• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post patch 86.0.1 "Luck" suits for level 6/7 T-Maps ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, considering that after patch 86.0.1 will be published luck will factor in when digging up a treasure chest (not sure about fishing...), any suggestions for fully maxed out "luck suits" good for Treasure Map hunting soloing of level 6 and 7 T-Maps ?

A possible problem in building an effective, maxed out "Luck suit" that also would be usefull to solo level 6 and 7 treasure Maps, could be that in order to pick up max luck on the suit, other mods would need to be sacrificed to the altar of Luck....

But then, how could such a suit be good to also allow the soloing ot level 6 and 7 treasure Maps ?

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO, all suit and template design is on hold until we see what the new loot tables that actually make it to full publish are like. There has been a major upgrade to the loot dropped on Test. I am quite sure it will prompt many people to redo their suits...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But then, how could such a suit be good to also allow the soloing ot level 6 and 7 treasure Maps ?
Just carry the luck suit in your backpack. When the monster is about to die hit that equip macro and switch from a "combat" suit to a luck suit and bingo.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the question would be, when luck gets applied to t-chests:
- on digging up
- on opening
That would give the right time to swap a luck suit onto. And it still is the question, if it is worth to use a luck suit at all. (Depends on, if luck influences the appearing of special loot as well.)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just carry the luck suit in your backpack. When the monster is about to die hit that equip macro and switch from a "combat" suit to a luck suit and bingo.
Besides the fact that I consider this a "work around" and somehow cheating the system, whenever I have tried it in mid fight I ended up dieing because the process to unequip the fighting suit and to equip the luck suit leaves the corpse undefended to the monsters' hits.

Sure, one can hide and do the unequip/equip macro while hidden or run away from the monster, run the unequi/equip macro and then come back to finish up the fight but again, I see it as a work around and would much more prefer to have a maxed out luck suit that can ALSO be used for the fighting.....

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Luck will count when digging the chest. So after you dig it out, you can swap the luck suit out, unless you want the luck bonus on killing the monsters too.

Or you can go with a 1200~1500 luck suit that allows you to still have a functional suit and don't bother switching them out rather than going around with a 2000+ luck suit that sacrifices a lot of mods.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting thread.....luck has never affected chest loot before....just the guardians...I will be interest to see if this really changes or is just idle speculation.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, somebody get Az's attention, I'll sneak up behind him and smack him, steal his luck suit and disappear into the vapors.

Hey Timber, there were a few posts somewhere, can't tell ya where now, that a few folks went onto TC and the new loot tables do apply to the chest loot. I've saved up 180 SOSs, and have started farming Miasma for the tmaps, so I hope the new loot tables do take affect, lol.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya same thing I am hearing around the horn......luck will probably be effecting chests and shame type loot will be in the chests as well. Don't know about the guardians yet.....but I would guess yes ,

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive already crafted a 2210 fully viable bushido paladin luck suit for the new patch. Resists are 75 75 74 74 75 so far. Tested it on greater dragons balrons and aw and it works quite well. Did some lv6 maps on test center too.

I could go higher by using a shield and 1h weapon (2400) then but bad while having bushido and parrying. Would be ok if id just swap armor while digging up the chest and then reequipping the combat suit.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does your 2210 include swords of prosperity?? 200 luck 2 handed so no impact to parry