• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please Welcome Oriana as Origin's New Forum Moderator

G

Ghost_Writer

Hail and Well Met,
Please take a moment to welcome our new Origin forum moderator Oriana. Oriana is an experienced Mod for UO Stratics and has volunteered to help out on Origin and replace Chaucer. Oriana is a long time Vet of UO and has a reputation of being a fair and level headed moderator. I'm sure she will do a great job here.

Oriana, Thanks for stepping up to help out.

Ghost Writer

C

Crystal Canyon

Welcome Oriana!

Im sure you will enjoy the folks here but I must warn you...you will have your hands full with Ghost Writer! Just kidding (kind of) LOL;)

C

Crow

Thank the UO gods and general jurisprudence that someone with a bit of sense has arrived.…

Having said that, I will also welcome Ori!!!!...(hehe love ya dear)...Bring Sara along just for the fun....I might just go that much further out of my way to get back to causing trouble so you all have something legit to write and moderate about :)

Because for some reason people don't seem to believe my stratics mood....not sure why...

L

Lord Arcane

Welcome, i'm Lord Arcane the local nut job :bdh: and just plan crazy person :danceb: oh and the shard drunk :pint: hehe nice to meet ya :loser:

C

Crow

HA!!!!

With all due respect MR. Arcane...I will reserve teh title of shard drunk, thank you very much....And will challenge thee any time to a shot off.

Anyone who knows me will laughingly or sadly attest to that title.

*Pretends to bow while making an over exaggerated fall to the floor*(or maybe other way around...)...*but quickly recovers like he meant to do that...*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for intro Ghost!! *blushes*

LOL thanks for the warning Crystal, I've met Ghost briefly in San Diego (although he may not remember that) btw great vendors, I've taken my lil newbies there from time to time to get stuff.

Crow... lol ya I'm here to haunt you.... j/k. You know me, just play nice. And as for your mood on the boards....wwwweelllllll, I'll leave that alone...for now.

Lord Arcane, thanks for the welcome. Hmm local crazy person...you and I should get along just fine then lol. One of my old sigs was....Krazy I am...Stupid I am not.

I look forward to playing around with everyone from Origin here.

Oriana

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Origin Oriana, I hope you brought your whip. Sometimes this bunch has to be put back in its cage from time to time. We love our shard and we can be passionate about it. But crack your whip and we will fall in line. LOL

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank the UO gods and general jurisprudence that someone with a bit of sense has arrived.…

Having said that, I will also welcome Ori!!!!...(hehe love ya dear)...Bring Sara along just for the fun....I might just go that much further out of my way to get back to causing trouble so you all have something legit to write and moderate about :)

Because for some reason people don't seem to believe my stratics mood....not sure why...
Sure, Crow ... You don't call, you don't write ... Then all of sudden we locate you on Origin!!!! ;)

Congrats to Oriana on being named a Mod here ... For those of you who don't know her, she's one of the best!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Passion is what drives this game. *Cracks Whip* Only reason no one nows how passionate I am some of the time is because as a mod...well....i have to be a good girl. Now if you could only hear me cuss and fuss at the monitor...you'd probably lock me up for yelling at an inanamate object.

Oriana

I

Intoxication

*Puts Crow back in his cage*

sorry we have been trying to keep him in that dang thing but he seems to know how the pick the locks.

its great to see you here on the origin boards.
Ill do my best to be good so you don't have to do to much work. as for Crow, yeah sorry not much i can do there for ya.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww, Crows pretty good most of the time...please note I said most not all.

*looks a feathered friend through bars* *wonders where he hides those lockpicks*

But I'm not looking for 'em.

Ori

C

Chaucer of TS

Hail and Well Met,
Please take a moment to welcome our new Origin forum moderator Oriana. Oriana is an experienced Mod for UO Stratics and has volunteered to help out on Origin and replace Chaucer. Oriana is a long time Vet of UO and has a reputation of being a fair and level headed moderator. I'm sure she will do a great job here.

