• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Price Check on Bane Dragon

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Price check on Bane. This is on Chessy and pretty much untrained. I am trying to get an estimate to see if I want to train or sell.

Bane 0.jpg Bane 1.jpg Bane 2.jpg Bane 3.jpg
Bane 4.jpg Bane 5.jpg Bane 6.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only calculates to 47.8% But that is because it has low HP. It has the more important almost max Strength.

I would do this to it.

Would kill the hell out of everything.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you’re using this for pvp, 700 str is a waste… damage cap.
120 tactics is generally a waste too, for any pet. See UO-cah.com, pet damage calculator.
banes don’t seem like the best pet for PvM, not sure your intended targets/purpose? For chiv/ai, generally better with a cu or triton.
banes are too valuable to build as pawain spec, I think…

500m min for these

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you’re using this for pvp, 700 str is a waste… damage cap.
120 tactics is generally a waste too, for any pet. See UO-cah.com, pet damage calculator.
banes don’t seem like the best pet for PvM, not sure your intended targets/purpose? For chiv/ai, generally better with a cu or triton.
banes are too valuable to build as pawain spec, I think…

500m min for these
I do not PvP. So I would build it to kill stuff. Any pet kills stuff when built correct and taken to targets that have low resists in the Attackers damage.

Just showing that a 47% can be built to kill.

Someone else may want to waste it for PvP.

You selling any for 500M?

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have none that I would sell.
A properly built triton or cu will perform better in any PVM encounter vs. bane, that I’m aware of, and will cost far less at the end of day(triton in particular).
not considering physicaI appearance of pet…

Jake of Pac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yep. do not train this bane for pvm. sell it as-is and buy almost any other non-magic using pet that's already trained up.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have none that I would sell.
A properly built triton or cu will perform better in any PVM encounter vs. bane, that I’m aware of, and will cost far less at the end of day(triton in particular).
not considering physicaI appearance of pet…
Thats not true, a cu or a triton only perform easier, because of their healing ability, for a lazy tamer or a tamer not beeing able to keep it alive. A pure chiv-ai bane does much more damage and kills much more faster stuff, than a triton or cu. Only the defensive abilities of those pets are better. Bane Dargons with pure chiv-ai on them have nearly the highest dps in UO. Maybe a well trained chiv-ai PP White Wyrm, with 750 - 760 Str on it, is nearly as good as a Bane Dragon, when you look at dps.

Back to topic: That Bane should sell much higher, than 500m. Maybe 800m-1p for that one. That Bane isnt good enough for a pvm chiv-ai build, BUT it is good enough for a great pvp build. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Can somebody explain me why banes are so valuable for pvp ? I see only that reactive poison. Is it so important for pvp ? Really.
Base damage is high. But damage in PVP is capped. And when I was in fire during last event zero reds we're having banes. All were different kinds but no tamers with Bane surely . So where are those Bane owners are PvP-ying?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back to topic: That Bane should sell much higher, than 500m. Maybe 800m-1p for that one. That Bane isnt good enough for a pvm chiv-ai build
I agree with the probable sell price range. But I did show it could be built as an AI/Chiv pet.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cheesus, it's a 550str bane.
You can do a chiv+ai fully scrolled bane with this and leave HP low.

Still does way better than the new WF ostards.
Minimum price should be 1p for this for the buyer who is looking for a chiv+ai capable bane.
This specimen shouldnt be used for PVP builds imo.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thats not true, a cu or a triton only perform easier, because of their healing ability, for a lazy tamer or a tamer not beeing able to keep it alive. A pure chiv-ai bane does much more damage and kills much more faster stuff, than a triton or cu. Only the defensive abilities of those pets are better. Bane Dargons with pure chiv-ai on them have nearly the highest dps in UO. Maybe a well trained chiv-ai PP White Wyrm, with 750 - 760 Str on it, is nearly as good as a Bane Dragon, when you look at dps.

Back to topic: That Bane should sell much higher, than 500m. Maybe 800m-1p for that one. That Bane isnt good enough for a pvm chiv-ai build, BUT it is good enough for a great pvp build. Just my two cents.
in the context of PvM usage, the defensive abilities of a pet can be key. having to micro manage pet health takes away DPS originating from the tamer, which can far exceed that of the pet.

I put the value at 500m minimum; ultimate price can vary on shard / etc significantly. 1p would more typical for atl.

would be good to hear from original poster more about intended usage.

‘I’ve never seen a bane on roof.

Nash

Sage
yeah id have to agree with scott here a bane is wasted outside of pvp so much better to use any other pet to pvm like a fire beetle or a cu even a naja w/e you want just not a bane people pay about a plat for them to build for pvp waste of gold to use it to pvm specially when most monsters poison doesnt bother them

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
would be good to hear from original poster more about intended usage.
I do not PvP and not sure what to do with it. I bought many years ago and was always "gonna get around to" doing something with it but never have. I have never had over 400m at any one time between all characters so was thinking about seeing what it's value would be and decide from there. If I were to sell it, I might be able to invest in something else that would be fun.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure you could get 800M for it. Banes are still selling for 1 Plat on Atl.

I'll start bidding at 600M if you want to sell it soon.