that - be my guest.
Sooooooo, roughly 30 days to 2 months, unless you can find a generous benefactor (sucker).

Happy Simming!

Disclaimer: These figures are rough estimates only, and for single job objects only. No stopwatches were harmed in the computing of these numbers.

G

The ability to import custom content into TSO - $4.00

All the cities merged together - $5.99

Having to work and slave to earn a few measly bucks to put towards saving up to buy a litterbox - priceless.

There are some things video game money can't buy. For everything else, there's cancelling your account(s) to show your displeasure at a game that is becoming less and less fun by the update.

G

Because of the recent going ons in the game, like low payouts, high prices and payouts compared to skill level not meaning much. I think we need more name changes than just the currency name.
So I have a few suggestions...

Simoleans = Peanuts
Money lots = Sweat house
Skill lots = Pre school
Sim = Slave
Town hall = Complaints department

Feel free to add any more

G

I agree with you completely.... i must have just left myself before everyone made these so called billions of dollars... of well im sure they were throwing their money around alot .... before i left the game 2 years ago i believe i had around 500.000 and helped out a quite few newbees to the game.... so the money never left the game it just got devided into the game.... and now i understand that you can cash out your money? that i think is a wrong choice...and im sure ea will find out that same thing...i can see it now.. chain reaction comming up here in the future ....Tiger Woods Will Let you sell back your golf clubs for real cash that you earned in the game to began with......do you see it... i dont and i did not understand why they did it in the first place...although the option of buying money i thought was a good idea even if i will NEVER buy the money i will do it the right way and earn it....
BUT my point here is... IF EA wants to bring more people into this game they cannot do this way... if a newbee comes into the game he/she will want too start some type of business and will not be able too afford it and they will not want to buy the money to do it.... gheesh i floated for a week before i could even afford to buy a lot this time and i have 4 accounts...... so i do feel for you store owners alot....i can see alot of you goinmg out of business soon if something does not change soon

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
Just a little info for the ignorant, starving masses (us).
Just doing a rough estimate here, but - to save enough money to buy and up-size a normal lot to about 5 or 6 (hell, let's just say 80k simoleons), would take a well skilled sim working 8 hours a RL day at a single job object at 50$ per pop..... (carry the 1, divide by the radius of France).... about 15 RL days (time allowed for greening).
That's "unfurnished". For the furniture, add about 15-30 more days , depending on how design conscious you are (most of a day for the fridge alone).

Oh, I forgot about building the actual house, laying floors, and painting walls. If somebody wants to calculate that - be my guest.
Sooooooo, roughly 30 days to 2 months, unless you can find a generous benefactor (sucker).

Happy Simming!

Disclaimer: These figures are rough estimates only, and for single job objects only. No stopwatches were harmed in the computing of these numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love your humor and you are exactly correct on everything. Pardon me if I don't attempt the math either because most of us know that is not my strongest subject!

I'm getting so disgusted with this game now! I don't mind at all working for my money, but this is getting way out of hand! Please explain the logic of lowering payouts and raising prices. Every way imaginable to make a decent living is being taken away from us. I understand controlling the economy, but this is absolutely ridiculous! Please do something besides creating games for us to interact with others. I want to be able to feel like I am accomplishing something other then meeting other sims. I don't want to play and feel like I'm in real life struggling to make ends meet and feeling frustrated to have to work all day, everyday and still not be able to own, purchase items or feel like I'm having fun. I thought the purpose of playing a game is to have fun! I have struggled to build up my skills and now I feel like, for what? They don't count for much anymore. I can't make enough money to create or make decent money with the skills I have worked so hard to gain anymore. I just don't understand the reasoning for this. What is the objective to all of this and where is the incentive to continue playing? I am feeling very discouraged and disappointed. I really would hate to cancel my account after playing for nearly 5 years.

N

nodgree

At first I was really enjoying this new economy. I thought it put the "game" back into TSO. But now its just rediculous. I never paid for simoleans in TSO and I sure will not pay for them in EA-Land. When my subscriptions are up at the end of this month, thats it for me and my wife. I hate to say it but the game is just not worth it anymore. I've been here since just after the original TSO opened and I have had a blast but, all good things must come to an end I guess.

