• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please review my thread and sign....

• Thread starter Rumpelstiltskin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Rumpelstiltskin

if you agree with this please help me out and get this passed.

I would like suggest removing the dex cap for parry so mage's have a chance against archers....

80% of pvp is now archers and its really hard for mage's to stay competitive with dismounts shots double hits,

my changes,

1.) Remove the dex penalty so all classes can run parry...
2.) put in mage shields, like 20 mage sc shield
3.) Give the parry skill come special moves like evasion, and counter attack.

Basic Template for mage.

120 mage
120 eval
120 parry(mage 20 shield=combat)
120 resist
120 med
120= anything else u want

If u agree please sign

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1462193#post1462193

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an easier solution Kyrite. 45DCI with a HLA hit spell sc-1 -20 mage wep. By the time all is said and done...you will be 148 HP 80 stam with 140 mana uncursed.

Hit me up in vent sometime on Atl...

Undies.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So mages get weapon skills that they don't have to train, and you want special shields to boost magery further?
What you want is a warrior with full mage abilities.Archers get jack for defense, no parry.

Massive props to you Ky for all you have done, but I gotta vote no.
And I'm a mage.(although a crappy one).

R

Rumpelstiltskin

So mages get weapon skills that they don't have to train, and you want special shields to boost magery further?
What you want is a warrior with full mage abilities.Archers get jack for defense, no parry.

Massive props to you Ky for all you have done, but I gotta vote no.
And I'm a mage.(although a crappy one).
they cannot use special moves,

R

Rand Al

The big thing about it is archers do not miss often and with imbuing the bows out there are so crazy you can almost one hit kill a player with 150 hp

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The big thing about it is archers do not miss often and with imbuing the bows out there are so crazy you can almost one hit kill a player with 150 hp
If you can kill a a150 hp char in two hits...they are either nekkid or noobs. :D

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

i would have to vote no. mages spells never miss and there are plenty of defence options for mages. theres no need to nerf dexers anymore than they already are. mages should be able to be hit.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would have to vote no. mages spells never miss and there are plenty of defence options for mages. theres no need to nerf dexers anymore than they already are. mages should be able to be hit.
Well...I tend to disagree with one specific part of this...

Mages do miss...they fizzle when hit. Archers on the other hand miss very little with the right equipment. Did you know that against a mage with 45 dci and a mage wep, an archer with HLD that goes off has an 80% chance of hitting said mage? The odds seem rather stacked to me.

S

SUPRsalad

The parry wrestle mage really should be the bane of an archer's existence..
I have to agree with kyrite, although, you should post this same petition in uhaul..

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or maybe make arch protection do something like a parry bonus.
Who uses arch protection anyway?

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archers are lame as hell, btw. Im sick of it.
QFT...Only thing I see problem if what about the few melee dexers left running around. I guess we need too have something that gives us a challenge other than trying to keep up with people.

The one good thing about running with the parry is that if they have the parry, they are losing smoething else. More than likely some type of offensive capability. If nothing else go too 60 dex or 50 dex required. I think that would help alot. Heck, most mages run with 50 EP now days neways, so if nothing else, can chug a pot too get you 30 more dex, ya know?

If it also makes any difference, I play a dexer primarily...

G

Gellor

The one good thing about running with the parry is that if they have the parry, they are losing smoething else. More than likely some type of offensive capability. If nothing else go too 60 dex or 50 dex required. I think that would help alot. Heck, most mages run with 50 EP now days neways, so if nothing else, can chug a pot too get you 30 more dex, ya know?
They need to adjust parry to be more in line with weapon special moves. To me, this is two things:
1) Base parry requirement off stamina NOT dex. Special moves are based upon mana and not int. Dexers have an immediate advantage on this because of the 20 free mana for elf.
2) Lower the base requirement to something like 40-50 stam. Maybe 60 on the outside. That is inline with what I've seen most dexers run for int.

I would also like to see some sort of a timer put on red pots. A mage runs out of mana and he doesn't have a special pot to get back into a fight. A dex gets stammed out, he drinks a pot and is back into the fight.

