• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre-patch quivers

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never really took much notice of the quiver's of rage and elements, but I understand that one or both of them was recently changed in a patch/publish and pre-patch are selling for millions.

All the quivers I've seen lately are the same as what I have

Rage
Ammo: 0/500 Arrows
Damage Modifier: 10%
Requirement: Mondain's Legacy
Physical Damage 20%
Fire Damage 20%
Cold Damage 20%
Poison Damage 20%
Energy Damage 20%
Contents: 0/1 Items, 0/50 Stones
Weight Reduction: 25%

Elements
Chaos Damage 20%
Weight Reduction: 50%

So can anyone tell me what the change was and why pre-patch are selling for so much please?

Thanks.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get this straight???

If the quiver reads with....Damage Modifier: 10%

They are worth millos/millos...

Anyone wanna buy one????:danceb:

C

Chiera

So let me get this straight???

If the quiver reads with....Damage Modifier: 10%

They are worth millos/millos...

Anyone wanna buy one????:danceb:
lol.. yes, somehow I don't get it either what the thing is about those quivers as obviously pre patch quivers and patched quivers read the same ?!?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol.. yes, somehow I don't get it either what the thing is about those quivers as obviously pre patch quivers and patched quivers read the same ?!?
I don't get it either, thats why I posted. I have the two listed above and if they're the right ones and someone wants to give me alot of gold for them I won't refuse it :D

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is false information.

It is only prepatch if it has the 10% Damage Modifier AND 40% some amage AND 50% some other damage

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is false information.

It is only prepatch if it has the 10% Damage Modifier AND 40% some amage AND 50% some other damage
Ah, ok, so I'd best stop advertising that i'm selling a pre-patch quiver then :blushing:

How come the pre-patch are so in demand then? 10 + 50 + 40 only equals 100, whereas the new ones have 10 + 20 + 20 + 20 +20 +20 = 110 so shouldn't the new ones do more damage? :confused:

C

Chiera

took a while, but I think I understand now what the whole fuzz is all about... see, it is like the patched quivers have all their damage defined as they deal 20% in all 5 resistances adding up to 100% of the damage being applied to the resistances on the target.

Unpatched quivers though have only 90 % of their damage defined in terms of resistances like 40% on one resistance and 50% on another. This leaves 10% of the damage undefined resistancewise. Those 10% are handled by the game mechanics as direct damage which ignores the resistances of the target. And those 10 % is what makes them interesting for pvp'ers apparantly.

So a patched quiver reads 20% damage in all 5 resistances wheras an unpatched quiver reads like 50%damage in one resistance and 40% in another.

The 10% damage modifier applies to both and is not the mod of interest.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this would be a prepatched one then...but why is it worth +50m?? for like a little 10% extra...i still dont get it...but if anyone wants it pm me!!

Rage
Physical Damage 20%
Fire Damage 20%
Cold Damage 20%
Poison Damage 20%
Energy Damage 20%
Weight Reduction: 25%

M

Melchiah

Sorry THP, that's not a pre-patch one. As Chiera said, it's not the 10% Damage Modifier that people are looking for, but the distribution of the Elemental Damages. So, dealing with those alone:

Post Patch -
Physical Damage 20%
Fire Damage 20%
Cold Damage 20%
Poison Damage 20%
Energy Damage 20%
= 100% of damage is distributed across the resistances

Prepatch
50% Physical Damage
40% Energy (I think it was Energy?) Damage
= 90% of damage is distributed to, and reduced/affected by, resistances. This leaves 10% of the damage done that is unaffected by resistances, or direct damage - like an Armour Ignore in effect, and so these quivers will naturally do more damage than their post-patch equivalents.

I think that's the way that it works... Someone shout at me if I'm wrong!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh okies wonders why i had a few of em like that..Lol!!

Still is that 10% difference on a quiver really worth an extra 40-50m?? AND forgive my ignorance but how does a quiver that holds the ammo do any damage?

C

Chiera

Still is that 10% difference on a quiver really worth an extra 40-50m?? AND forgive my ignorance but how does a quiver that holds the ammo do any damage?
It probably ends up to be a bit more than 10% in the end, but I really don't know if it is worth all those millions. People seem to pay the price so they most likely think it is worth it. Seems like any small edge in pvp brings people to pay multi millions *shrugs*

As for why quivers do damage... that's something I wondered about from the moment they were introduced. Must be one of those things only the UO-Gods can make sense of and is incomprehensable to us common humans ;)

S

Splup

It's more then 10 % extra...

Lets say archer shoots 100 dmg (to make this easy)

Normally against 70 70 70 70 70 character he would make 30 dmg (0,3*100).

Now with this quiver, 10 % of the damage is DIRECT damage, which isnt affected by armor.

So now he does 90dmg*0,3=27 + 10 direct damage = 37 dmg.

As you can see that's almost 25 % damage increase...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a word of warning though.

If your caught wearing or selling one you could get yourself banned.
At the very least you'll get the quiver deleted by a GM.

So think carefully before buying an item for 50mill that can be 'removed' at any time.

Some peeps don't like to be killed in PvP and also like taking screenies :cursing:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From this weeks FoF

You guys covered the quivers that were "bugged" a couple FoF ago but what's the deal with the Quivers of Rage?
There was an issue which allowed some quivers of rage to have higher than intended damage modifiers. While the majority of those have been fixed, there still is a few of them out there with irregular mods. Players should not be purchasing these items. A fix has been written that will reset the existing bugged quivers to the normal damage mods and will be released in the near future.
-Sakkarah

BE WARNED!!!!!!!

H

Honest Dan

From this weeks FoF

You guys covered the quivers that were "bugged" a couple FoF ago but what's the deal with the Quivers of Rage?
There was an issue which allowed some quivers of rage to have higher than intended damage modifiers. While the majority of those have been fixed, there still is a few of them out there with irregular mods. Players should not be purchasing these items. A fix has been written that will reset the existing bugged quivers to the normal damage mods and will be released in the near future.
-Sakkarah

BE WARNED!!!!!!!
Thank goodness I sold mine before this message came up =))