It's kinda funny that none of the DEV's have stopped in to comment on anything in this thread...

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

At first I was really enjoying this new economy. I thought it put the "game" back into TSO. But now its just rediculous. I never paid for simoleans in TSO and I sure will not pay for them in EA-Land. When my subscriptions are up at the end of this month, thats it for me and my wife. I hate to say it but the game is just not worth it anymore. I've been here since just after the original TSO opened and I have had a blast but, all good things must come to an end I guess.

It's kinda funny that none of the DEV's have stopped in to comment on anything in this thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

The devs never make a comment about low payouts and high purchase costs...they totally ignore it all , but we do get some nice comments from the mods here telling us "this game is so much more fun and a lot better than before since the new devs got involved so stop whinging" , the devs just seem to reply to pointless topics or topics that have nothing to do with the economy

At the moment i prefare the old game.....they should give us a choice of either earning decent amounts of money in the game or struggling, that way all of us that want the ability to enjoy this game properly will get the chance and all though who currently think the devs can do no wrong can continue to struggle.....

N

NightFlyer

TTL

What's the problem? Everyone should be very happy that we now have those much needed money drains!

Just the cost of building alone should do it. The $5300 fence panels and $8000 per piece arches are great drains!

This is what we all wanted, right?....right??

*listens to the sound of crickets*

N

nodgree

I started putting stone walla around my lot before I realized I was paying 5k a peice. 25k gone in less than a minute. It took me over 2 weeks to make the 25k. On top of that, I've thought about asking the repair man to become a roomie since I have to have him at my lot for most of the day because everthing breaks with in 5 minutes of being purchased...

G

OK, all stores know that prices are ridiculous from the catalog. I just can not figure out why this has been done.
Here;s what I see: We all know and in fact on this very board, many stores have brought over items from the old cities. Hundreds of items.
(So follow me here) When the stores could put out an item from the catalog (lets say a toilet) for 100 simoleans, then, first sims would get a much needed item for 100 simolenas, but also, second, the stores selling toilets from the old cities had to price them at or lower than 100 simoleans, right? And since it was ALL PURE PROFIT, they would get in their own pocket a nice gain in their simoleans.
NOW, with the catalog price of a toilet at (61% discount) 1,080 simoleans and a reasonable price for a store of 1,200 to stock the item, those stores with items from the old cities can put out that same toilet at 1,100 simoleans and make 1,100 simoleans on each and every one. Their net worth is going up dramatically and its adding tons of simoleans to their pockets! I hardly think the Developers have thought about this impact on the game. They have set up a system where the rich will get MUCH richer, MUCH quicker on the backs of poor sims who have to work like crazy to buy the needed items from the stores making 100% PROFIT.

with this system in place NO smaller store without warehouses of items will ever be able to compete. There doesnt appear to be any way to hang on for the weeks it will take for catalog prices to go back in line with sims earnings, and even many of the bigger stores will be hurt as we watch those sims who didnt have their warehouse items go poof on their way over in the merges set out hundreds of items at huge prices and 100% profit.

I lost over 900 items that would have been put out in our store at *reasonable* prices and I know some of you that *hate* how I play are saying, *thats great, you deserve it*, but in fact, its YOUR loss becuz i don't gouge like some of the stores that are screwing YOU right now. So between the Developers deciding the ugly red pet bowl should be priced at 3,477 and the sims making HUGE profits on their old city items. it's YOU getting hurt and sucked into the ATM;s.

