• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

***PLEASE READ*** PvP Related Threads

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya Catskills posters,

Lately there has been more board activity, yay! Unfortunately there has also been some differences of opinion on what makes a good PvP post and what is trolling, I hope to clear that up. Let's face the facts, UO players have enjoyed taking and viewing UO screen shots for as long as there has been UO. Trolling and personal attacks in UO have of course been around just as long. What we can't have on Stratics is the trolling and personal attacks aspect. Unfortunately PvP related threads seemingly lend themselves to this type of behavior. The solution I propose is to allow the posting of PvP screen shots without using wording that that attacks another poster.

Example:

Lets say Joe has a character named Sam and a lot of people know the character Sam is played by someone known by Joe. Posting a screen shot of the character Sam taking a dirt nap seems perfectly logical. Saying something like: This is me taking down "Sam" doesn't seem too offensive either. However saying something like: ""Joe" is complete garbage" really isn't appropriate. When other of Joe's opponents gang up on him it becomes much more targeted and the screen shot really just becomes an excuse to incite anger in Joe. When this happens it really isn't appropriate for posts on Stratics and not what we want to promote.

So lets give this a try. I am not going to allow a lot of leeway with the thread. I recommend posting a picture and then if you feel verbiage is necessary make a secondary post. That way if your verbiage crosses the line at least the screen shot remains.

I will even start the thread off in a post I will make below this one.

Thanks all!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interestingly I often forget to take screen shots of me dying which happens far more often *whistles*. I did however manage to take this screen shot because I wanted to yell at my guild mate with it. Yes, I had my guild tag up, yes I am still friends with this guild mate and yes he hasn't accidentally killed me since, that I can remeber anyway.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey now. Sam deserved it after all that stuff he said in general chat. :p

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
** made a quick apparition on Catskills this afternoon and he died twice, then talked **** in caps for about 1 hour post fight.. typical
notice his ''stood still'' excuses in chat lol
stillborndies.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like for Dark Cloud to post a screenshot of him actually killing a worthwhile PvPer by himself, if that actually exists.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I demand more mayhem be posted!! :mistress: