• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll in regards to LMC bug thread

Would you report your bugged character if it had 40% lmc

• Yes

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 66.7%

• Total voters

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious, if you had a bugged character with 40% LMC would you report it?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poll,

If you would not report it, would you tell people in UOStratics that you would not report it....
Yes
NO

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poll,

If you would not report it, would you tell people in UOStratics that you would not report it....
Yes
NO
I haven't reported mine. I also don't use it as an advantage. Just kinda think it's neat :)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone that says yes is lying, IMO.
I disagree. I remember when I first noticed my character was bugged and I posted about it on stratics. Petra gave enough of an argument to were I almost did delete it. I'd bet a nickel Petra would. I'm also bet she is not alone.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, I would. Running around with 40 lmc ain't worth my integrity. I know it's just a video game, but that's kinda my point. I can't believe there are folks out there who allow their personal integrity to suffer for nothing but pixels.. but hey.. ain't casting any stones either. To each their own.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I would. Running around with 40 lmc ain't worth my integrity. I know it's just a video game, but that's kinda my point. I can't believe there are folks out there who allow their personal integrity to suffer for nothing but pixels.. but hey.. ain't casting any stones either. To each their own.
They still use cheats and everything else I'm pretty certain they wouldn't feel one bit of guilt using such an advantage.

Now on the other hand yes some of us would certainly be bothered by it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are players in some guilds who would use absolutely any means they can to gain any sort of advantage in pvp. Case in poit, most people in fel are now blue just so they can get the town FC1 bonus and use spirituality virtue in pvp.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
There are players in some guilds who would use absolutely any means they can to gain any sort of advantage in pvp. Case in poit, most people in fel are now blue just so they can get the town FC1 bonus and use spirituality virtue in pvp.
LOL as if that has anything to do with player integrity...what a ****ing unrelated comparison.

It's not like I and other pvpers haven't come on stratics and started multiple threads about opening up town bonuses to reds specifically so we all aren't forced to play blues....

that is more an example of the dev's not communicating with the player base and/or not being familiar with certain aspects of the game (pvp) to realize just how uneven they were making the playing field with town bonuses.

Edit- Fun fact: I actually registered for stratics solely so I could post about town bonuses, no dev ever chimed in on those threads and no changes have been made...

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They still use cheats and everything else I'm pretty certain they wouldn't feel one bit of guilt using such an advantage.
Yeah, I hear ya there for sure. Me and another older vet were talking about a certain guild on Atlantic that was rumored to have had quite a few folks actually do jail time for some of the things they did in game... I mean heck... risking losing that backdoor virginity for a dang video game???? That definitely goes in the HELL NAW!!!! end of the pool...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When my character had -18 HP Regen I reported it and it was promptly (<1 hr) by a GM.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We both agree that on the scale of life the pixels here are kinda low on most peoples priorities. So why would the cost (in this case personal integrity) be so high? Honest question again just curious.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We both agree that on the scale of life the pixels here are kinda low on most peoples priorities. So why would the cost (in this case personal integrity) be so high? Honest question again just curious.
Well.. for me.. integrity is integrity whether you are talking about a pile of cash or mere pixels. Loss of integrity is the same regardless of what you lose it over.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted No.

I share the same opinion with drcossack.
I've posted a screenshot of it, people know it exists, the devs can fix it the way they want too.

I have one character that's bugged with this I did not report it because I don't know how it happened, if I knew how it happened I'd report it- Then we could wait 3+ years for it to get fixed.

It wouldn't bother me at all if they fixed it, I purposefully didn't build my suit around it specifically because it could be fixed.
I'd rather not have "My character fixed" while other people still have permanently bugged characters in this fashion.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted No.

I share the same opinion with drcossack.
I've posted a screenshot of it, people know it exists, the devs can fix it the way they want too.

I have one character that's bugged with this I did not report it because I don't know how it happened, if I knew how it happened I'd report it- Then we could wait 3+ years for it to get fixed.

It wouldn't bother me at all if they fixed it, I purposefully didn't build my suit around it specifically because it could be fixed.
I'd rather not have "My character fixed" while other people still have permanently bugged characters in this fashion.
Or me, even though none of my chars are bugged. But I still wouldn't take advantage of it - I have LMC on all my suits anyway. I'm sure it's been reported by some people in the past, plus it's documented on here.

To me, there are more important things to fix (i.e. Mortal spam/stacking), although being bugged with 40 LMC does have its benefits (obviously.); afaik, most of the dungeon loot being used now has LMC anyway, so you'll probably never even notice if someone is bugged with it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Anyone that says yes is lying, IMO.
I'd report it and I'll be happy to explain why.

Like others have said it's a matter of integrity.

Integrity is : the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

Most importantly integrity begins with yourself, if you know something is wrong, and you know what you should do about it and refuse, you're not being acting ethically, or honestly. Inability to hold yourself up to a standard of integrity means you can not be expected to hold anyone else to a standard of integrity as that would be an unjust act. This is a truth that has been philosophized for over a millennium, the idea is present in the writings of Plato such as The Apology and The Republic while never specifically mentioned. The concept of personal integrity is vital to any society, even virtual ones, abandonment of this principle in the real world has led to the collapse of empires, and in virtual worlds it hastens the decline and discontinuance of a specific title because of the necessity of finding creative ways to combat it eventually sows discord.

How about some examples closer to home...

We all hear the complaints about rampant scripting, exploitation of bugs etc. and what is the result? Most of the community blames the Developers, but every time they make a change to the game to attempt to balance things, people actively look for ways not to work with the system but to game the system for personal benefit leading to a need for another round of changes. People complain about the randomized resources, this was a reaction to people rampantly scripting high end ore and lumber for profit. Cool downs on buffs, and apples etc? Nerfs? Another reaction to those who don't have the personal integrity to work within the rules of the game.

Do I agree with all their changes? Absolutely not, because they create increased limitations on myself due to someone else conducting unethical behavior. Do I roll with it? Yes, I will say I don't log in nearly as often as I did 5 years ago, but if I was to join suit with the unscrupulous individuals I'd be preforming an unjust act in response to an unjust at and this never is a proper thing to do. Other people simply close their accounts, and as subscriptions decline and the eventual end grows closer it won't be because the Devs failed the game, they at least are trying to make progress, it will be because too much of the player base has eventually failed the game by their constant in ability to act with any sense of integrity.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree. I remember when I first noticed my character was bugged and I posted about it on stratics. Petra gave enough of an argument to were I almost did delete it. I'd bet a nickel Petra would. I'm also bet she is not alone.
erm, I read the poll, voted, then read the thread.
Not sure how I feel about you knowing me that well :D

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since all of my characters have either 40LMC for mages or 50+ LMC for non mages...Why would I...and how would I even realize...lol

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take all of your gear off.
I guess my point was too obtuse....doesnt matter what my LMC is naked since I have it on all my gear. It isnt like it would give me 80-95 lmc if I was bugged and had it on my gear.

And I dont plan on remaking 14+ suits just to exploit a glitch that will get changed back on the next publish.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess my point was too obtuse....doesnt matter what my LMC is naked since I have it on all my gear. It isnt like it would give me 80-95 lmc if I was bugged and had it on my gear.

And I dont plan on remaking 14+ suits just to exploit a glitch that will get changed back on the next publish.
Ah. Yeah, all of my suits have 40+...well, not sure about my thrower's suit offhand, but I think he does. My tamer is the only one of all my chars that doesn't (36 LMC), but I'm not gonna worry too much about 4% on a pvm only character.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I have no bugged characters, the magic users all have LMC of 100 on their suits. <shrug> But I would probably think it was neat while not using it to advantage.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I have no bugged characters, the magic users all have LMC of 100 on their suits. <shrug> But I would probably think it was neat while not using it to advantage.
100% lmc as in they can have 10 man cast at 4/6 casting earthquake non stop and never run out of mana....somehow I doubt this

I believe you are confusing LRC and LMC... Mages can have 100 LRC but are capped at 40 LMC if they have med or wear medable armour

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You may be right ... I need to go over the specs tomorrow. Just yanking them out of mothballs and scanning is obviously setting me up for foot-in-mouth disease.

Thanks for correcting me ...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should I spent my precious time reporting things they already know since forever but obviously don't plan to fix?

I would rather see the team spent time on actually fixing things instead of seeing Mesanna personally playing the GM and spending her time on fixing a single character of my single account. But unfortunately that seems to be totally her thing :(

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
Why should I spent my precious time reporting things they already know since forever but obviously don't plan to fix?

I would rather see the team spent time on actually fixing things instead of seeing Mesanna personally playing the GM and spending her time on fixing a single character of my single account. But unfortunately that seems to be totally her thing :(
why should you spend you precious 8 seconds to report this? you spent more time than that tying out your post that makes completely no sense.

you want the dev team to spend their time fixing things but you don't want them to spend the time fixing this thing.

hence the point of this thread... trying to FIX the 40 lmc bug.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why should you spend you precious 8 seconds to report this? you spent more time than that tying out your post that makes completely no sense.

you want the dev team to spend their time fixing things but you don't want them to spend the time fixing this thing.

hence the point of this thread... trying to FIX the 40 lmc bug.
No, thats not what I said. Please read my post again. I am in favour of them fixing this. I just disagree with how they normally handle those issues.

They know about this for ages. They fixed characters, so they should also had the possibility to get some idea of what is wrong. Yet this bug still is around. Of course I could report it as well, but what is the likely outcome? Getting my char fixed while the bug itself never gets fixed. And that is pretty much a waste of time. Even for both parties.

Good luck with your ambitions on getting the actual problem fixed. From past experience you are more likely to get an response like "email me what character is bugged and I will fix this one character".

Of course everybody is free to report it. I just said I would not waste my time as the thread asks for this.