• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potential PvP Event - Feedback required

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hello all; I'm thinking of a PvP event after the next Council meeting, so late February/Early March, and I'd like some feedback on the problems with one.

Originally my idea was to do a Capture The Flag event. Spawn an item with Cursed attribute (maybe even an applied glow to the carrier, if that's possible) and then place myself somewhere under the fel rule set. Run it by saying "The Flag is somewhere on Sub-Server X, and I am somewhere on Sub-Server Y", then let you run about fighting to find it, or me, and prevent everyone else getting too/stopping you from getting to either

The problem I couldn't solve with that is someone could just get the "flag" and then house hide or log off with it and ruin the whole thing. I can keep making more, but then I'd have to keep tracking the flag myself and thus wouldn't be able to be found.

So I thought next about a Last Man Standing event. I need your feedback on this though. What issues will there be with locking you all in a big room and letting you fight?

I may be able to keep you caged until a set time and then go for it. However I may need to apply a Mounted Pets only rule in order to move you about during set up; trying to match everyone's pets to their master will slow things down a lot, and I know you want to get on with the killing...

But what about templates like Stealthers? I'm not here to judge which PvP is "valid", and besides you can all secretly decide to gang up on certain guilds and make things interesting in the short term so each match will likely be fluid chaos. However, could stealthers potentially hide in any arena until last?

I was thinking maybe put some revealing mobs into the walls to break stealth every now and then... something out of my hands so there's no bias. Thoughts?

Also, what else should I be aware of to ensure it's brutal, but fair?

Current thinking is say an hour of fighting, or 3-5 matches which ever is longest, with all the winners going into a final round to decide first place. Permanent tribute stone at the EM house, like the past events, with the winner's name on it as the prize.

And any other event ideas you have, post them here. Remember, it has to be workable. There's no point me spending hours behind the scenes setting one up if I then arrive and there's a huge flaw which means it can't be run... so try and think of ways to let me actually give you some unique content and it be there on the day ;)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting! At every meeting we get people mouthing off about how events should be in Fel etc etc. Asked to actually contribute something ----nothing happens. Maybe this illustrates comprehensively why events are held in Trammel. In four days actual suggestions = ZERO

victorinox

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Great idea Gotan, the flag have to be cursed and also a timer on it then i think you can create a item which doesnt allowed to hide if you have it. Stealth should be allowed then there are some pvp templates (but not if you carry the flag)
And as a future event you could do a stealing event thats always funny. I know some guys cry because they dont have a thief but its easy to get stealing through items and a little bit skill.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Bobar for that it's probably more that the pvp community has given up.

I personally myself would see these events as an opportunity for players who do not pvp to see what its all about and maybe get interested and get some new blood into pvping.

I would suggest preventing summons for the last man standing event as a few colossus's would decimate individuals easily. And watch out for Dread Mare / Nightmare if people are allowed to bring pets personally if its a closed area there would be no reason for mounts at all thus just enforce a no pet policy.