Oriana, Thanks for stepping up to help out.

Ghost Writer
Replaced he says, pfft as if I can be REPLACED. :D

(hands over reigns and keys for the cages to Oriana)Good luck and thanks for taking over Oriana. I really hated stepping down but RL forced my hands.

As for the rest of you, BEHAVE. :lick:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Replaced he says, pfft as if I can be REPLACED. :D

(hands over reigns and keys for the cages to Oriana)Good luck and thanks for taking over Oriana. I really hated stepping down but RL forced my hands.

As for the rest of you, BEHAVE. :lick:
I could never replace you Chaucer only do my best to hold to fort down til you can hopefully return. My best to you and yours and may we see you again soon.

*bows deeply*

Oriana

*kicks the cage with the bird in it*:D

C

Crow

*looks a feathered friend through bars* *wonders where he hides those lockpicks*

But I'm not looking for 'em.

Ori
Aw no fun...And no more of the kicking...or I'll make sure you have a hard time looking out your car window. *splat*

And sorry Sara...I should have sent some updates. Not like I ever hear from you :p

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of little...where do you people hang out? I've had a character on wandering a bit but not seen very many people. Now granted haven't been everywhere yet, and my poor lil newb doesn't get around fast, but still....WHERE ARE YOU GUYS HIDING?

Ori

C

Crystal Canyon

Speaking of little...where do you people hang out? I've had a character on wandering a bit but not seen very many people. Now granted haven't been everywhere yet, and my poor lil newb doesn't get around fast, but still....WHERE ARE YOU GUYS HIDING?

Ori
Oh we dont hide! The only person that does that is Ghost Writer...you never know where he will be!

Actaully, I believe most people on the shard when they are logged in are out hunting, fighting, or gathering resources. I dont see alot of bank sitting going on unless there is a good disagreement brewing at the bank...lol

Just stop anyone along your journeys and say "Hey, I want to go do a Mel", I promise you people will appear from no where to go along! :D

C

Crow

About the only time you'd see me in a public area was cause I was considering how fun it was to watch that blue hued fellow fall, and thinking how fun it will be to do it again soon. Won't be moving much...and I probably wont respond ;)

Or I might be reading some silly forum related to uo...cant remember the name of it...starts with an 'S'...hehe

Programs such as icq, vent (teamspeak to you lame people) and even guild/ally chat are extremely useful, and in most cases, a requirement. Problem is it has had the effect of bringing guilds and cliques together, while killing the general community communication.

A lot of us have macros set up on our general keys, so makes the archaic practice of 'typing' to another very annoying (or deadly {*all kill*, *target self*})...unless you enable CAPS LOCK and hold down shift while typing...a concept over most peoples heads...

As a reporter I would suggest being given access to any particular guilds voice program, and maybe even be guilded for an event, or battle. I'm sure you would find it quite interesting, and would certainly give a new and in depth view of the goings ons.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I happen to know of a certain incident where a certain reporter...not yours truely....happened to get the better of you ;).

But I ain't saying nothing else about it :p.

Oriana

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ori
I've had zero internet for 5-6 days, so I wasn't around! I do hunt a lot, stock my vendors and shop - shopping is awesome. =) I'm sure you'll see me around sometime!

C

Crow

LOL...yes and I'm still waiting for my second place prize from that event...

G

Ghost_Writer

Oh we dont hide! The only person that does that is Ghost Writer...you never know where he will be!
If you had no skill higher than 65, wore no armor, carried no weapons, and didn't have enough magery to cast Mark without a scroll; and spent most of your time in Fel; You'd hide too!

Seriously, I haven't really played much since the release of KR. I've just gotten back into it a few weeks ago. I was a 3d player and really have a hard time with 2d. I'm still working on re-writing 8 characters worth of macros and re-organizing 3 houses of storage because without my re-sizable containers from 3d, I can't find anything.

