• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Point decay rate?

T

Turdnugget

So...I logged off last night with 27 points... logged on mid morning today and had 26 after killing a factioner...

What is the decay rate on points? I found it odd that my one point went so fast =/

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think its 10% every 24 hours? i could be wrong on the number

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was supposed to be 10% a day but it is 1 point a day. Nobody has really complained about the decay rate being one a day so its unlikely it will change.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, with 8 faction pvpers I don't have time to play each one every night to keep points up so as far as I'm concerned it can stay at 1 per day.

C

Cloak&Dagger

its not suppose to be 10% every day, its SUPPOSE to be on a 10 day cycle so for him it would be 4 points every 10 days (because he would lose points on day 9 and on day 10) either way yea it seems to be 1 point per day currently, and with one of my chars unable to gain points the regular way, by killing people, I have no problem with it staying like this

W

wee papa smurf

Here what i found:

Player's killpoints will atrophy in the morning time local to the shard. The atrophy amount is listed below.
Atrophy works on a 10 day cycle:
Day 1: Players with 90 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint
Day 2: Players with 80 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint
Day 3: Players with 70 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint
Day 4: Players with 60 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint
Day 5: Players with 50 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint
Day 4: Players with 40 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint
Day 3: Players with 30 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint
Day 2: Players with 20 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint
Day 1: Players with 10 killpoints or more lose 1 killpoint

Whether that makes any sense?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's more confusing than Scottish slang terminology.

T

Turdnugget

I musta logged on shortly after the decay then...Just wasn't sure on the decay rate.

I've got no issues getting points...it was just weird logging on and killing someone and having less than what I logged off with.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The decay system isn't hard to understand at all. If you have 10 points you will lose 1 every 10 days. If you have 90 points or more you lose 1 every day.