• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible Event Ideas....

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hail siege!! since the meet and greet the other day I was kickn around some ideas for possible events for siege, so here we go.....lol

a couple years ago, from what I understand, there was a siege Olympics. I am not sure what the events were, or how well it went, but maybe we could consider revisiting that idea. some ideas for events are an archery/dagger contest.(I was thinkn more like a shooting range where you have multiple moving targets moving in different directions, different size targets at different ranges with some kind of point system), a bag ball relay race

we could have a "battle on the bay event" basically a big ship battle with teams of x players on each ship(I was think 6 to 10) in a boundry restricted area set on an open water area.

a jousting tournament. no armor and just a non mod lance

king of the hill event. I heard there was an event similar to this on prodo shard some where. basically have a throne in the middle of a pvp arena, whoever can sit on the throne longest(not hiding) in a set amount of time wins! we could have mage, dexer, and free for all class.

night at the races event. a racetrack event like the Kentucky derby. plane jane horses, who are rode by player controlled jockeys. horse speed based on stats maybe?

a scavenger hunt, dungeon crawl, xshard thunter contest and back pack art contest. I know these were mentioned

team relay event. I mentioned this at the meeting. I was basically trying to get a team concept going. so not just 1 person can do the event. but one where you have to have multiple people who have a specific skill set. each member is to complete a specific task(according to there skill set) and when finished "tag in" the next member of there team to complete a specific task according to there skill set. I like the idea of maybe having people incorporate skills that don't really have a use, like camping and forensic eval.

crafting contest. where paticipants must complete making a certain number of random items to be named by the EM at the time of the event. make 8 long skirts, 30 lockpicks, 4 stone tables, ect. first to complete the list would win! sound easy? have you ever seen all the items in a crafting menu?

these are just some ideas. I know they are not perfect and may need some tweeking. I am just trying to brainstorm and open up the floor for some ideas. maybe the EMs(from all shards) can look at this list and say, "hey we can take that idea and make it work if we did.....".

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
oh I remember the olympics. Its was a huge deal and a lot of fun