I alpha tested KR and really had a lot of hope for it, but since certain things just don't work in KR, (Like the ladders in my houses!) I'm forced to use 2d. And I'll be damned if I'm going to re-write 8 characters worth of macros for KR too. Plus get my containers scrambled every time I open them in KR.

Quite frankly, I can't find anything else I like playing. I've tried several games over the last 2 years and the only one I liked closed down. I don't even have the heart to take it out of my sig.

But this spring cleaning got me motivated, actually to clean out my houses and close down one of my accounts, but as I was cleaning out my houses and going through a collection of almost 11 years worth of crap. I realized this game is still the one I like to play the most. So I'm back. Lord Arcane has kindly donated a Greater Dragon to my tamer, you can find me training it on Ogre Lords in Despise. But mostly I'm still trying to organize my houses. Planning to put a bunch of odd jewelry and armor up for sale, but it's such a long list I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Damn I get long winded sometimes... Sorry.

Ghost

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with you GW. I'm actually very mentally ready for cleaning to be over. Not really because I'm bored and need new content, but because how ever far I've gotten, it will then be OK for me to be done.

Good to have you back.

And of course a big WELCOME to Oriana. :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL...yes and I'm still waiting for my second place prize from that event...
I tried to give you back your insurance gold!!!! :D And, in all fairness, even though I still feel guilty, I only did what you told me to do!!!!

F

Flora Green

Hi Oriana. It's great to see you here. :) Flora pops in and out of Luna to collect bods or bank, but mainly she's in the garden. Melina is on vacation. 7 years of hunting earned her one I think.

C

Crow

I tried to give you back your insurance gold!!!! :D And, in all fairness, even though I still feel guilty, I only did what you told me to do!!!!
HAHA...if only everyone who killed me felt that way...I'D BE RICH!!!

It's just too bad the thrill of teh kill didn't turn you into a hardcore red by now...I think the reporting staff could use someone with a little blood lust.

:)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAHA...if only everyone who killed me felt that way...I'D BE RICH!!!

It's just too bad the thrill of teh kill didn't turn you into a hardcore red by now...I think the reporting staff could use someone with a little blood lust.

:)
I just don't think I can afford to turn red ... With two exceptions in eight plus years, anytime I've killed someone I have felt really bad about it ... I rez, repay insurance gold .. it's kind of like, ummm, what else do you need? Better armor, a house, neon hair? :confused:

Let's convince Oriana to take on the red reporter role .. I'll be there taking screenshots!!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just don't think I can afford to turn red ... With two exceptions in eight plus years, anytime I've killed someone I have felt really bad about it ... I rez, repay insurance gold .. it's kind of like, ummm, what else do you need? Better armor, a house, neon hair? :confused:

Let's convince Oriana to take on the red reporter role .. I'll be there taking screenshots!!!
HHmmm me as a red you say.....well maybe if I had a good teacher, and very patient of an 8 yr trammie....i don't know even know what kind of template to start with lol.

Oh and Sara.....I'll see you on Baja lil miss :p

Oriana

C

Crow

LOL...silly noobs :p

You don't have to be red to be in fel ya know... the Crow I play on Origin has stayed blue for the most part...Only time you need to be red is so your paralyze/poison fields, as well as vortex's, earthquakes/withers...ect...will affect non guild and ally blues. Other then that having blues on the field has it's advantages, such as others who don't want to go red not attacking, ability to use virtues, on and on.

Haha..."can't afford to go red"...When I started up my last account I played for over a year with just Crow...didn't even create another character till he went red...then that one went red...damn, had to make another...then that one...CRAP, now I have to make another...

As far as the template...meh...depends on what you're good at I suppose...there is no one 'pvp template'. That is after all the greatest part about this game, and what separates it from so many others...the ability to tweak and twist your character and style to whatever you want.

I recommend just getting out there and doing the best you can. Find a group, get in their voice program and stay close, shut up, listen and learn. hehe

Our guild charter after all is, "Shut up and fight."