• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poison and Infectious Strike

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

Just a quick question. Are you still able to gain poisoning through the Infectious Strike ability? I haven't been able to but I just wanted to know if there was a change that has taken effect since I've been gone. Many thanks!

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I did some further investigating on this matter. You can still gain off poisoning with Infectious Strike. However, at 50 poisoning I used player made potions (didn't seem to gain off NPC ones, maybe it was a fluke but I doubt it). I consistently gained up to 67 skill using Infectious Strike with a poison potion. After that, the skill gains slowed down drastically. I then switched over to just poisoning with poison potions (not using Infectious Strike) from then on and have enjoyed good success thus far.

So in the end, you can bring up your skill fairly high with Infectious Strike and a poison potion (not greater) until 67. Just thought I'd share my experience.

Hendric

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to finish off; I used player made poison potions from 67 to 70 with just the regular poisoning skill, as it seemed to speed up the gains. Then from 70 to 80 I simply used Infectious Strike with greater poison potions. Just in case anyone was curious. :)

Hendric

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how are gians coming along and have you moved up to any higher lvls of poison and at what skill lvl?

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
took out my old poison fencer and using infectious strike raised the skill from 80 to 90 using greaters much better gains from just applying on dagger more uses from the strike vs potion at 90.2 currently

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For now I stopped at 80 but we'll see what the changes bring come the next update. I'd imagine greater poison will carry you well into the 90s. If things slow down, try just applying poison to a blade for a bit and see if that gives better gains.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well Hendrick for me using infectious strike stopped dead at 92 even tried usind deadly with a scoll of alacrity and no gains.. so back to sitting in the keep and poisoning weap..

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well dang, that's no good! After a few gains you should head out and try some more infectious strikes with deadly poison on, just to see if it works at all.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
used 100 potions (deadly) using infectious strike.. no gains but also went home and burned 100 of same potion doing normal poisoning skill training and 0 gains so logged that peep off for the day maube he needs to be reset and also removed 400 skillz off of him.. ill try to do normal skill gains tomorrow with only 300 skills on him .. if doesnt improve ill add his other skillz back and try again with infectious strike still at 92......

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well... i just dont give up :) i went home got my alchy out. and made about 5 kegs of greater poison. started training old school way and guess what.. started gaining again :party: but remember i stoned 3 skills and it got me back below 300 skillz which i find is the only way to gain skillz anymore.Soul stones rock.went through those 5 and made 4 more was getting early my time and gave up after 8 kegs.. skill is now 94.5.i guess ill continue this till im about ready for dp then go out again gather skillz and try the infectious strike method to gm just to see if it can be done, if not restone skillz and go about normal methods. ill keep posting gains for ya but so far its just like wehat they tell us up top...at least this isnt like begging.. talk about a mind numbing skill to gm

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As an experiment, go to 95 and maybe try some Infectious Strikes with deadly poison, just to see. I remember I stopped dead at around 67 and tried greater poison with no success. Then I just poisoned blades until 70 and after that I was able to gain off Infectious Strike again, so maybe there's a wall that you can hit. Hard to say and worth a little experimentation. Good luck!

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 96.2 now still grinding away at house used about 12 kegs so far just made 5 more gonna stop at 97 and put all skillz back on and try the infectious strike again see what happens. let ya know in a day or 2

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
welp made another 20 kegs got up to 98 loading back skillz now and heading to see if greaters will still gain me total skillz im runing to test is 538 keeping it low as i can to help GGS

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Criminy must have been the alacrity scrolls i was using nerfed me i am gaining at 98 using the greaters lol at 98.5 in less then 50 minutes keep using the infectious strike it works stay away from the alacrity scolls i guess

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Final Post on this.. Gm'd this morning by using infectioous strike and dp for gains.. IMO the alacrity scroll actually stopped the gain process after it done its (GAIN)..for about hour.. if ya use one and get gains log out and wait a hour then go back to training..

loki danu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well im at 80 (old skill off stone) what is best to gm? I/Strike or just poison weps