• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] POLL: Where do you want Rares Fest Held

Where Do you want Rares Fest ?

• Great Lakes

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Pacific

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ did you vote ^ This prolly the easiest way to figure out what every one wants. :)

If on Great Lakes my self and of the ring are going to host it we have events lined up as well as the Shard's (and more than likely UO's) longest running auction house (MOA) to host an auction. In the process of arranging a pet Auction by the Chicken Fight club another fantastic event guild. MOA will also brokering Service to anyone who needs it.

Tenative location NW corner of luna 2 houses the one on left by Of The Ring the one on the right by my self Xuri (philipino phil at last rares fest)

Attachments

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A silent poll is meaningless because the location of the festival is meant to be decided by the rares community, and not by which shard can get the most people to vote for it.

Anyways, I think you had volunteered to hold the next rare festival already during the last festival. So, there is no reason why it should not be on Great Lakes this time around. I don't think we need a poll for it.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why is there no option for chesapeake, if not chessy id rather it be on atlantic over and over and if there is another rares fest someone needs to make a deal with a broker to purchase around 100 xfer tokens at a low fee

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why is there no option for chesapeake, if not chessy id rather it be on atlantic over and over and if there is another rares fest someone needs to make a deal with a broker to purchase around 100 xfer tokens at a low fee
Ya or you could just bring a xfer token with you lol. Im sure a lot of people don't have a billion + gold kicking around to buy a 100 xfer tokens. And as far as where it should be I will go anywhere. I was just offering my services to host one on Pac, as this shard I believe is in dire need of bringing the rares community together a little. But if not the next one I will definitely host one in the future.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya or you could just bring a xfer token with you lol. Im sure a lot of people don't have a billion + gold kicking around to buy a 100 xfer tokens. And as far as where it should be I will go anywhere. I was just offering my services to host one on Pac, as this shard I believe is in dire need of bringing the rares community together a little. But if not the next one I will definitely host one in the future.
obviously one person wouldn't be buying the 100 tokens, a person would find a broker willing to sell a large amount of xfer tokens for a lower price, then everyone wanting the xfer tokens would give this one person the gold and then the person would buy all the tokens, 40 mil is a lot for a round trip

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or Legends.... I have a sizable luna home we could use on legends..

M

mutau

Are the rares at a house already set up? Why not keep it there, like Hemi's house on Europa, from years back. My friends and I made chars there just to visit his house.

We could make chars to go to the current rares house. How hard is that?

L

lols

Rares Fest is where you transfer over to buy and sell rares, not just to look at them (although there is plenty of ogling), so they change the location each time so that it's more fair (that way you aren't spending 40mil each time on transfer tokens)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the rares at a house already set up? Why not keep it there, like Hemi's house on Europa, from years back. My friends and I made chars there just to visit his house.

We could make chars to go to the current rares house. How hard is that?
Basically Rares Fest is a weekend long event held by the rares community. A shard is chosen and all the rares collectors from all shards transfer over any rares they want to sell, trade or just show off. A house is set up for each rares collector to place a vendor at to sell their rares for the duration of the festival. Runes and dropped and gates made to the location throughout the weekend. However, in addition to selling/buying rares, usually several events are held as well as a good deal of talk about various rares related topics between collectors and its a good way for beginning collectors to ask questions. So its like a festival. Hope that helps ya, Mutau!

C

Cruxshadow

Seige! Bring us your goods! lol. Put em in your backpack and wait at the bank!

M

mutau

Absolutely Did. Thanks for the Clarification!

Please post where when it will be. And i'll make a char if its not on my home shard to ogle at the rares.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I have liked about the last 2 rares fests is that is has been away from Luna. Luna is just to overwhelming and I personally like the peacefulness of some of the more secluded places. Just my 2 cents

F

Fraggles

i think luna is better for those trying to sell there items. ever consider holding one on LS?

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Id love to see one on Chessy too!!!

J

Jasonleebeck

I'd put my house up for use on GL if there'd be interest. It's an 18x18 just outside the walls of Luna to the NE of the walls right between the mountains and forest. There's an inverted torch design on the roof viewable on the uo radar.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok ok guys, we can do it like this:

Next one is pretty much determined on GL
one after that can be either on Pac or Cheesy

M

Mad Mike

i think its time we bring a nice thing like that to the ever quite legends i have a hiouse in walls with 50 vendor spots i would be more then happy to let this event use and i have a smaller one with 28 vendors bring it to legends it is a great middle ground for everyone :rant2: :thumbup1:

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is it going to be? I may have to log in if it is on GL!
Teufel! Wow, you're alive! :D Long time, no read! I guess it takes a Great Lakes rares festival to draw you out these days, huh? Already we're seeing benefits from this event!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The next Rare Collector's Festival will be held on Great Lakes. The primary host of the event will be Stratics user Irux. Great Lakes is a major shard and Irux seems to have done his homework regarding what makes a successful event; collaboration and planning.

Just to make it clear, we do not make use of public polls for deciding where the festival is to take place. This decision is generally simply based on the first competent member of the community stepping forward. Irux had already volunteered to host the festival during the registration process of the previous. If required, we might revisit the selection process after this festival.

Please contact Irux regarding dates and other details. If no details are forthcoming by 31st of January '10, the hosting rights will expire.