• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pretty happy on the whole so far.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Got the turtle champ going 24/7 on Atlantic. Dunno much about Shadowguard, sounds like it's probably too drawn-out for my short attention span but at least the artifacts are worth getting. New land is a little wonky with the cliffs and is clearly waiting for a patch that gives us something to do with those tribes, but there's nothing wrong with it apart from that weird temple thing you can fall into and get stuck.

I dunno, I like being able to go to the turtle spawn and join in at pretty much any hour of the day or night. I'm sure it won't always be as heavily farmed as time goes by, but you know tamers, people will want more turtle eggs basically forever.

Overall the rewards seem actually rewarding, the action is concentrated on a couple of specific places, and the new graphics seem pretty okay. I love to fire away with criticism when I have it, so I just thought I'd chip in that on the whole I'm happy with this so far. Considering what a small team probably worked on it, doing an actual expansion with new land/pets/art and putting it out for free is pretty impressive.

That being said, yeah, we need a patch that gives some reasons to do stuff with those tribes. Also, the allosaurus disarm spam during the turtle champ? NERF PLZ. Terrible for melee players, you get disarmed amid a crowd of crap and just disintegrate instantly.

You knew I'd work in a complaint before the end.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the disarm, dismount, lethal poison spam is annoying. Dismount not all that frequent thankfully.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are These eggs good for? I am curious - seems that I have to go there, too...

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What are These eggs good for? I am curious - seems that I have to go there, too...
The eggs can be hatched to create a dragon turtle pet that has the same strength as a Greater dragon. Folks on Siege seem to be happy with the loot from that spawn from what Ive seen in GC.

-Val'lyn

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh... So, you basically get a pet looking like a turtle and fighing like a GD? Ok, think I dont need these eggs ;-)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Turtle doesn't give a lot of loot outside mastery books and eggs, BUT what it does drop is awesome. I've gotten several very nice legendary or major arties this way.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I
Got the turtle champ going 24/7 on Atlantic. Dunno much about Shadowguard, sounds like it's probably too drawn-out for my short attention span but at least the artifacts are worth getting. New land is a little wonky with the cliffs and is clearly waiting for a patch that gives us something to do with those tribes, but there's nothing wrong with it apart from that weird temple thing you can fall into and get stuck.

I dunno, I like being able to go to the turtle spawn and join in at pretty much any hour of the day or night. I'm sure it won't always be as heavily farmed as time goes by, but you know tamers, people will want more turtle eggs basically forever.

Overall the rewards seem actually rewarding, the action is concentrated on a couple of specific places, and the new graphics seem pretty okay. I love to fire away with criticism when I have it, so I just thought I'd chip in that on the whole I'm happy with this so far. Considering what a small team probably worked on it, doing an actual expansion with new land/pets/art and putting it out for free is pretty impressive.

That being said, yeah, we need a patch that gives some reasons to do stuff with those tribes. Also, the allosaurus disarm spam during the turtle champ? NERF PLZ. Terrible for melee players, you get disarmed amid a crowd of crap and just disintegrate instantly.

You knew I'd work in a complaint before the end.

Overall I agree - I like that it ties into other things too. Did champ spawns (Lord Oaks in Spirituality) yesterday. First time in 5 years or so. There were at least 15 people there, and even one guy who had never done a champ before - said he didn't even know they existed. Then I killed some tigers and got eaten by a dinosaur. Hard to top that.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There's this temple to the west of the gate that is covered in graphic. I lag hardcore running near it. I think it looks nice though.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks to very high ping, my EC crashes when I get anywhere near that gate. :D
And yes, I had way too much fun during the weekend working the new content and doing remote T2A champ spawns during the long weekend to get primers.
I also paid my time in Doom for doom minor arties.

Good job dev team.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
There's this temple to the west of the gate that is covered in graphic. I lag hardcore running near it. I think it looks nice though.
It seems to be becoming more overgrown every day. Now it is covered in morning glories and bananas.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None of it is static objects for some reason, which causes stupid lag. At least that was the case the one time I ran by there.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Turtle champ is complete unremitting tedium and misery as a melee character after less than a week. Between the disarm spam and area poison spam and the fire on the ground that you'll never see through all bodies and crap, death is inevitable and random.

Also, I have every relevant defensive stat maxed out. No boss should be able to blow me out from full HP in two seconds. It's just bad design.

It's 2015, I have better things to do than this.