The other issue I have is damage output. Dexers have way too high of a damage output rate with no way to interrupt it. A mage's damage can be interrupted. Not sure how to fix this except for maybe go from "guaranteed interruption on damage" to the healing/vet formula of "chance of interruption on damage".

S

SUPRsalad

Nah, Gemma's got yr answer right here:

they just need to treat swords/fence/mace differently, in terms of DCI/parry, than Archery/throwing.

It makes perfect sense in my mind: Is it easier to raise your sheild to block an arrow/boomerang, or fend off a 'master swordsman' . . Thus, parry should be a little more effective against archers.

Its the archers that are the problem. The other dexxers seem to be at a good balance with mages. IMO.

S

SUPRsalad

I think parry should have its own set of special moves.

1. reflect projectile
2. absorb damage (into mana)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think parry should have its own set of special moves.

1. reflect projectile
2. absorb damage (into mana)
Now dammit...if you go and do all this...i want a frackin torch to burn the hell outta those I dont disarm.

Edit: Imbued of course! :) SC no neg 50 fireball 15 dci...30 ssi (enhanced with pwnsauce!)

S

SUPRsalad

if you agree with this please help me out and get this passed.

I would like suggest removing the dex cap for parry so mage's have a chance against archers....

80% of pvp is now archers and its really hard for mage's to stay competitive with dismounts shots double hits,

my changes,

1.) Remove the dex penalty so all classes can run parry...
2.) put in mage shields, like 20 mage sc shield
3.) Give the parry skill come special moves like evasion, and counter attack.

Basic Template for mage.

120 mage
120 eval
120 parry(mage 20 shield=combat)
120 resist
120 med
120= anything else u want

If u agree please sign

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1462193#post1462193
call me a noob, but why the -20 shields? if you wanna go that way, screw having parry, a -20 shield with crystaline, should equal 120 parry. . use the points on wrestling/60 necro, and the other 100 go scribe..

120 mage (crystaline+ a -20 mage weap shield)
120 eval
100 med
120 resist
100 inscript
100 wrestling
60 necro

that would come out as 120 parry/gm wrestle, and if that ain't an american template, you can kiss my ass.

S

SUPRsalad

you gotta go sign it in the thread he posted it in. although, im not sure how much brass attention players corner gets.. ky should have it moved to uhaul.

S

SUPRsalad

Or, how about tHIS template:

120 mage (crystaline+ a -20 mage weap&shield = -40+20=-20)
120 eval
100 med
120 resist
100 inscript
100 ninja
60 necro

(my template) but, with a -20 shield AND -20 weap, that puts you GM mage, GM weapskill + GM parry. With around 70 stacked DCI, One would think this should be plenty to have a good fight with a suped out archer.

Getting disarmed would cut your dci and your weaponskill, but you'd then have 120 parry/mage, enough to run your ass off until you could get re-armed.

talk about a versatile template.

R

Rand Al

Its the archers that are the problem. The other dexxers seem to be at a good balance with mages. IMO.
I agree that the other dexers are balanced even though disarm bleed spam is annoying to a mage and to kill one you half to get a big combo off or they run and heal up. The dexer actually needs to get right next to you to hit so you can kinda juke em a bit. Archers can stand and shoot you no need to use skill to get near the target also they are the only class that can hit on the run.

S

SUPRsalad

I agree that the other dexers are balanced even though disarm bleed spam is annoying to a mage and to kill one you half to get a big combo off or they run and heal up. The dexer actually needs to get right next to you to hit so you can kinda juke em a bit. Archers can stand and shoot you no need to use skill to get near the target also they are the only class that can hit on the run.
moreover, they are the only class that can simply stand, and do nothing at all, and kill...

as for the bleed/disarm guys, theres always protection ;)

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Base parry requirement off stamina NOT dex. Special moves are based upon mana and not int. Dexers have an immediate advantage on this because of the 20 free mana for elf.
I think it should be based off of dex. Carry an EP ring and GA pots. Base of 20 dex with 50 EP and GA gives you 50 dex. Done deal there.

