• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possibly moving from Europa...

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Chaps!

Been thinking long and hard about a shard move. Europa sadly is becoming more a ghost town when it comes to trading and I'm just not getting the thoughput.

What I was wondering was...

Whats the RP scene like on here?
Is there space for another small time trader here?
Whats the chances of a house just outside Luna, if so how much can I expect to spend to buy it?
Which guild is good for some PVM and some 'red' protection?

Thankies :)

SD

T

Tazar

Welcome! Atlantic is the most populated shard and has been for quite a while now. There's lots to do for all play-styles.

You might want to read through the "Welcome to Atlantic" sticky thread at the top of the Atlantic forum. There is a lot of great information there on the community in general.

Atlantic has a very active RP community (See Welcome to Atlantic thread for more info).

Sadly, one of the biggest malls outside of Luna is currently closing down because the owner is too busy with RP to maintain it. So yes, there is room for another merchant.

Housing on Atlantic is still fairly crowded and expensive. An 18x18 goes for 25+mil depending on the location. Even a small house inside the walls of Luna can go for 500+million (last I saw was well over 1billion). Outside the walls will be cheaper, but you'll have to spend a lot to persuade anyone to sell.

There are still several very active vendor malls outside of the Luna Area and with good advertising (rune drops, gating) can be quite successful.

There's so many good guilds around that I would hesitate to recommend any. Take a little time and make some friends to see where you fit in.

Safe Journeys and hope to meet you in game!

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys,

To save me making a new post a quick question.

Im from the UK (clues in the name) and stopped playing UO primarily because of the lack of players on Drachenfels. I've been considering coming back and moving to a busier shard and it seems the obvious choice is Atlantic. My only concern is the time difference - is there a UK player-base?

Cheers!

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've often visited Atlantic and sadly been scammed/duped more times than I can remember. Although I do like Atlantic because its busy. So much to think about on moving etc.

I'm from the UK too!! :)

T

Tazar

There is a decent population of players from the UK and Europe on Atlantic. I believe there is even a "UK" guild. :)