• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Please make the object handles keybind configurable

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Right now the keybind for showing object handles is ctrl-shift. Please make this a configurable option. The reason for this is that ctrl-shift interferes with movement if you use the arrow keys for movement (I have the arrow keys bound to a joystick).

Having ctrl-shift and the arrow keys active at the same time causes all kinds of movement problems, from getting locked into mouse follow, to my personal favourite, getting stuck running in one direction and the only way you can stop is to log off and on.

The ctrl-shift and arrow key problem is a problem with the 3D engine, as I have noticed the same kind of behaviour playing Civilization IV which uses the same 3D engine. So probably the conflict can't be fixed and the best fix for it would be to allow us to bind the object handle display to any key combination we wish.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah iam waiting since KR on that.

In Beta we had a discussion about it, because of this they removed the turn around feature from the game. But i liked this feature and now i also missing it, how would it be to make it free setable in the keybinding tab?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't care where it is placed, as long as you can do it.