2) Lower the base requirement to something like 40-50 stam. Maybe 60 on the outside. That is inline with what I've seen most dexers run for int.
I personally run 80+ (not at house to look exact number but its in mid 80's). I also know of alot of other dexers who run 75-95 Mana. So if want to compare with dexer, maybe should keep at 80. Any dexer who runs 60 mana has an extremely **** suit and does not know how to balance stats.

I would also like to see some sort of a timer put on red pots. A mage runs out of mana and he doesn't have a special pot to get back into a fight. A dex gets stammed out, he drinks a pot and is back into the fight.
So you just force dexers too run chiv. There are other ways to get stam back. If you run out of mana you need to learn some mana conservation. With 120 Med, 8-10 MR and 35+ LMC I rarely run out of mana evening feilding non-stop. Yes I eventually do, but I can feild solid for 1-2 mins.

The other issue I have is damage output. Dexers have way too high of a damage output rate with no way to interrupt it. A mage's damage can be interrupted. Not sure how to fix this except for maybe go from "guaranteed interruption on damage" to the healing/vet formula of "chance of interruption on damage".
Yep. So the mage who I missed 3 times in a row last ntie because he has 45 DCI and the RNG hated me had no damage done too him and managed to dump on me for 50+ damage before I finally landed a hit. Archers on the other hand, need a slight tweak for damage to balance it with other melee/combat skills. THey have advantage of range so there should be a downside too being an archer. As it stands right now, archers can outdamage any other melee class and at a distance. Now dont take this as me crying nerf. I have adapted too fight archers and mages both.

S

SUPRsalad

I think it should be based off of dex. Carry an EP ring and GA pots. Base of 20 dex with 50 EP and GA gives you 50 dex. Done deal there.

I personally run 80+ (not at house to look exact number but its in mid 80's). I also know of alot of other dexers who run 75-95 Mana. So if want to compare with dexer, maybe should keep at 80. Any dexer who runs 60 mana has an extremely **** suit and does not know how to balance stats.

So you just force dexers too run chiv. There are other ways to get stam back. If you run out of mana you need to learn some mana conservation. With 120 Med, 8-10 MR and 35+ LMC I rarely run out of mana evening feilding non-stop. Yes I eventually do, but I can feild solid for 1-2 mins.

Yep. So the mage who I missed 3 times in a row last ntie because he has 45 DCI and the RNG hated me had no damage done too him and managed to dump on me for 50+ damage before I finally landed a hit. Archers on the other hand, need a slight tweak for damage to balance it with other melee/combat skills. THey have advantage of range so there should be a downside too being an archer. As it stands right now, archers can outdamage any other melee class and at a distance. Now dont take this as me crying nerf. I have adapted too fight archers and mages both.
However you wanna do it, IMO, the archers just need taken down a notch..

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

heres where i think they ****ed it all up.. originally in uo, there were 4 weapon skills. fencing, swords, mace and archery.. they all had their purpose, strength and weakness. fencing was fast but hit rather weak, macing was slow but hit really hard, swords was inbetween. archery was really ****ing slow but hit really hard and was ranged. now, with UBW and bows that swing as fast as katanas.. its all ****ed up. what i think they really need to do is, redefine the skills and adjust them accordingly. in addition, get rid of UBW...

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

i also think they should impliment a few kool new spells like, burning hands to disarm a dexer using a metal shield or weapon and darkness to turn out the lights!

R

Rumpelstiltskin

heres where i think they ****ed it all up.. originally in uo, there were 4 weapon skills. fencing, swords, mace and archery.. they all had their purpose, strength and weakness. fencing was fast but hit rather weak, macing was slow but hit really hard, swords was inbetween. archery was really ****ing slow but hit really hard and was ranged. now, with UBW and bows that swing as fast as katanas.. its all ****ed up. what i think they really need to do is, redefine the skills and adjust them accordingly. in addition, get rid of UBW...
what does this have to do with mages having parry,