• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Prefered Mining Locations

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've decided to work up mining and blacksmithing while I also train imbuing to complete my crafter. Where do you all recommend mining? I'm looking for safe places with a forge nearby and, of course, plenty of mountains.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

D

Drawde2

Cove Fel. In a guard zone, surrounded by mountains, and the Fel bonus to resources. It has a forge and a bank there. Just make sure you have a "GUARDS" macro ready, for the rare occasion you'll see a threat there. And don't bring anything uninsured that you value. Not many thieves left, but you MIGHT run into one.

BTW, use a bonded fire beetle. Portable and ridable forge, though you can't mine while mounted. Just drop the ingots off when you pass the bank.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the reply. I'm having a problem getting my fire beetle to bond, but I'm working that out on the tamer forum. I haven't been to Cove in ages. I will have to go check it out.

-OBSIDIAN-

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Delucia (fel/tram). Guard zone, mountains, blacksmith shop.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm a bit crazy, but...

Ilshenar, Spirituality region. No hostile spawn (unless you get too close to Blood dungeon, in which case, have the spawn chase you into the Oaks spawn and let the pixies/ki-rin/unis kill it), an entire unoccupied mining cave, and a forge & anvil half-way between the gate and the spawn.

Also a good training area for learning to use gargoyle pickaxes (nearby shrine to rez if a paragon jumps you, and again, if you can't handle the ele, have it chase you into the oaks spawn for the spawn to kill it for you. You then loot the ore, and go back to your business. If the elemental is in the cave, just exit the cave, and eventually someone heading to swoop will kill it).