• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your Templates and Tactics here!

P

pheyespyder

this is what my char will look like, do you think I am spreading myself to thin?

archery 115
peace 115
music 115
provoke 115
chiv 80
focus 80
tactics 100

G

Here's a Dandy template, and he is finished too

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Discord <-That took some time !!!
120 Fencing
100 tactics
70 chiv
60 focus
710 Skill cap

Approach, Discord, Wait, Divine Fury, Peace, Consecrate Weapon, Attack, Peace, Kill, Loot!

He can kill anything PvM out there
But exspensive scrolls tho

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you peace first you only have a 5 second delay to discrod.

but if you dicord first then you have like a 12 second delay to peace.

try to switch them around.
i think you'll get better results

N

NissassaDrol

I started a bard for the roleplay aspects (and have yet to finish off his skills):

Caza

115 Musicianship
110 Provoking
110 Peacemaking
110 Magery
110 Evaluate Intelligence
110 Meditation
40 Focus

95 Strength
15 Dexterity
115 Intelligence

Nothing too fancy in the armour department- just a 100% lower reagent cost suit with some faster casting and recovery. I'm probably about the worst bard on Lake Superior, but I'm enjoying the world of ... bardism?

R

Ronnoc

I played a bard over three years ago in UO before selling my account. I have decided to play and make another bard. My bard was a lockpicking bard, I would get things to fight or throw out several spirit blades and then race around picking and emptying chests. I am interested in doing this again and may use this template:

Provo 100
Music 100
Magery 100
Lockpicking 100
Hiding 100
Eval 100
Meditation 100

My new current bard:

Archery 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Music 100
Provo 100
Magery 50
Hiding 50

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i run a few bards.

my main one.

120 music
120 peace
120 provo
120 discord
110 magic
110 EI
then he wears a 100% LRC suit with LMC and like 8 Mana Regen.
straight pvm fella there, good for partys and such.

my big tamer.
120 tame
120 vet
120 animal lore
120 music
120 peace
120 discord
have yet to meet anyone who can keep up to me in DOOM or anywere else for that matter, this template is by far the most hard core farming template ive ever seen.

then for fun i have this fella.
100 archery
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anat
100 music
100 discord
60 chiv
60 focus
i augment him with his suit and ring/watch to get him higher music and discod (+15) but a real fun template, discord, then pick away at it with a bow.

S

Spartiate

Since my template is different from all those I have seen, I thought I'd post it. It's a practical template, and achievable by even the poorest of players, and it works fine.

It is intended to be a Trammel-only PvM fast money maker, but he works fine when with a large guild hunting at Felucca.

Tamer-Bard

(Easily the most powerful in game PvM template).

Skill points to allocate: 720 (4-year account).
--------------------------------------------------

Musicianship: 120
(Gives bonuses to both Peacemaking and Provocation, and it isn't hard at all to get at 120).

Peacemaking: 107
(Useful to tame hard creatures fast and safely, and also helps in taking out a high level monster faster).

Provocation: 100
(Good for those situations in which many creatures are ganking your main pet).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animal Lore: 110
(Helps in healing more damage when using the Veterinary skill-invaluable when hunting hi-level creatures).

Veterinary: 110
(See comment supra).

Animal Taming:100
(Anything more than GM, is a waste of skill points since there is magic jewelry to get you past 100 when taming hi-level creatures).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magery: 73
(I use magic jewelery, both ring and bracelet to get my magery up to 92, which is the lowest skill necessary for one to cast 6th Level Invisibility, and succeed 100%. Offensive spells, and the 8th circle summoning spells are useless for the Tamer/Bard. My ring and bracelet apart from Magery, have luck and Faster Casting properties on them).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARMOUR: I use LUCK and Mana Regeneration armour only. There are few or none LRC properties on my armour. My main focus, is getting as much luck as possible. My record is, 966 luck, WITHOUT Swords of Prosperity, Luck Robes, and Luck Necklaces.

This template rocks of course. His sole weakness, is when taming hi-level creatures, and he switches from the magery enhancing jewels to the taming enhancing jewels. In this case, I use the newly introduced invisibility potions.

W

Wade1066

Hail!

Spartiate,

I really appreciate your template and the detailed explanations. As a recent returnee, I find things to be very different. Also, there seems to be an increased learning curve -- though more places to see!

