• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible Cu Build?

Diamonas

Journeyman
Hey all not at home atm and have no access to UO, but I was wondering if the following build is possible.

AoE DoT build
Healing
Bleed
Poisoning
Venomous Bite
Aura of Energy

Your usual tank build otherwise. So it can withstand tanking multiple mobs.

Possible or not?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since cu has bleed, can only give it 2 other things, so poisoning and venomous bite would be it

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BTW, does anyone know the difference between Aura of Energy and the Explosive Goo? Both do AoE energy damage. There are 2 poison damage AoEs as well with no clear differences in descriptions.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, does anyone know the difference between Aura of Energy and the Explosive Goo? Both do AoE energy damage. There are 2 poison damage AoEs as well with no clear differences in descriptions.
Not sure on the energy AoEs. For the poison AoEs, I think one lethal poisons enemies, and the other just does poison damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if it is a misprint.

Explosive Goo
Trains the creature in the Explosive Goo area effect, causing a fiery spray on nearby victims causing energy damage

It is called explosive it is a fiery spray and it looks like a patch of fiery damage. I think it should say fire damage because there are no Fire damage Auras.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Poison Breath
Trains the creature in the Poison Breath area effect, causing lethal poison to nearby targets.

This says it poisons the target. (makes their bar green)

Essence of Disease
Trains the creature in the Essence of Disease area effect, causing poison damage to nearby targets.

This does Poison damage ( like a 100% poison sword) No green on bar.

My guesses.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if it is a misprint.

Explosive Goo
Trains the creature in the Explosive Goo area effect, causing a fiery spray on nearby victims causing energy damage

It is called explosive it is a fiery spray and it looks like a patch of fiery damage. I think it should say fire damage because there are no Fire damage Auras.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Poison Breath
Trains the creature in the Poison Breath area effect, causing lethal poison to nearby targets.

This says it poisons the target. (makes their bar green)

Essence of Disease
Trains the creature in the Essence of Disease area effect, causing poison damage to nearby targets.

This does Poison damage ( like a 100% poison sword) No green on bar.

My guesses.
I was wondering about there not being any fire area options myself. *Thinks about a fire area dealing pet on an undead spawn* :)

Turbo

Adventurer
Aura of energy seems to like a constant damage tick that does lower damage than explosive goo which has to be cast so isnt as regular in dealing damage

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aura of energy seems to like a constant damage tick that does lower damage than explosive goo which has to be cast so isnt as regular in dealing damage
I still think Goo is fire damage. Why does a Fiery Spray do energy damage?

fier·y
[ˈfī(ə)rē
ADJECTIVE
fierier
(comparative adjective) · fieriest (superlative adjective)
  1. consisting of fire or burning strongly and brightly:

Is there a 100% energy or fire resistant animal someone could test it on?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vortex in Shame 5 has 100 energy resistance, not sure if that amounts to immunity though.
I don't fight those. I was hoping for a fire lizard or something easy to separate and test. Those mages are mean. But, a more adventurous person could test it.

Thanks

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If you're adding Aura of Energy or Explosive Goo, be sure to add Mana Regen & hit point regen, causes it drains mana fast
and pulls massive amounts of creatures to your pet

The cu can take a beating without very much healing from you at a champ spawn

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since cu has bleed, can only give it 2 other things, so poisoning and venomous bite would be it
I've been thinking of adding poison and one of the poison specials to my CU. Any idea the differences between Venomous Bite and Poison Breath? They kinda sound the same thing to me.

Venomous Bite
Trains the creature in the Venomous Bite special ability, causing the creature to poison all nearby targets.

Poison Breath

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i only tested venomous bite. i get the feeling poison breath is an area effect like explosive goo where it only does it when its getting hit, where venmous bite is done when the Cu hits. it does have a small area effect to that poisons short range