• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post election Thoughts

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This post is entirely out of character. These are my own words and not the words of "smoot" the game character.

I ask that replies to this post are kept to a minimum, this is not meant to be a discussion thread.

I created a separate thread purposely to avoid any relation to what others have said in other threads.

I posted this publicly, because many people on Catskills do not know me well and it would provide insight into my character as a player.
I feel that in any tense situation with multiple parties involved it is best to state things publicly to promote the clearest understandings for all.

I knew my running for governor of britain would stir some things up. I had no idea of the extent and really still cannot fathom it.
Id heard "crazy" cats stories, but in game and irl tend to avoid people who are focused or interested in such goings on. I just play my game.

Yes - i probably never would have run for governor if there were trade deals active, and i felt pandoras response to my inquiries a bit dismissive and condescending to those concerned with stats, gameplay, and making "the best" characters given the tools provided by the devs.
Yes - When i thought about running for governor, i thought i might as well run for Britain. Because its where Blackthorns castle is, and has a moat and big castles.
Yes - I saw potential in the Children of Darkness being a fun, worthy RP enemy for Smoot the character

Bianca and Pandora, i do not know you personally. You seem very smart, and dedicated to the people and the game you enjoy. I respect your gameplay, just as I respect anyone elses.

I really just wanted to run in the election. Thought it would be fun. I did hope i would win and knew i would enjoy being governor. When i mentioned to Flutter i was thinking of running for governor she was behind me. As well as a long list of people i know from all aspects of the game.

So i tried to have Smoot be distinctive, having his own agenda considering how a different governor would effect RP and who i was running against ( i believed this to be a slight adjustment, the CoD would go on and have fun with the game.)

After the election, the very day after, i got icqs from people saying Bianca resigned, Pandora was quitting. Hearing about threads getting locked.
I was like "ok, well ill wait and see if things calm down"
Then theres the "Big Meeting" More uproar. More posts and threads and people saying all kinds of things. More chaos.

What I'm getting at, is that at that point i did not, and still do feel comfortable PMing either of you about CoDs place after the election. "Reaching out" so to speak. I feel like anything i could possibly say could be taken as a slap in the face.

Take some time to cool down. I know people go about these things differently. I myself, when i have an arguement with someone. I just dont talk to them for a month. I wait for both of us to be able to look into a past situation from the outside. Thats just how i am, its what works for me. I know others work things out differently than me.

I know this whole thing is alot more involved than the election results, its about people and private history i have no knowledge of, but also realize the election brought some of those attitudes to the forefront.

If you decide to quit the game thats your decision. Sometimes a small thing can be the deciding factor in a decision that had a long time coming. So i understand that.

If you do not quit, or if you take a break and i happen to be governor when you return. Know that Im very approachable and reasonable. I want to include CoD in the goings on of Britain if they so choose.

Pandora and Bianca, please feel free to icq me (442212126) PM me, or even facebook me or whatever if you would like to work with the Governor Smoot to find CoDs place in Britain under a new governor. I only ask you wait until things cool down.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the truth is:
- you ran because you perceived to be denied the buffs you built your template to require for more effective PvP combat when all Pandy did was ask for help funding it,
- you mentioned to Flutter you were "thinking" about running prior to your post about actually running here in Catskills forum,
- you are man enough to admit it, brave & I give you my respect for it,
- now you want to do something with it, again I commend you for that, make us proud!

Some points to think about:
- Understand going forward that the actions of others, whether you have control over it or not, reflect on you directly when you involve yourself in politics, much like Gov. Christie from NJ being held responsible for his team shutting down the toll bridge for NY/NJ without his knowledge or consent. Ultimately you are responsible. Take ownership of that.

- Demand the people around you to act properly! Pandy demands that of me, and has asked me to quit posting here. We're all imperfect beings tho and her and I will fight it out later! I will not be squelched. The post you made about the sub council and about running was good, it was in character and that's fine. I apologize if I or my folks came out in force against you, but we knew it was due to that general chat discussion and our point of view was quite the same as yours but in reverse. The whole thing to us seemed targeted at Pandy the person and her opinions on how we should be funding a buff or who is using the buff or why, not the actions of her entire governorship which were very much dismissed. The people that you allowed to vote for you on election day that were going around creating taunting character names, dropping defamatory books, renaming tamed animals, etc. speak up against that just as publicly right at that moment. I would not have allowed anyone to do that to you, and we did not. Our folks were silent for the most part going to vote for Pandy, we said very little that day until the last hour when it all came to a head and Pandy just could not hold it in anymore.

With that being said, I do have respect for someone that instead of bashing us comes out and says, "I admit it, I did something for X Y Z reason." So thank you! Please remember it is up to us as players (or former players) to not accept the crap that others find to be sooooo "normal". It starts with just a few of us saying, "Nope that's unacceptable and I will not participate in that." I'd like to see Catskills NEVER ever go through another election like that. Catskills is supposed to be the shard where stuff like that isn't the norm. If we all want to see behavior like, go elsewhere. Be better people. That includes me and my guildies too!

Good luck Smoot!

~ Sue.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would like to mention, the person dropping books, naming animals etc revealed themselves to me via ICQ recently.
It is not who anyone would ever think. It was not someone brought from off-shard. It is a catskills native. He/she
has not agreed to cease but I don't think we will be seeing much from them anymore.

On another note please know the very next day there were rudely named animals named against Smoot and myself (which we both laughed about) so you are not the
only ones suffering childish "attacks". Someone, upon seeing these critters, immediately ICQ'd me and said that they could promise me that CoD were not involved.
I trust this person so I do believe it was just someone being an azzhat. It happens. Please remember people do things without our consent or our knowledge, and they do it often.

Pandora is a fantastic asset to the Catskills community. I assure you both Smoot and I believe this to be true, and we hope she does not quit and continues to be a part of
the stronghold that is the Catskills community.

Can we please get past our anger and hurt feelings too Bianca? I think in fact we may be able to get your governorship back as you were the rightful winner there.
I am sure it can be arranged.

Let's play nice and have fun? Please? Me too me too!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry guys, Bianca is not going to come back. At least not for a long while if ever. :sad2:

I am taking a break... for me its about the people I play with, so to not have some of my dearest oldest friends playing with me well saddens the whole thing. I know I have friends and folks here that love me, and I love you guys too.... but I just need a break. I will probably still write my stories. In character, Pandora and Marius will accompany Mary and Lestat on their music tours back on Earth and I'll probably write about all that on our website. We love to write about people and places sooooo look for that! :)

See you guys later.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to mention, the person dropping books, naming animals etc revealed themselves to me via ICQ recently.
It is not who anyone would ever think. It was not someone brought from off-shard. It is a catskills native. He/she
has not agreed to cease but I don't think we will be seeing much from them anymore.

On another note please know the very next day there were rudely named animals named against Smoot and myself (which we both laughed about) so you are not the
only ones suffering childish "attacks". Someone, upon seeing these critters, immediately ICQ'd me and said that they could promise me that CoD were not involved.
I trust this person so I do believe it was just someone being an azzhat. It happens. Please remember people do things without our consent or our knowledge, and they do it often.

Pandora is a fantastic asset to the Catskills community. I assure you both Smoot and I believe this to be true, and we hope she does not quit and continues to be a part of
the stronghold that is the Catskills community.

Can we please get past our anger and hurt feelings too Bianca? I think in fact we may be able to get your governorship back as you were the rightful winner there.
I am sure it can be arranged.

Let's play nice and have fun? Please? Me too me too!
It was probably some a** hole trying to elongate the drama.... :( Had I seen that, I would have paged a GM to have them removed.

And I just need a break guys... been beaten down too much lately and not just in this incident.

Please feel free to use our buildings, our bar which has folks from all over come to it, to host tavern night! We really only had that one tavern night on Thursdays for RP'ers to consistently (meaning relatively on the same night and time) interact with other players and styles. I know other folks have tavern nights elsewhere but we're not privy to that information with enough time to make adjustments in our schedules. The Bloody Brew was featured on here on Stratics (long ago, along with our Spirit Tower), UOGuide, and UOForums and in other places, so folks know about it. The original Bloody Brew Tavern was a log cabin in East Brit's version of Vamp's Lair next to our castle mall so there is a long standing tradition there. :) I really loved the tavern night at Skara Brae, despite the issues, and feel that should be something that continues (I hope!), so Flutter make that happen!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is nice to see folks putting aside all the pettiness of the past week. With some luck and a lot of work Cats will move past this all and perhaps become stronger than before. Time will tell, but this is a good step in the right direction.

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was probably some a** hole trying to elongate the drama.... :( Had I seen that, I would have paged a GM to have them removed.

And I just need a break guys... been beaten down too much lately and not just in this incident.

Please feel free to use our buildings, our bar which has folks from all over come to it, to host tavern night! We really only had that one tavern night on Thursdays for RP'ers to consistently (meaning relatively on the same night and time) interact with other players and styles. I know other folks have tavern nights elsewhere but we're not privy to that information with enough time to make adjustments in our schedules. The Bloody Brew was featured on here on Stratics (long ago, along with our Spirit Tower), UOGuide, and UOForums and in other places, so folks know about it. The original Bloody Brew Tavern was a log cabin in East Brit's version of Vamp's Lair next to our castle mall so there is a long standing tradition there. :) I really loved the tavern night at Skara Brae, despite the issues, and feel that should be something that continues (I hope!), so Flutter make that happen!
I am pleased to see you both resolve the terrible trouble in Brit, and of Cats. You both have much to offer this Shard and UO working together/ but I am just a lowly "Pirate Scum Bag", who am I to suggest anything? My support and assistance when called on. In your service, Blind Tom the Pirate, [UP]; Shenzin, [CVL] Baron of Britannia; Gallion [Ally]; Jhakar [K^S]

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shen you are one of many that I've gotten to know more and more in the last few months. I cannot express how much your support has meant to me. Thank you so much!

I have gotten to know so many of you that either don't RP or just slightly RP and I have tried my best to spark that interest with events and storylines that are easy for folks to try out and it's been so fun to do that. I will always continue to do that whenever I play UO.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hope you both reconsider. I might not always agree with COD's statements or missions, but you are certainly very passionate about UO and RP. I'm sorry for any past hassle I have given you guys. I do tend to poke a bit of fun towards vampires and RP in general, but anything I have said/done has been out of play and not malice.

You are a beautiful people Pandy and Sue. Don't let the crazieness get to you.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you both reconsider. I might not always agree with COD's statements or missions, but you are certainly very passionate about UO and RP. I'm sorry for any past hassle I have given you guys. I do tend to poke a bit of fun towards vampires and RP in general, but anything I have said/done has been out of play and not malice.

You are a beautiful people Pandy and Sue. Don't let the crazieness get to you.
I so agree with this.
It is far too often that someone from the community leaves for one reason of another, I would deeply grieved at the loss of you two ladies. My character may not have much use for Vampire past what he can manipulate them into doing, but I the person think that you would leave a hole that will be hard to fill. I do hope you both reconsider and keep playing the characters you so obviously love to play.