• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Practice makes ... well, better anyway

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Late last night I managed to do the spawn in Deceit w/o dying for the first time. Then first thing this morning I manage Rikktor without dying.

I don't know the exact time, but the undead spawn took me just under an hour.

I did look at the time for Rikktor. From the time I recalled to the outside of the dungeon until I was back at the bank was 51 minutes. The spawn itself took about 35 minutes from when I dropped valor on the idol to start it, until Rikktor popped. Then a took another 2-3 minutes to clear myself a place to maneuver while fighting Rikktor, Rikktor himself took me about 6 minutes. Then it took me about 5 minutes to clean up loot.

Now if only I would have gotten any useful scrolls out of these spawns.

I think I've now done 4 or 5 straight without getting any 120s.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I really don't think I can do the spawn piece itself any better. I already use slayer radiant scimitars with maxxed hit area.

Rikktor I spend a lot of time jousting, so him for sure I can do better on. I don't run potions. If I did, and shifted some stats around a bit I would hit just a touch harder, for one thing. Also, I don't run any HLA on my dragon slayer broadsword, but for this bloke, it would come in handy since he hits reasonably often, and for like 50 damage when he does, so I would probably be better off to have HLA on my sword instead of HLD, since I wear the glasses.

Niera I can FOR SURE do better on. For one, since she has no slayer (that I can tell - not undead and she doesn't seem to be repond), and she doesn't hit particularly hard, I would probably be better off to trade my parry for bush when I do this spawn, so that way I can honor her. I also don't really have a good AI sword for things that don't have a slayer, so I used a slayer, but that means it costs me a property on the sword too.

Maybe you're right - I understand the tactics, but I am as of now, not employing them.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Just did the Baracoon spawn for the first time ever today. OK, I guess that's not true. I have tried it before, but always got raided.

From recall to dungeon until back at bank with loot was about 40 minutes. I think I for next time I try him will either bring some SDI jewels and a spell book and just Holy Light the slime level, or I will bring some extra radiant scimitars. That acid blood really beats down my sword...

In any event... boy is he easy.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It prevents the weapon from being damaged by the slimes acid.
I have heard that rumour and tested it......it is cods wallop !

Out killing miasma one day I find a nice spell chan double axe with good sis and hml on it so I gave it a try.....I see no difference at all in the rate of decay in weapons....we use to use holy light....might try that again.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't spawn very often, but until 3 months ago this was working just as I described.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't spawn very often, but until 3 months ago this was working just as I described.
I believe you...I have heard the exact same thing from others...I am just reporting my recent results with this technique. I meant no offense

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That trick still does work. It did work a week ago at baracoon and 2 days ago against slimes in abyss.
If you pay attention, you dont get that message about weapon damage anymore if you have sc on weapon.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used a SC weap with hit area(cold damage) for every Baracoon I did, the same weapon I crafted 3+ years ago. They made this change ages back for the mages who cried that the -20 weapons they had were getting hurt....

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well as far as i can see it still works. Did this acid slug mini champ spawn and farming keys for paroxy. Decay is the same as fighting other mobs. No additional corrosive dmg

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used a SC weap with hit area(cold damage) for every Baracoon I did, the same weapon I crafted 3+ years ago. They made this change ages back for the mages who cried that the -20 weapons they had were getting hurt....
Which is bulls***, completely.

But yeah, the durability will still go down fast (but just like at any spawn; notice how many things you hit with whirlwind + a hit spell) with SC weapons but you don't get the acid blood message (which drops it even faster), I tested it a couple weeks ago at the Acid Ele renowned spawn.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well as far as i can see it still works. Did this acid slug mini champ spawn and farming keys for paroxy. Decay is the same as fighting other mobs. No additional corrosive dmg
See I used 2 different double axes, one with SC and one without...but I felt they both degraded at about the same rate.....It is hard to accurately test this.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It should not that hard to test this. A normal decay rate for a weapon is something like 1 durability point every 25 hits. Slimes remove 1 durability 1 per every hit, or maybe 1 every other. This is a difference that is so huge that it should be easily detected - with little room for statistical improbabilities.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It actually isn't hard at all, just watch for the acid splashing messages.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It actually isn't hard at all, just watch for the acid splashing messages.
Ya because the devs have never made a change without fully changing all components. You all maybe correct, but just cause you get the warning on your screen means little to me.....the numbers I trust more then the words.