• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Poisoning] Any way to Amp damage?

AaronTheAssassin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently been wondering how to raise the damage done by my poison tics, and I noticed Enhance Pots doesnt do anything (Tested on drakes w/ 60% EP and 0%EP same weps) and I tested that Damage Increase doesnt work either (Tested on drakes 72% DI w/ a Kyrss and 0% DI w/ an assassin spike) and all of my tests resulted in the same 25 - 38 damage range with lethal. Im wondering this because when im trying to fight off a player who has 70 in Poison resist, Im noticing approx 10 damage per tick.

In short: How can I raise my Poison damage output? Am I just wanting a skill to become over-powered, or does this sound legit?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poison is too easy to defend one's self from anymore. Maybe increase your tactics so your initial hit will cause more damage...or use a combo with your blade prior to the poisoning. You may want to use a lesser poison that tics faster, so you can disrupt the spells a mage my try using to heal themselves...la

AaronTheAssassin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its mostly for my thief, He isnt a combatant, he just needs a basic defence ya know? But yeah I know the weaker poisons tic faster, Lethal is still a pain to cure, even more so when you got an annoying fencer. ^^

Alrighty, thanks for the reply

S

Stupid Miner

well if you're a swordsman you could always combo it with a bleed attack.

could also lower poison resist with curse if you're a mage or corpse skin if you're a necro.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its mostly for my thief, He isnt a combatant, he just needs a basic defence ya know? But yeah I know the weaker poisons tic faster, Lethal is still a pain to cure, even more so when you got an annoying fencer. ^^

Alrighty, thanks for the reply
Perhaps, but against any reasonable, well-rehearsed dexxer you are not going to get the anticipated results. I really recommend what you already know...and mix them up.

i.e. If you ALWAYS use deadly poison on someone then meh...whatever. They know what to expect when they see you. Surprise is always the key. You don't want to poison someone at the start of the fight, right? No not always.

Mixing up your own tactics...not the named skill...can "Amp up" as you put it...your damage output.

If you are having trouble with a straight up assassin set, mix it up with necro as Stupid Miner said.

You will keep the opposition guessing what you are going to do, when you finally do show and tell. If your damage output is weak, well...slap on some more +tactics jewelry/gear. Just remember you need 90 straight up to do both specials. Additional tactics will boost damage output...but not help you do specials if you don't have 90 already.

Finally I would look at your weapon make up. Especially testing on mobs. While Drakes aren't PARTICULARLY strong in terms of their physical resist...they are VERY weak in poison resist. You would have skewed results if your blades were mostly poison/energy based...say, 50/50.

AaronTheAssassin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in my tests, I was going for straight Lethal poison damages.

My charector build is setup to be mainly a thief, he can run away with ease, but I threw poisoning on him to give him more than just a 3-4 damage dagger hit. My weapon skill is mainly for Shadow Strike.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in my tests, I was going for straight Lethal poison damages.

My charector build is setup to be mainly a thief, he can run away with ease, but I threw poisoning on him to give him more than just a 3-4 damage dagger hit. My weapon skill is mainly for Shadow Strike.
Well good thoughts, but hopefully you were getting more than a 3 to 4 damage hit to begin with. That...is pretty LOW.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen many a poison/thief go red. Just be prepared for that to occur. Many marks will kill themselves so they can count you...la

AaronTheAssassin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well good thoughts, but hopefully you were getting more than a 3 to 4 damage hit to begin with. That...is pretty LOW.
I more or less kill the weaker targets with poison, but hard core PvPers are where I only have the flee option. So its not like im really in for fighting, I dont even have any method to heal besides cat form.

And Rico, Yeah, ive had people do that. I usually try to border-line 4 Kills, but right now im at 1 because I havent had enough miners to add to the counts ^^

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And Rico, Yeah, ive had people do that. I usually try to border-line 4 Kills, but right now im at 1 because I havent had enough miners to add to the counts ^^

Trust me when i say going red as a thief becomes very annoying very quickly!

A

Arch Magus

Lethal followed by Death strike.
Most run everytime and will take a large amount of damage.
*stab stab*