Why no discord?

I'm planning on using my advanced character token for either a bard or a tamer, with the intention of developing a tamer-bard. Which would you choose? Which will be less tedious and faster to develop?

Thanks!

Panzer, ATL

C

CrazyHarry

This is the template El Gringo is working towards:
120 musicianship
120 provocation
120 peacemaking
120 discordance
120 magery
120 resisting spells
Human for 3 mana regen, and residual skills at 20.
Stat points all invested in intelligence and strength, with 20 dex.
PVM template.

Pick up some extra mana regen on your suit. There are many options including, but not limited to the following: bright sight lenses, rune beetle carapace, boom stick (all of which grant 3 mana regen), or high quality armor pieces which may contribute up to 2 mana regen per piece. The most important resists for pvm are energy and fire. Keep these two topped off and you should be alright (especially if you are working lrc in to your suit as well and have to sacrifice some resists).

Keep your fast casting topped off at 2, and do not run protection so that your resisting spells skill is useful. Potions will save your hide if you are running from multiple spellcasters. Enhance potions is another nice feature to pick up on your jewelry set.

If you find that you are getting hit (you shouldnt too often), throw on a mage weapon for some melee defense.

My mage/bard template has gone through quite a few revisions over the last 2 1/2 years. These are the skills that I have found most effective. If you are training in the wild, resisting spells will really save your hide when you fail a bard skill and need to cut and run. It starts to be effective at around 80 points.

Best of all, if you feel like it, you can go naked barding with your natural resists from the resisting spells skill! How's that for fun?

Edit: changed instances of "magic resistance" to "resisting spells"

A

akatek

Caramon from Lake Superior is still a work in progress, but finished skills will be:
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
110 Magery
100 Eval Int
80 Meditation
115 Music
115 Provocation

F

f0cus[SiN]

i have DOOM tamer..

Taming 110 100.1 real (+ 10 ring)
Lore 110 real
Vet 110 real
Music 120 110 real(+10 ring)
Disco 120 real
Magery 80 real
Hide 50 real

Magery use creat foods, invis (if hide fizle), fire fild... and more secondory spell. Very easy 1vs1.

stats:

Luck 981
lrc 71%
mr 2
lmc 6%

ring:
taming 10
music 10
NS
lrc 17%
lmc 3%

brace:
fcr 3
fc 1
lrc 7%
HCI 5

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmm, been here for years and never posted my templates?
how unlike me!!!

Poo <SONOMA> (Pure Bard) (or god of bards, i answer to both)
120 music
120 peace
120 discordance
120 provo
110 magic
110 EI
(100% LRC suit with 40 LMC and +10 mana regen)

Remo <SONOMA>(yes a tamer, ahhhh!)
120 tame
120 animal lore
120 vet
120 music
120 peace
120 disco
(100% LRC suit with +10 mana regen)

Big Bad Wolf <ATLANTIC> (Disco Archer)
100 archery
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anatomy
110 music (110 real - 120 with suit)
100 discord (100 real - 120 with suit)
70 chiv
40 focus
(suit gives +10 music and +20 discordance with 41 DI and 15 HCI)

Poo <ATLANTIC> (disoc tamer)
100 magic
115 music (115 real - 120 with suit)
100 peace
100 disco (100 real - 118 with suit)
95 taming (95 real - 115 with suit)
110 animal lore
100 vet
(suit gives 100 LRC, +22 tame, + 18 disco, +5 music, 9 mana regen)

Peace Tamers <siege, sonoma, atlantic, and a few others)
regular peace tamer template.
100 tame
110 animal lore
100 vet
110 music
110 peace
100 magic
90 med

hmmm, a person might think i like the barding skills..... naaaaa!

L

Laoric

what dou think is the best template for a a warrior with music.
peace or discord?

R

Rothfire7

Discord I'd say. I just got it on my archer, and WOW! I have two hit killed a WW with my archer and his Horselord. And that is with only gm anat and tact. Peace can help take less dmg, but honestly, 3 hit killing a shadow wyrm can also help take less dmg, lol.
Also, on the higher end mobs, peace will wear off quicker, but on disco, it stays til u invis for more than 14 secs, or go off screen out of sight.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yup, i agree there, infact ive stoned my 120 peace off my tamer and just run with the disco now.
no need to even peace cause the animals all die to fast when disco'd.

