possible bug with prospectors tool

• Thread starter imported_Kallie Pigeon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

I haven't been mining in a while and was mining the last couple nights trying to get gold elementals to spawn so I could get some gold (never got any). But when I dug up a copper vein then tried to use the prospectors tool to get bronze then use the garg pickaxe to get gold elementals only the prospectors tool didn't change the copper into bronze. This happened twice each night. Is it just me or do any of you see this? Also I got some blackrock and no elemental. Is that because of using the gargoyles pickaxe?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
I'm getting an issue but it's not quite that (though it would LOOK like your problem if you miss the system message).

Pay attention next mining trip to those spots to see if I'm right.

Several of us on Lake Austin are nuts - we go out mining in Ilshenar expressly looking to get paragon ore elementals. However, the last few days, on our usual routes, the damnedest thing is happening - we're the only ones that mine there, but when we get to a number of spots (and they are increasing, each trip), wh get the message that the ore has already been prospected. We've even sat and watched a spot respawn its ore, and it is still "already prospected". Other spots appear to be respawning at a glacial rate - we come back an hour later, and they have a large and a couple small, when they had 20-30 large before, and no one has hit them. They too sometimes give an "already prospected" message.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

I get the message that I looked and found copper ore which is unchanged from the original ore. The first night my last item, last target macro was messed up so I had to redo it and thought it had something to do with that. The second night I got some blackrock ore one of the times so maybe it had something to do with that. I guess I need to go check it again.