BTW, our store has stopped stocking regular catalog items and we are hearing all the *way too expensive* comments just like the rest of you. So, developers? How are you explaining this absolute mess you've put stores in?? I think we would all like to hear how the thinking went on these decisions you made, and what you felt the results of these actions would be.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

OK, all stores know that prices are ridiculous from the catalog. I just can not figure out why this has been done.
Here;s what I see: We all know and in fact on this very board, many stores have brought over items from the old cities. Hundreds of items.
(So follow me here) When the stores could put out an item from the catalog (lets say a toilet) for 100 simoleans, then, first sims would get a much needed item for 100 simolenas, but also, second, the stores selling toilets from the old cities had to price them at or lower than 100 simoleans, right? And since it was ALL PURE PROFIT, they would get in their own pocket a nice gain in their simoleans.
NOW, with the catalog price of a toilet at (61% discount) 1,080 simoleans and a reasonable price for a store of 1,200 to stock the item, those stores with items from the old cities can put out that same toilet at 1,100 simoleans and make 1,100 simoleans on each and every one. Their net worth is going up dramatically and its adding tons of simoleans to their pockets! I hardly think the Developers have thought about this impact on the game. They have set up a system where the rich will get MUCH richer, MUCH quicker on the backs of poor sims who have to work like crazy to buy the needed items from the stores making 100% PROFIT.

with this system in place NO smaller store without warehouses of items will ever be able to compete. There doesnt appear to be any way to hang on for the weeks it will take for catalog prices to go back in line with sims earnings, and even many of the bigger stores will be hurt as we watch those sims who didnt have their warehouse items go poof on their way over in the merges set out hundreds of items at huge prices and 100% profit.

I lost over 900 items that would have been put out in our store at *reasonable* prices and I know some of you that *hate* how I play are saying, *thats great, you deserve it*, but in fact, its YOUR loss becuz i don't gouge like some of the stores that are screwing YOU right now. So between the Developers deciding the ugly red pet bowl should be priced at 3,477 and the sims making HUGE profits on their old city items. it's YOU getting hurt and sucked into the ATM;s.

BTW, our store has stopped stocking regular catalog items and we are hearing all the *way too expensive* comments just like the rest of you. So, developers? How are you explaining this absolute mess you've put stores in?? I think we would all like to hear how the thinking went on these decisions you made, and what you felt the results of these actions would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

like there really gonna tell you, i doubt there even reading this, and if they are, lol there sitting in there seats laughing because they are all set to go with all there little sims lol. at least they got a warning lol

G

Just hitting reply . . .
I noticed easels are down from 52k to 47k, there is something going on.

S

simified

Nothing has changed enough for me to stay. I officially let my accounts expire. No threats here, just plain unhappy with game now. I'm going to miss my friends, but I have a feeling that the ones that haven't quit yet, soon will be. Many have let their extra accounts go already.

If they decide to make the game fun again, I will reconsider signing back up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nothing has changed enough for me to stay. I officially let my accounts expire. No threats here, just plain unhappy with game now. I'm going to miss my friends, but I have a feeling that the ones that haven't quit yet, soon will be. Many have let their extra accounts go already.

If they decide to make the game fun again, I will reconsider signing back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not far behind you. I'm giving myself till this summer to make up my mind ... between this issue, the issue of lags, servers going down inexplicably, etc., there are a lot of checkmarks under the "reasons not to stay" column. I've got one check under the "reasons to stay" column for hanging in with my friends ... and that's it.

I can do that for free, however, in IMs. Most of the people I hang with feel the same. Which tells me we are, exponentially, not alone.

I suspect the devs realize this, and are trying to figure out what to do.

The question is, will they pay REAL attention and do something that will keep us all happy enough to stay?

G

glass_angel

totally agree with you!!!
unless you are going to make custom content (which we arent all that computer literate) there is no way to make it in a store because you cant afford to re-stock at the prices they have now.

I

imported_fajjaa

If the Dev team would look at their wiki site, the posts and ideas of the first months that was open, along with the first couple months of the blog, are loaded with fun ideas players gave to the dev team to implement into the game to increase fun in the game. Some people like Gilly spent alot of time giving great detail to ideas. What the hold up is, I have no clue.

Their priorities must be based on keeping the suits and investors happy, which means increase dollars or else. Why cant they sell the fact that people play this game to have fun. So isnt it a no brainer that entertainment just might be a dynamic piece to the puzzle. Instead of trying to create ways to force people to use the ATM machines.