• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possibilities in the latest Dev Interview

Mykiel

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hello Community,

I wanted to take the time to see what your thoughts on the recent interview and the information that it contains.

What are your thoughts on the Endless Free Trial and (not guaranteed) possible increase of Career Rank one could achieve?

What are your thoughts on the (not guaranteed) possible implementation of the XP off switch implemented in game?

Do you have ideas on how these can be accomplished in order to make the game enjoyable for both Subscribers and EFT Players?

We want to know!

B

Braynz

Endless Free Trial extension - If it's extended into T2 then Mythic will effectively devalue the game for subscribers. In which case they would need to either reduce the subs or put some new features in T3/4.
I play on Norn and Azgal and if it wasn't for the EFT players T1 would be empty - allowing them to go to T2 would either further dilute the T1 action or encourage more players to signup - not sure which way it would go; I think the former.
I would rather see the whole of T1 being opened to EFT but only unlocking one RvR region at a time - concentrate the fighting and provide more variety.
This could be applied to all tiers - only having renown available in one area at a time would stop the easymode leechers and force everyone together.

XPOff - It would certainly please the XPphobes.
On the plus side it would get players into scenarios and encourage more PvE but you may also have to lose the rested XP feature or would that be part of the XP off?
I feel it was a big mistake removing the RR cap altogether instead of making it a cap of XP+10. Maybe have the XPOff switch off at XP+10 - have some sort of limit or maybe an increasing scale of limiting.
Would XPOff be available for EFT players?

A few hours later - how about no XP if RVR flagged? or same RR as XP? instead of XPOff

Another thing that should be addressed are the armour/weapon drops and influence rewards - they are way out of line with the change in tier/level ranks.