• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Price Check on a Greater Dragon

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Cringes*

I am in a position of choosing the leser of evils.

In context I believe the purchasing gold is more evil than the selling of tamed pets.

This is a price check because all the values are based on memory. I will update them this evening with the real values (expect most everything sans the Skills to be within +- 1 as entered).

A Greater Dragon

HP(893)
Int(551)
Dex(624)

PhysRes(85)
FirRes(89)
ColRes(48)
PoiRes(57)
EneRes(75)

Wre(127.3)
Tac(120.3)
ResSpel(112.4)

Magery(110.4)

Is for sale, looking for what is a fair and reasonable price. BTW the skills are expected levels after training, I am not going to train this one.

M

MonkeyBusiness

The Dexterity cannot go higher than 125 but this is a very nice dragon if your math is correct. Which just to check should be tamed skill level*1.25 = projected/trainable skill level. I have tamed dozens of G-Drags and Lored probably well over a thousand. In my estimation I would put this drag at about 1 in 300 lored drags making it an exceptional speciman. That being said, there really isn't a big market for suped-up G-Drags because G-Drags are sufficiantly abundant and the difference in performance between a 1 in 300 and a 1 in 50 G-Drag is actually not substantial (considering both have max physical resist, 85 and high HP). Your dragon is of course worth what the market will bare. You might get lucky and sell it for 15 mill or be lucky to get 500k, its tough to say. If I already didn't have a G-Drag of Uberness I would probably be willing to pay 10 mill for such a speciman. However, I enjoyed searching for and taming mine - not to say I look down on pet trading. In fact, I think it is a legitimate business but unfortunately most people tame their own pets or get them for free from friends and guildmates so it is typically not a very good business.

Interestingly, I have also found that wrestling on G-Drags on the surface would seem like a very important stat but I have done extensive testing in search of a perfect G-Drag and have found almost no difference between a Drag with 105 Wrestling and one with 129. I selected two drags and based on the fact that they were identical except the projected wrestling, trained both up to their max stats and systematically tested each dragon against a wide variety of carefully selected opponents. My experiments forced me to conclude that by far and without question the factor that governs the strength/Uberness of the G-Drag is the Hit point/(1-(resistance/100)) ratio. The resistance is of course the one corresponding to the damage type being doled out by your opponent. Therefore, G-Drags are the best pets against Monsters that do physical and or fire damage assuming your draggy has max phys and/or fire resists. Cu Sidhes are still best against Cold and Energy if maxed and Rune Beetles are they best against poison attacks. The take home message is use the right pet for the right opponent and you can be very effective.

Hope this helps.

-I'm Chris Hansen/Monkey Business

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

What you would pay was within to over what I was thinking.

My thoughts were 5M to 8M untrained.

As a side note, what I have seen in terms of damage is STR seems to play a higher role that any combination of Wresting/Tactics/Anatomy. For example the GD I have been using at Mil's place has a STR(596), 128.6 wrestling and a 118.3 tactics 100.0 Anatmoy. It does less DPS that another dragon I had with STR(670+) 114.x wrestling, 116.x tactics, 100 anat.

That kind of surprises me and I continue to think I some how am simply drawing the wrong conclusion from the information.

What I have seen vs Millisa and the ParaBalrons there is a 85% physres GD can basically keep themselves alive once they decide to start healing themselves. Just as a map point.

I do agree with your right pet for the right scenario as a generalization but the HP's do mitigate that generalization and of course the ability to heal/vet the pet mitigates a lot of things.

But I do agree with your generalization.