• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please tell me it isn't so!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hate when everyone has a fair shot at holiday items, instead of making them huge moneymakers for a small chunk of people to hoard!
Everyone did have a fair shot. No accounts are restricted from raising begging. I mean that's why we have skills right? That's why everyone can't just do everything right? The playing field is 100% equal skill wise, and everyone has the choice to raise any skill they want, and to work toward any goal they want.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hate when everyone has a fair shot at holiday items, instead of making them huge moneymakers for a small chunk of people to hoard!
Bang on the button Aran...everyone should enjoy trick or treating and no i dont enjoy the candy only...i want the nice stuff too....and thanks for now i have 2 out the 3...will be doing more today

and please stop bringing posts back from the devs circa 2013...this is 2014...move along please....

and if the devs choose to nerf the game again due to more crying.....jesus was this never tested on test shard or origin ??????......then lets hope thaty make saying the simple line trick or treat actually Gain Begging Skill if thats intended....

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let's be glad anyone already with GM begging isn't getting any less.
.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the main reasons I made this post. It seemed to me that having GM begging means that your chance of getting the skulls WAS less. Those without got drops from a smaller range of items, those with GM had the full range of older rares so the percentage chance of getting a skull was smaller. This anomaly penalises the players who have taken the time to get to GM level, mostly for the one reason of having a chance of the annual 'rares'. I asked for evidence that my interpretation was incorrect and to date nobody has contradicted me. Surely this is proof enough. So far I have still only got one new skull.

I don't believe this is what was intended by the Devs but it sure seems like it is what we've got. I have no grievance with those with low begging skill who have got the skulls they did not cause this. I think this is just another example of incompetent work by those responsible of which we shall once again have the usual deafening silence.

To those amongst us who cannot understand I say only this 'There are none so blind ----'

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and please stop bringing posts back from the devs circa 2013...this is 2014...move along please....
The reason of course that people are bringing it up, it because the ToT system is like 7 years old, and it has ALWAYS required begging to get the rare drops. No documented changes were made to this very old system, and yet it is this year for some reason not working as it alwayas has.

and if the devs choose to nerf the game again due to more crying.....jesus was this never tested on test shard or origin ??????......then lets hope thaty make saying the simple line trick or treat actually Gain Begging Skill if thats intended....
See, the thing here is that YOU are the one supporting a "nerf". Begging was required for ToT specials, ever since its inception, and this undocumented change completely nerfs begging, because ToT was the ONLY thing begging was good for. Not only that, its HARDER for gm beggars to get the skulls because the other stuff from past years still has the skill requirement, so any time a GM beggar gets a special hit, they are much more likely to get something that isn't one of the new skulls.

Let me ask you this... Lets say you are a Tamer. Since their inception, the only way you could get a greater dragon was with high taming skill. Suppose a publish went in that allowed people with 0 taming skill to tame greater dragons. Not only does it allow them to tame them, it allows them to tame them without the "you anger the beast" annoyance. Also, this change was not documented.
Now would you be cheering, and crying "nerf" to all the tamers who bother to take the time to work up the skill to be able to tame greater dragons? By your logic it should be OK because tamers haven't been hurt, as they can still tame dragons too.

I would love to know if this was an intended change... @Kyronix or someone commenting would be nice.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy trick and treater here...just got a 3rd skull !!! and another head on spike although ill be selling that...within 400/500 or so attempts looking at candy pile numbers...so pretty cool...alas was another crystal one but managed to swop it for the obsidian one with another player...so all 3...happy as they come..i wish to thanks the devs for a great mini event that everyone can enjoy and take part in....Strange thing is a lucky thing as i only got the new skulls or heads on spikes as treats....none of the other stuff at all.....probably gonna try doom now....awesome devs!!

Last edited:

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds to me like gm still gives u an advantage of being able to get the stuff from last year that u had to have gm begging to get right? Basically u can get the new skulls with less skill sure but if u have taken the time to gm it then u still get the advantage of being able to get all that cheap worthless crap from the past right? So there u have it GMs get an advantage as they want and everyone else has a chance at the new ones from how it sounds. A VERY low chance even it sounds like. I swear u people would complain no matter what they ever do in this game. If your complaint is too many people have the abilty to get the item then that's just greed plain an simple don't worry some of u will get the 5m a pop they goin for atm im sure...If its because u trained begging and others didn't u Still can get stuff they can't get so whats the prob? You still have yer advantage...Pretty sure i've never seen a group o kids go to a door on Halloween trick or treating an have the candy givers going "o look a bunch of beggars how cute". It's simply one way we celebrate this holliday. People go see santa to tell him what they want for xmas should we have begging to get xmas gifts? just sayin. They seem to be a really low drop rate anyways who cares to each his own u wanna spend days tryin for a skull that will sell for nothing within a few weeks go for it. At least they had to put in the time trick or treating to get them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds to me like gm still gives u an advantage of being able to get the stuff from last year that u had to have gm begging to get right? Basically u can get the new skulls with less skill sure but if u have taken the time to gm it then u still get the advantage of being able to get all that cheap worthless crap from the past right? So there u have it GMs get an advantage as they want and everyone else has a chance at the new ones from how it sounds. A VERY low chance even it sounds like. I swear u people would complain no matter what they ever do in this game. If your complaint is too many people have the abilty to get the item then that's just greed plain an simple don't worry some of u will get the 5m a pop they goin for atm im sure...If its because u trained begging and others didn't u Still can get stuff they can't get so whats the prob? You still have yer advantage...Pretty sure i've never seen a group o kids go to a door on Halloween trick or treating an have the candy givers going "o look a bunch of beggars how cute". It's simply one way we celebrate this holliday. People go see santa to tell him what they want for xmas should we have begging to get xmas gifts? just sayin. They seem to be a really low drop rate anyways who cares to each his own u wanna spend days tryin for a skull that will sell for nothing within a few weeks go for it. At least they had to put in the time trick or treating to get them.
Technically the only thing you seem to need begging to get is the mini deco's the chair, guillotine, iron maiden, webs, skulls on pikes etc. All stuff everyone probably has a billion of, and which lowers your odds of getting the new stuff. So begging is actually a DISADVANTAGE at getting the skulls.

It's not greed. I would happily have my skill deleted to have it the way it used to be, and I sold no heads on pikes last year and gave away like 10, and sold and have no plans to sell any skulls this year.

We have skills for a reason. Everyone can raise them, everyone has to make choices what to do with their character. When you spend 7 years giving people the expectation that the skill they worked for (a skill that takes some dedication to raise), which in this case is ONLY useful one month a year, is actually worth SOMETHING, it only makes sense when people get annoyed seeing their hard work become not only pointless but a hindrance to getting the new items.

I would feel the same way about ANY skill being 100% trumped with 0 skill. It devalues the concept of choosing skills and working toward goals in general.

Mainly I don't understand why they would make such a change. Not to be repetitious, but ToT is really the ONLY reason to have begging.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And this train has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.