• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Poll] What's Your Game Status?

A

Aster

Welcome back to EAL/TSO Stratics.
Here's a little poll to start your Monday off right:

S

Shari

I already didn't log in that much... if they made it sandbox or something I would play a ton... but yeah. my sim has no money. all of my friends left the game long ago and the general spirit of the game now is so sad.

M

Madra

I can't bring myself to log in anymore. I was really hoping they would raise the payouts on money objects and turn skill decay off so we could still hang out and make money, but also be able to make enough money to build to our little simmie hearts content. The way things have been left... there's no point for me. It's just depressing. I've moved on already but will keep the game on my computer so I can login at the end... I'm nostalgic like that :p

P

Polly

I'm playing some - mostly to try and complete the job tracks.

Its very sad to see the lack of red dots on line when I log in :(

Polly

Q

queenme

playing? how can anyone actually even play right now?

is no one here aware that the game has been virtually unplayable for the past 5-7 days?

you land on a property and you get booted to city view, CONSTANTLY, it is pretty much beyond frustrating and pointless to even try to play and clearly eagames as usual doesnt give a flyin fig....they tell us we can play till august 1st then they make the game unplayable...there are rarely more than 50-100 maximum sims online in the game at any one time, why bother to try to play when you cant even stay online at your own property?

H

herk1287

They should just pull the plug early, would anyone even notice

B

BigOz

I'm playing some - mostly to try and complete the job tracks.

Its very sad to see the lack of red dots on line when I log in :(

Polly
Tell me about it, It reminds me of All cities except for Alphaville and Blazing Falls, they are just dead dots...

G

Gracie Nito

Definitely !

Still hoping to get a bunch of people to sign in for a few last parties ...

Polly
Not sure the servers could even handle us all logging in for a party at this point. LOL.

M

Monkeybear

Not that much the people I play with have already packed up and went to SL :p I said Id be joining them in 3 months when TSO is closed

D

debslee

In my state of depression I went out and bought Sims2 - Nightlife EP...so been playing that a bit...making my sims do "whooooo" and decorating lots. Too depressed to log in at the moment.
I think we need some parties!!!!!! *looks for Niki* :D

M

MattC

I've been logging in periodically to see if any friends are on, but otherwise I've stopped playing and have moved on to EQII.

S

Spacey

I thought I would log on more, but honestly haven't logged in since we got the bad news. I've been so turned off by the whole experience. Plus, I am trying to move on and find another virtual home for myself.

I've been messing around with Kaneva (name: SpaceyOne) and also was accepted to Twinity (Name: Amanda) as a beta tester. Twinity even sent me an email (maybe it was to all former EAL/TSO players) that was really nice, saying they were saddened by the closing of our game but hope we find their game a great alternative. I was impressed. It is very slow and not too many people online, but it has potential. I am also gonna try out WoW.

I hope we all find a home somewhere out there... and I hope some of us will continue to play together.

- Luvs, Spacey :D

S

sedusa

I log in from time to time, but find few if anyone on that I know so I usually log back off.

B

brownie

playing? how can anyone actually even play right now?

is no one here aware that the game has been virtually unplayable for the past 5-7 days?

you land on a property and you get booted to city view, CONSTANTLY, it is pretty much beyond frustrating and pointless to even try to play and clearly eagames as usual doesnt give a flyin fig....they tell us we can play till august 1st then they make the game unplayable...there are rarely more than 50-100 maximum sims online in the game at any one time, why bother to try to play when you cant even stay online at your own property?
AGREED!!!!

I get on and cant find an open jam house, painting house or the skill I need. Skilling at home is fine with my 5 accounts and the raised speed, but the required number of sims is so high for max payouts, its not even worth my time.

P

Palin

I haven't logged on since they gave the 90 days notice. I rarely logged in even before that since all the fun had disappeared. I have moved on to a new game and have also been getting into Sims2 again. I'm with Mavric, "I've moved on, long live the king" or whatever that said.

Formerly known as Karma Sutra

K

Katheryne

I've been messing around with Kaneva (name: SpaceyOne) and also was accepted to Twinity (Name: Amanda) as a beta tester. Twinity even sent me an email (maybe it was to all former EAL/TSO players) that was really nice, saying they were saddened by the closing of our game but hope we find their game a great alternative. I was impressed. It is very slow and not too many people online, but it has potential. I am also gonna try out WoW.
Lucky you! I haven't heard from Twinity yet.

C

culbert123

I heard back from Twinity, and I tried it for about 5 minutes the other day, but I didn't really care for it. Maybe I'll go back and try again one of these days.

I also got in on the Vivaty beta, but I think that's more of a facebook thingy rather than a game from what I see.

M

MandiK

I pretty much log in & back out when I do log in. Just havent really been into it for awhile, guess Im not getting it back and it wouldnt do me any good if I did...lol

R

Renee TSO

Yeah ive been having the same troubles. I cant log in for more then 2 to 3 mins. Id love it if there were some partys because i think we should party till they pull the plug. Plus my long term goal has always been to finnish my job tracks. Now i just wished i worked more on them in the past lol

Does anyone know if they are working on the log in issues?

C

Crackpot

So what happened to everyone who swore they'd stay til the end?..I am and will

P

princess45001

im here everyday theyll have to drag me out but sad so many are gone and is hard to find houses open now:(

S

stormi dayz

I want to play but i cant because 2 of my accounts have been closed and the other 3 I cant do more than float in space without getting disconnected. I had fully intended to be drug kicking and screaming from the game but i think that EA made my decision for me.

HEY EA, AT LEAST GIVE MONKEYBEAR HIS DAMNED CREAM BEAR SUIT FOR GUYS BEFORE U PULL THE PLUG LET HIS PIXELS DIE WITH SOME DIGNITY.

J

Joel Robert

I will keep playing until the end.
All things must end. There's nothing sad about that, so long as when you finish one thing you start something else.

I haven't been able to sign on much for the past couple of weeks due to a RL project deadline. Once I finish that this weekend, I'll be back at least a few times a week.

If there's no one else playing...that just means I can skip naked down the street yelling at the top of my lungs without disturbing the neighbors. Woo Hoo! :-D

I make my own game. It's up to me to enjoy myself. If anyone else wants to come along for the ride, you're welcome so long as you don't mess up my pink taffetta with a bunch of tears.

After August first I will be quitting online games in favor of playing more in RL. Try it sometime :-D

Joel Robert
aka Bubbles Brandenberg, Proffesor J, & Prissy Queen
(former Stratics handle: mameloot)

W

Wyld Cherry

Not playing anymore, I am now playing Second Life, you can find me there as Vaniella Fayray.

When I heard that EALAND aka TSO was closing, I was like lied to, made to believe this game could actually bring back to life OH HOW WRONG I WAS.

I was lied to, cheated SCAMMED from a company that will be seeing alot of sue papers.

Oh well, its NOT like they screwed up B4 in the past lol

oh well, I am finally through with this company, my money is going to Linden Labs, a game that can keep their customers happy and if you have a question, someone that KNOWS actual english can help you !

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my state of depression I went out and bought Sims2 - Nightlife EP...so been playing that a bit...making my sims do "whooooo" and decorating lots. Too depressed to log in at the moment.
I think we need some parties!!!!!! *looks for Niki* :D

I'll be here!! Lets Party!

:D

C

Cressy

Since the announcement was made I can't see any point in trying to advance characters that are going nowhere. I've logged in once, saw how few people were online and logged straight back out again. Will probably play for a couple of hours on the last day just so I can say I saw the game out. Am now playing Lord of the Rings Online - long live the king!