• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Podolak needs a job...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

This post is actually a little more involved than the title suggests. I am referring to role playing and player run taverns. Years ago I had my own tavern and all was well with that. We had such a huge population and so much going on. However, I am not interested in building yet another tavern in-game to compete with the existing establishments. I think it would be counter productive to bringing the RP community and player base at large closer together.

I would love to establish two things. First, if we could all somehow decide on one "main" tavern among all the taverns in the game as the "go-to" location that would be awesome. I understand the difficulty in this as each and every one of you who has a tavern has invested an intense amount of work into it. I just think that consolidating to a "main" tavern for daily activities would really benefit us all. By no means am I saying close all other taverns or to not have activities at them. We should all do our own special events. I do think it would be nice to pick one "main" location though, if this is even possible.

The second thing I would like is a job at this tavern, wherever it is. I think it would need more than one person on staff and I do not mind starting off by cleaning tables and sweeping floors.

Well...these are a few of my thoughts. Please give your honest opinion if you think this is worth your time. I do not mind constructive "negative" criticism and will be a lax when such posts are made about me in this topic. Please try and stick to the RoC as best as possible and definitely no personal attacks against other players. I will be lenient of opinions against me but I will delete such posts made against other people.

Thank you for your time everyone.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "main" location, as far as I've seen has been the Knight's Rest Tavern in Aegis (and has been for two or more years). It's the only place I've seen that has a time and place where you are guaranteed some role played interaction. And with recent developments, I suspect it will become even more popular in the near future.

For more details, you really need to get in touch with Aedon.

There are a lot of other taverns out there, but it's rare to find people actually staffing/using the taverns outside of special events.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "main" location, as far as I've seen has been the Knight's Rest Tavern in Aegis (and has been for two or more years). It's the only place I've seen that has a time and place where you are guaranteed some role played interaction. And with recent developments, I suspect it will become even more popular in the near future.

For more details, you really need to get in touch with Aedon.

There are a lot of other taverns out there, but it's rare to find people actually staffing/using the taverns outside of special events.
I am familiar with Aedon and Aegis, I was unaware it was considered a main location. If something is already established this is wonderful news. I was expecting this to be a difficult prospect.

Are you at all familiar with its existing staffing schedule?

C

CatLord

Hello.

I remember Kinship and trying to drink quietly while outside there was chaos and death...

I remember Bear Point and trying to shop quietly while outside there was chaos and death...

I remember the poker night in Felucca... and outside there was chaos and death...

So my question is...

What is the purpose of a Tavern?

(for the record, I love the events in Aegis... specially the dagger throwing into the water tank... Rotep rocks)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember Kinship and trying to drink quietly while outside there was chaos and death...
Kinship always comes to my mind first. Unfortunately much of the player base does not frequent felucca.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinship is home to the Venomous Gopher Memorial Tavern. SC*C maintains kinship, but sadly its become a bit of a ghost town as most of the guild spends the majority of their time on Siege these days.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinship is home to the Venomous Gopher Memorial Tavern. SC*C maintains kinship, but sadly its become a bit of a ghost town as most of the guild spends the majority of their time on Siege these days.
Perhaps the rest of us need to move to Siege! I actually have a developed character there but the lack of recall/sacred journey is a bit problematic at times.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo is like the Siege Genie. You say Siege and *poof* Kelmo appears in a cloud of smoke... funny smelling smoke.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he runs a script that constantly scours all of stratics for the word siege!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Something like that... We will visit later. *eyes contract*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Damn... There goes all of the mystery...

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Knights Rest is officially staffed at 9pm eastern on Tuesdays however folks gather any time of day or night during the week. Aedon would be the one to talk to.

C

CatLord

The GM of the GRI Paladins for about six months... in 2000 (or close).

L

Llwyd

Perhaps the rest of us need to move to Siege! I actually have a developed character there but the lack of recall/sacred journey is a bit problematic at times.
*rises unsteadily, leaning on cane*

Alas, I would surely be reduced to begging for a living in such a world, which would leave me ill-equipped to afford to frequent your fine tavern... and the daughter would not follow...

But I wish you well.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grins* I am not leaving for Siege! Only if my friends moved would I leave Catskills.

L

Llwyd

*sigh of relief*

If you do move to Seige, I hope my brother Flwyd doesn't find out. He might be tempted to travel there. He's a tad younger than I and a bit more adventurous, but he is only slightly less disabled.

I worry about Flwyd. I think he has a death wish.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guild has mostly moved to Siege, but I'm staying right here on Cats to keep the home fires burning. They pop in from time to time (some more frequently than others) to say hello.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did the boating expedition go by the way?

Aww...Black...didn't realize you were here alone!

L

Llwyd

How did the boating expedition go by the way?
Exhilarating! The wind and the waves and the salt spray in my face almost made me feel young again. The daughter reminds me of her mother - a fine sailor with a genuine love for the sea. And we didn't meet any krakens. Not even a sea serpent.

Thank you for asking.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I'm not alone. SC*C (Senior Citizens of Catskills) is the remaining active core of SCB (Senior Citizens of Britiannia). A while back we split off because our GM had been inactive for quite some time, and we were unable to gain control of the guild through voting. So we splintered off and the majority of the guild formed SC*C. Since then most of the remaning members have moved over to Siege pretty much full time. Barefoot Princess was our GM when we formed SC*C, but since she has pretty much moved to Siege full time leadership was transferred to me. Ally Oop and a few others still frequent Catskills, so I'm not exactly alone.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've actually thought of commandeering kinship tavern for the heck of it and because I think it'd be funny just to randomly get a bunch of people PK'ed by announcing an RP event there. Or a bunch of PKs RP'ed. =P

You be the judge anyone up for it just start a topic or something.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've actually thought of commandeering kinship tavern for the heck of it and because I think it'd be funny just to randomly get a bunch of people PK'ed by announcing an RP event there. Or a bunch of PKs RP'ed. =P
Last event I remember at Kinship Tavern was the opening night of Grog Fest. (Yes there was some PvP outside and I thought most people had a good time there.) I always loved that place and use to stop there after a night of hunting back before the lands split.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just gonna toss this one out here. How about hosting it in the Twin Oaks Tavern in Ilsh? It is a true neutral site,and as far as I know,it has never been used for any RP that I can remember. It has a basement,main floor tavern and an inn up stairs that people can log out in.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Knight's Rest is in desperate need of a bartender on Tuesday nights. Aedon has been doing it since misplacing his last barmaid, and he really stinks at it. I do however have the good luck of having many that attend tavern night in Aegis who want to help out, or overthrow the bar. So all is not lost.

Come see me Podo