• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PLZ FIX CHAMP SPAWNS DEVS

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
trying to do an imp spawn at ice dungeon champ spawn and its a 2 candle start however there were like 5 imps and 1 mongbat, nothing else came out...

S

Sweeney

What's wrong with the gold drop?
Draconi said the loot drops will be changing. Combined with BoS' maybe they don't wont one person to be able to scoop it all up when things will change soon.

Just an idea, but I might be giving them too much credit for doing things so quickly.

K

katluma

Its happening to a lot of them. The Tokuno one last nite was three candles and like six monsters spawned as I killed them the altar went to full set of red candles and nothing happened. I reported it and they reset it later on in the nite.

K

Kensai Tsunami

yup. i have seen this happen 5 times now. it seems to have something to do with using valor on the altar. i guess. its screwin up the champ spawns bigtime. i just pray it isnt 2 months b4 they fix this. a bug like this will do alot of damage to the player base if it isnt fixed quickly. i know several ppl who have returned to uo for the champ spawn fun and one of em is already threatening to quit again over it. i would personally put this one at the very top of the list to fix ...and i DONT mean waiting for another publish or 2. its amazing that such a major bug could slip into production shards after such a long stint on the test shard.

PLEASE FIX IT POST HASTE?!?!?!?!

G

Green Meanie

part of the problem is not anofe spawns get done on test do to the abliity to instantly get every items and set your skills at whatever you want

Edit: Yes please fix extremly annoying esp in fel when you pop the spawn twice to do anything to it

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Twice today at Humility on LS a spawn instead of leveling up after first level...............the spawn starts over new with a different spawn type.

D

Destiny GL

I know of a player that paged a GM and the gm came and fixed the spawn. But now when u page you have at least over an hour wait. I cannot believe that such an error is occuring and they cannot fix it asap.. Are they not aware of this and if so why do they not respond with any answers to such a HUGE game problem. Never thought i'd see the day.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that the game isn't recognizing the activation of the spawn completely, like the appearance of candles is separate somehow from the appearance of spawn. I can pop a spawn and if it is one that's gonna be broken, the candles appear (usually 4) and little to no spawn appears. If it gets popped again tho, it gets fixed and the spawn shows up.
I've been popping as many spawns as possible in Fel T2A and the Fel dungeons the last two days, and every single time I popped a broken spawn, it was fixed with a second pop.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that the game isn't recognizing the activation of the spawn completely, like the appearance of candles is separate somehow from the appearance of spawn. I can pop a spawn and if it is one that's gonna be broken, the candles appear (usually 4) and little to no spawn appears. If it gets popped again tho, it gets fixed and the spawn shows up.
I've been popping as many spawns as possible in Fel T2A and the Fel dungeons the last two days, and every single time I popped a broken spawn, it was fixed with a second pop.
I just tried to explain that in game and was dismissed. Oh well, I know what I am talking about.

K

Kensai Tsunami

thx for the tip Experimental. seems i did notice that, in hind sight. at the time it didnt register. maybe i should sleep more. heh

they still need to fix it ASAP ...even if we have a way to circumvent the issue its still a ******** pain in the arse.
maybe they will tell us something monday.
this will be a true test of how good this 'new team' is.
imagine if they kept a few ppl more than a yr or so; someone might actually know what needs to be done or not. or perhaps i am giving them too much credit. i apologize for saying that if i offended anyone. i'm a bit jaded.
*sigh*

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The funny part is that if I popped a broken spawn, say a spider for example, my second pop would always give me a different spawn, like a lizard.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The funny part is that if I popped a broken spawn, say a spider for example, my second pop would always give me a different spawn, like a lizard.
*sighs* Please don't drop turds like this in UHall.

Popped a good 20 broken spawns (yes...running them through) since the patch and not a one has changed up.

So again...pooping in the hall is bad form sir...bad form.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"So again...pooping in the hall is bad form sir...bad form."

Wrong gender.... and keep trying as this type of anomaly has already been mentioned on this forum.

P

peanutbutter

popped every champ on my shard today and 3 of them (all rats) broken... fun.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Nice.
Champspawn with 100 piles of gold.
Guy running program to pickup gold and send via bag of sending.
How do I know? He wanted to brag.

How did I know? The gold was picked up oh in 7 seconds. All of it.

Come on... was changing the bag of sending and changing gold needed?

Maybe give us gold sinks first and then make the changes. Last thing we need is more gold and resource farming. ARGH.

P

peanutbutter

.... the most unpopulated U.S. shard there is and i paged 30 minutes ago. somehow, i'm #13 and have been the whole time... fun.

