• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll for March totm

Winner of March totm

• ohmyGED- crystalline ring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ohmyGED- broken crystals

• ohmyGED- Windspirit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
S

Sweeney

Eh I thought my boat theft was better than the bracers, or at least would have made the list.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the items that were fairly easy to come by were not included. The skill and forethought to figure out location and get it does merit mention for being a cunning rogue though. That was a true rogue. This one focused on the more rare items.
If the skill in obtaining an item is more important than its' rarity- and truly it should at least be part of the equation- let me hear feedback both to do this in the future, and also how best to judge that skill and how it was used.

R

RichDC

Just a suggestion, next time would it be possible to post links to said thefts. I mean, The inquis stands out as the "best" steal but we dont know the background to it, was it done through killing the mark after noticing it unisured??

Was there a backstory etc would be nice to know :)

S

Sweeney

the items that were fairly easy to come by were not included. The skill and forethought to figure out location and get it does merit mention for being a cunning rogue though. That was a true rogue. This one focused on the more rare items.
If the skill in obtaining an item is more important than its' rarity- and truly it should at least be part of the equation- let me hear feedback both to do this in the future, and also how best to judge that skill and how it was used.
Just a FYI, on Siege valid boat keys are one of the hardest things to come by. Not to mention finding said boat.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what has been done in the past when it is a tie- or is this a first?

T

The Green Thief

what has been done in the past when it is a tie- or is this a first?
I think it's always been Super-Tiebreaker-Bonus-Round.

Seriously though I don't think this has ever happened.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thief of the month was never selected by poll. It was selected by the moderators of the forum...so there was never a tie...la

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eh- that doesn't seem fair to me. I could have alliances or favorites. So could Quenchant. It seems a better and fairer option to have it picked by the thieving community at large.
Now, the question is- what is the most fair method of breaking ties when they occur?

S

Shinobi

eh- that doesn't seem fair to me. I could have alliances or favorites. So could Quenchant. It seems a better and fairer option to have it picked by the thieving community at large.
Now, the question is- what is the most fair method of breaking ties when they occur?
Whichever thief can make the best steal in 24 hours...that'd kick ass.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mods set the criteria for steal of the month. If it's highest price item, so be it. If it's best story...again, so be it. If the mods follow the criteria when judging, there really shouldn't be an issue with supposed "fairness". TotM has lasted for years with this style of voting. The public poll is only what...2 or 3 months old? To me, it seems like you've (mods/admins in general) have tried to fix something that wasn't broken...la

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eh- I'm a majority rules kind of person. It is to easy for 1 individual to make poor decisions, based upon personal agendas or preferences, sometimes even without they themselves realizing it. Being human, I cannot be immune to this myself, however hard I try. And as I said, sometimes you do this without even realizing it.
I therefore thought that the community of thieves at large might give a better balanced and objective view of what would constitute a better steal. I thought about voting myself, but did not feel if that would be appropriate. In retrospect, being a thief who does steal from other players would certainly give me the right to vote, and would likely have avoided the current problem of tie.
It is sad that there were so few voters period.

I do like your idea of setting the criteria of the theft of the month. After April, the theft of the month will have an added restriction. Not just a generic steal, but each month will be based upon most exciting, most comedic, most daring, most rare item, most costly item (though that will have to be defined first, as different shards have different values for things).
Any other suggestions on what might make intersting criteria?

T

The Green Thief

Not necessarily criteria, but here is an interesting idea.

Playing through Elder Scrolls you have opportunities to do missions for The Grey Fox. He sends you out to steal specific items from the world and bring them back.

I think an interesting twist on this would be for the mods to get together and pick a certain item to be stolen, or even a list of items to be stolen. Once the item(s) have been picked out the contestants need to steal each item (from players of course) and provide proof as well as a small backstory. *shrug* If I still played that would be entertaining to me.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a fine idea. I will remember it as well.
Now, to think of what items that would go together, to illustrate some story line or quest.......