• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please send out a message of solidarity an love...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...for Captain Norrington! Who - like me - wants to let him know that we really like him and want him to stay, might please sign this petition.

Note: I have no intentions to cause any trouble. I just want so cheer up a good man, who helped countless players, who is altruistic, generous and kind. It's a mean world that lets people like him go whilst the destructive elements are allowed to spread hatred everywhere. If anyone thinks, that is inappropriate, I have no problems which this thread getting removed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've told him before I have more respect for him than most... and I would stand up for him. I believe he has had the best interests of the community as a whole at heart the whole time. And IMO has always conducted himself on these forums with dignity and decorum.

I find it impressive that if you go to the welcomes and introductions page he often takes the time to personally greet each and every returning player... again with respect.

He took time to answer their questions and help them along which is more than I can say for pretty much anyone else.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea! Hardly someone invested so much time and efforts in answering questions, offering Solutions, helping newbies and inspiring the benevolent parts of this community with his decent, courteous and dignified behaviour.

I cannot look behind the courtain of what happened, but I am just extremely thankful for how he helped so many players! These are the virtues UO is about: compassion, honor, honesty, humility, justice, valor and sacrifice. Spirituality I cannot judge here. I think, many players forget what Richard Garriot lined out for us. If there were ever players truely adhering to those principles, the Captain is among them. I cannot say that for myself...

Mata

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Captain Norrington has always treated me with respect, in both forums (Stratics and SOTA)!
And I find it very sad that he is no longer a moderator in UO forum.
(I have not the context just yet understood, English is not my native language.)

Sorry for my bad english(it is google translate).

Captn Norrington hat mich immer mit Respekt, in beiden Foren(Stratics und SotA), behandelt!
Und ich finde es sehr schade das er kein Moderator mehr im UO-Forum ist.
(Ich habe den Zusammenhang nur noch nicht verstanden, Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache.)

LG
Mata

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Captain Norrington has always treated me with respect, in both forums (Stratics and SOTA)!
And I find it very sad that he is no longer a moderator in UO forum.
(I have not the context just yet understood, English is not my native language.)

Sorry for my bad english(it is google translate).

Captn Norrington hat mich immer mit Respekt, in beiden Foren(Stratics und SotA), behandelt!
Und ich finde es sehr schade das er kein Moderator mehr im UO-Forum ist.
(Ich habe den Zusammenhang nur noch nicht verstanden, Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache.)

LG
Mata
Passt doch, gute Übersetzung ;-)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for posting this, I really do appreciate it. I only joined the Stratics Staff In the first place to have a greater ability to help those who needed it on these forums. I also joined at that particular time because it was a few days after 20+ staff members had left and wanted to do what I could to prevent the forum from getting all messed up with no staff to take care of it.

Also, to everyone that has been bashing the staff as a group, please leave the innocent ones alone. Anyone who isn't on the board and has a "reporter" banner for example has literally nothing to do with this situation and it isn't their fault at all. The majority of the non-board moderators also are not to blame at all.

It's the board that caused the problems, not the normal staff.

To everyone who is supporting me, or has ever supported me, I appreciate you guys more than I can accurately express and it is people like you that make the UO community very special and unique :)

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ Mata :
PvPler muss mann/frau auch nicht verstehen - PvP need not to be understood ;)

It's a pity i never met the Captain here on this platform - but i think i will miss to see his user pic and the way he's posting here :(
.... but none's away forever... he's still liking posts ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Captn not to belittle any of the other staff, but you are the one I respect and aprpeciate the most. You have always been positive, honest and respectful..... not to mention helpful. You sir are what the other staff should strive to be.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This topic has been moved to a more appropriate forum for it. Please keep this conversation civil and uplifting. If anyone wishes to discuss the larger issues at hand please refer to this thread. Stratics: The "unvarnished" events of the past few days
Thank you.
That's okay, Giggles! You know how much I respect you. This thread is entirely civil, isn't it? However, there are alot of people on my ignore-list. So, I cannot see everything that might have been posted ;-)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's okay, Giggles! You know how much I respect you. This thread is entirely civil, isn't it? However, there are alot of people on my ignore-list. So, I cannot see everything that might have been posted ;-)
Indeed, had to do some interesting moderation in this thread last night... I'll just leave it at that... lol. But yes its fine, and was only moved to follow suit with the other recent topics being moved. Some folks want uhall to get back to being uhall, where all can blissfully argue game mechanics and Ultima Online =).

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been around Stratics for quite a while. I can honestly say that Capt Norrington is one of the staff I have always admired most and always will. It is so good to see that others feel the same way. Love you, Captain... :grouphug:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been around Stratics for quite a while. I can honestly say that Capt Norrington is one of the staff I have always admired most and always will. It is so good to see that others feel the same way. Love you, Captain... :grouphug:

:thumbsup:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I really appreciate that and everything you have done for the UO and Stratics community, you've always been one of my favorite people in the game. You are kind to everyone and keep the community a happy place.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Capt needs to stay and just reading Nexus's post on the matter leads me to believe that Capt was coerced into doing what he did but very gallantly fell on his sword in hopes to protect Stratics.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Captain is da bomb diggity. I miss having him on staff immensely. It was clear to me how much love he had for the community and our forums. The void that came with him leaving is something that was felt on a very global scale. Put my vote in the hat.. Yes on Captain coming home!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
He did more for the forums for the community than anyone else I know... He did so with the utmost of respect and dignity. And he is greatly missed by many and I would welcome him back with open arms.

It is the community that will pay the price of his loss and IMO suffer.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of my Thread, old vet ;-P

This thread was about the Captain... Not about the other issues. But you can still tell us how much you respected his work as mod...
Amen to that two very different threads and topics. No one can say they did not have ample time and opportunity to give their opinion or thoughts in the other thread before it was locked.