• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please multi-thread the enhanced client

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@Llewen - I also record and sometimes stream my gameplay with my multi-processor Alienware box using XSplit to HitBox.

I have basically "told" my vid/streaming software to use one processor, while UO/EC uses the primary. I forgot how I did it and because of that I have to be careful with Windows updates. It is also because of this that I do not like the EC too much, and play it minimally. Last time I seriously played the EC was.... uh.... dang, when I was still volunteering here at Stratics (couple years now I think).

To note, when I am live-streaming Diablo the system purrs like a loud kitten, but it does not overheat or have any game/system degradation. When I stream UO/CC, I rarely hear the fan. When I stream UO/EC, my system wants to scream so it is a very short lived session.
I have an eight core FX processor, and find that Winblows 10 still handles more than four cores very badly, so as many of my processes as possible are micro managed. I assign affinities and priorities to everything. GTAV gives my system a work out, but it uses all four cores I assign to it and runs very well. So there are games out there that handle multiple cores well. Funnily enough, I've just gotten into making game videos. I still have a lot to learn abut that, but it's been fun.

Herp!

Journeyman
What on earth would you need 18 case fans for? I also run duel GTX 1080s, and a 6950x. I have 5 fans. No problems. My work computer runs duel Titan X, with 6950x...i think it has 4 fans, but does have an AIO cooling for the processor.

18 is overkill, unless you like LEDs...which I get, I love them too lol

Please post a pic of these 18 case fans. I cant even think of a full tower case that could support that, let alone a motherboard. But im not super computer builder saavy.

/EDIT: Editing because I realize it might come across I'm accusing you of being a liar. I am not. I just want to see this setup :)
Will do when I have a chance, been working 6 towns over on a project, usin a poop 7 yr old laptop now :). I use it for rendering 3d artwork and writing programs in my spare time... Though I do not really have much spare time anymore because of work. Computer case was modified while I was sponsored by a gaming company & basically where most people have a plexi window, I have blue and orange fans galore. It's essentially just an Antec 1200 v3 with the entire side replaced with fans... Kinda wish I could fit another big boy 200mm on top but I'm just too lazy to make a piece of metal cut exactly right to fit in where the stock top bit is now... and I am living in an apartment for now and no longer have my metal/wood shop out back :(

Edit: Forgot, I don't mind even if you were accusing me :D. Most people wouldn't believe half my life happened... Hell, if I wasn't there for it I don't think I'd believe it either.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Edit: Forgot, I don't mind even if you were accusing me [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:D[/bcolor]. Most people wouldn't believe half my life happened... Hell, if I wasn't there for it I don't think I'd believe it either.
you know, when i get to talking about my past, this is the same reaction.
and i sit, amazed at my past... wondering about my future...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have an eight core FX processor, and find that Winblows 10 still handles more than four cores very badly, so as many of my processes as possible are micro managed. I assign affinities and priorities to everything. GTAV gives my system a work out, but it uses all four cores I assign to it and runs very well. So there are games out there that handle multiple cores well. Funnily enough, I've just gotten into making game videos. I still have a lot to learn abut that, but it's been fun.
The AMD FX octa-core cpus are horrible compared to the Intel i7 chips. The problem is the CPUs don't really handle multi-threading, AMD tried to push clock speed and core count over performance.
Intel Core i7 4790 vs AMD FX 8350