P

PFunk

Tamer / Bard:

This guy is far from finished and this template is still up for debate, but he's gonna have Disco AND Peace. Current goal is:
*Editted cuz I finally settled in on a template*
100 taming (with jewelry and talisman it will go to 120)
100 lore (with jewelry and talisman it will go to 115-ish)
100 vet
120 music
120 discord or peace (haven't decided which one I love the most yet)
110 peace or discord - respectively
70 magery (with tome of enlightenment for 85 effective. Enough to rez and will carry invis pots in case of panic)

I

imported_Lord_Trent

Doom Bard Rat.

120 Mage
120 Eval
120 Resist /can be sub'd for Med
120 Music
120 Discord
120 Provo

Tactics - Discord Dark Father, Provo Rotting Corpses on him and cast Earths and send them at him.

Champ Spawn Bard.
120 Peace
120 Music
120 Provo
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet

With no Magery plan on walking alot... lol Tame a big monster and keep him close as you bard creatures onto him or have him attack things, and then peacemake. You can successfully area peace and just start knocking creatures over.

R

Rabin

My new 'pure' Bard:

Music
Provo
Disco
Peace
MR
Necro
SS

He has along way to go before those are GM skills. I'll probably scroll him once he's high enough and use Jewellery and the Ossian to get an extra 50 points on top of my 715.

Tactics are the usual Bard dance-of-death with the addition of Raising the Dead to fight for me, cursing/strangling/spiking the opposition and eventually running round in VE for the faster mana regen (hence the lack of focus or med once the template is done) with a suit to fill any deficiencies I find.

It's working well so far, but my provo/disco are only in the 80s and I'm not planning on grinding them up, he's for adventuring and fun.

R

reknaw

this template is nowhere near ready yet... but hopfully will be a fun char to play when done

120 music
120 peace
120 prov
120 disco
120 med
110 mage

S

SirBlack

Bard / T-Hunter
Human - 245 Stat Cap / Int 103 / Dex 45 / Int 118
almost 3 year status, 710 Skill Cap.

(I Have 120 Peace stoned. Originally was a pure Bard)

Music...........120
Discord.........120
Provoke........120
Cartography..100
Lock Pick......100
Eval Intel.......65
Magery..........85 (+15 Tome, +10 Bauble = 110)

I use a 100% LRC suit with Mega Regen to make up for the lack of Meditation.
Crappy Resists because of this, but i can Solo a Level 6 Map Most of the time.
Except when 110 Magery fails Vortex 8 times in a row, and 120 Bard skills still Fail on Antient Whyrms etc... Teleport on me, and Whamp! Dead.
(I'm getting good at running like a sissy girl though)

Usually i cast 2 Vortexes, Dig the Treasure up while casting Invis.
Invis as chest fully appears.
4 Monsters spawn (sometimes 4 AW's)
Try to provoke the 2 that are not busy on eachother.
Run Invis...
Provoke other 2.
Keep vortexes coming when dispeled.
Manipulate them with Discord as needed
If 2 of the 4 die provoke last 2 on eachother etc...
(Sometimes when you Provoke, Vortexes ignore their targets? maybe a bug)
Loot, take 50 tries with GM Pick to unlock chest, Finally get the sarcastic message "The Lock <font color="red">QUICKLY</font> yields to your Skill"
Telekanisis the chest to set off trap
Cast 2 more Vortexes (this can take a while, set a macro)
Take the artie, put bag on ground to fill with unwanted loot.
Slowly pull items till something spawns, kill it, loot, repeat.
Is alot of junk in there, but sometimes you get lucky with a good item or piece of jewelry.

E

Edward Von Muir

I started playing 7 years ago, and took 2 years off. I just recently came back and decided to build a bard character. So here's my build to date.

120 Musicianship
120 Peacemaking
120 Discordance
120 Provocation
120 Archery
100 Chivalry

My tactics are simple. 1 creature gets peaced and attacked, 2 or more creatures get provoked while the more powerful one gets Discorded or both get fire horned. I can solo Destard easily with this character, and I'm looking to start my Doom runs. Basically for that I'll stand behind the fighters and provoke everything on the DF then Discord him to do more damage.

S

Semidar

EDIT: I have changed my bard in this time, enjoying the path of tamers...
I used it NOT for Doom, NOT for big monsters, NOT for champ. Simply use it with a luck suit where u can get a lot of gold and items. Massive Camping

Race: Elf

Str 125
Dex 10
Int 90 (115 with sos)

Music 120
Provocation 120
Necro 80
Spirit speak 110
Animal taming 100
Animal lore 100
Vet 90 (105 if u use a +10ss/+5necro talismans)

Tactics:
BEFORE RUNNING FOR PvM: Put a +20 necro suit (+10 ring and +10 jewel or midnigt bracers - prefer midnight because they are only one insure use) and cast Vampiric Embrace (poison 4th level and lesser immunity).

DRESS A FULL LUCK SUIT.

ON BATTLEFIELD: All guard, provoke (x2 o x3 if there are more mobs), all come, heal the little damage of your pets, provoke again or all kill (depends on how many mob there are), all guard, animate dead, animate dead, loot, repeat from point 1.

T

t3h_b0t

120 music
120 peace
120 provo
120 discord
110 magic
110 EI

But I don't know should I be human or elf..?
What's ur suggestion

N

Nick(TSG)

My Doom Archer...

Fairly simple build I guess... nothing really too complex just wanted the ability to hold my own against a DF so I went with this.

110 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Chivalry
115 Music (120 soon)
120 Provocation
120 Discordance
55 Focus (leftover points will go somewhere else)

100 STR
100 DEX
45 INT

Like I said... pretty simple... but with a double slayer (Ele/Demon) bow on the DF... That is INSANE power in one template... while it won't handle the other bosses nearly as easily it does pretty well in or out of the gauntlet.

L

LIL DON

My bard does well at spawns and In doom.

My template is strictly pvm...
720 cap

120 Music
120 Discord
120 Provoke
100 Eval int
100 Magery (115 with conjurers or ToLK)
100 meditation
60 spellweaving.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I use
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
115 magery
then i change between
100 lp
100 carto
35 med

or 115 eval
30 hide (for camping)
and whatever med I get before I start t-hunting again

I also have 120 peace on a soulstone that I am scrolled for on this char. Good for spawns. (I drop med and hide)

I wear sorcerer's armour and use etoile/novo ring set, void totem, energy earrings and carry a 3mr 26sdi 8mana spellbook with a chanelling no fc-1 15 reflect shield and staff of magi (I swap depending how close to spawn I get)

I get 70/70/70/70/75 resist 100lrc 40lmc 26sdi 17mr with max fc/fcr. I have 172 mana.

I do the typical bard dance of death in destard until I have a screen of gd's and dragons fighting each other then ebolt away. Or I open my miasma chests and do lvl6 maps.

I also have the standard
120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
120 discord
100 magery
20 hide

on my old account but thats for another forum.

D

Druida

MY PVP WARRIOR
PARRY 110
FENCE 115
TATICS 100
HEAL 100
ANAT 100
RESIST SP. 100
CHIVALRY 75

MY TATICS IS TO INFEST THE NOOB WITH POISON OF MY DAGGER AND STAY HEALING AND OBSU VULNILING MYSELF AND USING CONSECRATE WEAPON AND DIVINUM FURIS THE MOST OF THEM FALL WITH THE POSION SCREAMING

F

Fink

My template relies on a few jewels and such..

Magery 90 / 105
Music 104 / 120
Peace 116 / 120
Discord 105 / 120
Provoke 105 / 120
Lockpicking 100
Carto/Med 100

As for tactics I don't do much out of the ordinary although I recently tried swapping carto out for med, with pleasing results. With the mana there I can certainly extend my reach with more EV decoys and timely invises.

P

Playhardgopro

MY PVP WARRIOR
PARRY 110
FENCE 115
TATICS 100
HEAL 100
ANAT 100
RESIST SP. 100
CHIVALRY 75

MY TATICS IS TO INFEST THE NOOB WITH POISON OF MY DAGGER AND STAY HEALING AND OBSU VULNILING MYSELF AND USING CONSECRATE WEAPON AND DIVINUM FURIS THE MOST OF THEM FALL WITH THE POSION SCREAMING

lols