P

peanutbutter

first one, the GM said they couldn't "fix the baracoon" only re-pop it randomly. well, unless they have put heavy limitations on GM power in the past 4 to 5 years, that is simply not true (or didn't used to be true}.

there's a little sign that floats above the champ that GM's can (or used to be able to). it tells all the stats of the spawn and allows those with access to choose which spawn they want. all you have to to is change that from random to vermin, pop it, and change it back to random. if this power has been taken from the GM's, it needs to be given back.

- - the second one, waited 45 minutes and finally some punk came and re-popped it and lost the only baracoon on the shard. so, i spent all afternoon popping the entire shard and when i finally get a couple baracoons to "solo", they get ruined.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Please fix this sometime this week dont wait til another publish to have this fixed.

Exgirlfriend

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wont be fixed untill the majority of players either buy the 11th aniv. items or you pre-order SA LOL....Every other game i have played would have hot fixed a issue like this within 24 hours.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please fix this sometime this week dont wait til another publish to have this fixed.
We're testing the global fix right now; it was a combination of two problems: not being able to invoke valor, and the champ spawns randomly cutting off midway through. The latter problem caused the first one, by creating multiple Idols (right on top of each other), and the one being invoked on was invalid. The cut-off problem was caused by a validation check for the boss monster that held over to the next spawn.

These issues will be resolved soon.

Thank you all for your patience, as a small token of our appreciation we're going to take a look at the gold drops for Champ Spawns and Harrowers.

Right now, the system drops so many piles of gold that it tends to cause massive lag. Also, the individual gold piles have no protection against speed-looting (see that? new speed-problem!). These piles also drop on top of each other, and hide beneath existing piles.

A proposed solution is to:
  • Spread out the piles just a bit more
  • Lessen the number of individual piles
  • Increase the quantity of gold per pile
  • Add IDOC loot rules to each gold pile (can't be speed-looted)
  • Make the gold piles visually stack on top of each other, so you can access each pile

You won't necessarily notice a difference between the number of piles, to be honest (so much used to be hidden under other piles). The amount of gold for Harrowers will be the same, and the amount for individual Champ Spawns will be slightly higher (allowing us to have less piles but still look and feel the same). Keep in mind that this publish has dropped the weight of gold and silver, so you can carry more.

Thoughts?

D

Deb

"Add IDOC loot rules to each gold pile (can't be speed-looted) "

This should apply to all drops of that sort if possible. Might solve
some of the event problems. I.E. the crystal shard drops of the
past event. If this will stop the script looters by all means do this
one.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Add IDOC loot rules to each gold pile (can't be speed-looted) "

This should apply to all drops of that sort if possible. Might solve
some of the event problems. I.E. the crystal shard drops of the
past event. If this will stop the script looters by all means do this
one.
Yes, actually, I was wondering if it would make a noticeable difference during the last event. The broken crystals had the same anti-speed-looting script on them, and Young/Trial players were automatically removed from the event area when they tried to enter.

I've at least noticed more "regular" players talking about looting crystals.

D

Deb

Hmmm...not sure about that, not to argue but there were numerous people
across the shards that had gotten 7 to 10 of them and one poster even admitted here
on U-Hall that he had used a looting script. I know on Napa it was real bad.
Definitely did not see any young players there which was nice for a change.

Exgirlfriend

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just auto-drop it in the bank boxes of one of the two massive guilds on each shard...it's not like ANYONE besides them will see it anyway.

Better yet, YOU keep it, and use it to hire a gm to ban the hacks that show up.

You do understand the word monopoly?

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Draconi, for explaining the technical details.
How about with champ gold, you make it so that only one pile of gold can occupy a tile and if another pile tries to land there, it combines with the pile that is already there.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These piles also drop on top of each other, and hide beneath existing piles.
I actually don't have problems with these, but then again I use handles (control + shift) and I don't think a lot of people think to do that. Unless you can stop the quick looting and using BOS then larger amounts per pile would actually end up with less to go around. (personal experience for me right now is - I don't get in a lot of damage and haven't gotten any rewards yet but one scroll, but I do get a lot of gold picked up so I do get a rewards of sorts). It definitely would be nice to see it all go around to everyone in some way though...

btw thanks Draconi for fixing the spawns so quick (have to admit that since we started playing them last week, it's been some of the best fun I've had in UO in a while lol)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to Draconi for being stalwart enough to jump in here in flame retardant suit, explain how the problem came about, explain the solution, and give a best possible at the moment guess on time frame for implementation.

We don't have any English teachers in here do we?

Lord, I hope not.

K

Kensai Tsunami

thx Draconi for such a quick response. i was afraid 'the team' was falling back into the old ways. i.e. new publish comes, bugs appear, bugs remain for yrs.
you give me hope for a bright future for uo. keep up the good work.
:thumbup1: