• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potential Bug: Charybdis Can't Be Summoned?

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
There is a 25% base chance to spawn Charybdis. I confirmed that he is indeed spawning when you have all the necessary items at the correct location. I had some lucky streaks where I fished him up within 1 or 2 bait uses as well as some incredibly unlucky streaks that took as many as 13 bait uses.

So the answer to your original questions, yes he is spawning and yes it is possible to fail to fish him up.

I did note that the bait bonus from the Fisherman’s set was not being applied to the attempts to fish up Charybdis and have submitted a problem report on this issue.

Thanks for the specific information, that helps me to troubleshoot issues a great deal.
To view the original post, please click here