• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please tell me if I am wrong. What is our Goal here?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly my point. We had new blood coming into the PvP realm. Please Devs consider this in all your changes.
I think the characterization of early participants before scoring changes were implemented as "new blood" coming into PvP is only partly true. Were people who traditionally not playing in Fel getting into VvV, yes...were those people that were going to promote player to player combat encounters...unlikely. What we had was an optimal strategy that awarded avoiding combat encounters coupled with an easily gamed reward system that provided a great opportunity at rewards. Get in, stealth around, steal some sigils, get rewards, then leave. While this is great for the individual that's hiding, stealthing, and returning sigils, it does not do well to promote the very combat encounters we hoped to encourage with VvV. In the long run it only served to frustrate the combat focused participants and not do well for the long term health of VvV.

Does the hider/stealther/thief deserve a role in VvV? Absolutely. Should that role be optimal way to win a match? No it shouldn't. Will we continue to evaluate feedback and expand on a more robust, and more importantly balanced, integration of hiding/stealthing/thieving and playter-to-player combat templates? You betcha!