• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please hurry with new UI Pinco!

Lonliness

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I find the UI absolutely awful now having reverted back to EC.As a shop owner I find restocking vendors very unwieldy,clumsy and awfully slow.Its very buggy as well now..Please hurry with version 6..or let us poor shop keepers have a decent swift stocking system.Im getting slowly frustrated with our great game!!

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Agree. Very hard work with vendors. When change options on @Legacy Conteiners@, your container too change. New font very small.
Now I can't have a rest in this game. New icons in backpack very small, new icons for imbuing reagents not good. Pls. add new options in this client for people with not good vision, also will be good return old EC UI, that people can choice.
At some items vanish icons at vendor pack.
icons.png
Do you see this item? But it in vendor pack....

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And with @Full Screen@ my vendor menu have another size, then in window frame, but why? Early was so good with old UI and font will be normal.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree. Very hard work with vendors. When change options on @Legacy Conteiners@, your container too change. New font very small.
Now I can't have a rest in this game. New icons in backpack very small, new icons for imbuing reagents not good. Pls. add new options in this client for people with not good vision, also will be good return old EC UI, that people can choice.
View attachment 24577

Amen Cronus, the type in the journal is way too small, even set on the largest it will go I can't even read it on my 24" monitor without total concentration which is not good when you're fighting baddies.

and PLEASE let us scale/resize the treasure maps with the scale option, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!! and the other stuff that is so small it hurts too, let us rescale it, at least give us this while we wait impatiently for Pinco.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm looking forward to Pinco's coming back as well... Same reasons mostly as stated by others... Chat text too small, T-maps, etc...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tell me why again Pinco's is an addition to the new EC instead of part of it in the first place? Why have a new EC that everyone has to patch with an extra layer? Is it because they only gave @Pinco so much time for the new EC and the rest of it is on his own?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell me why again Pinco's is an addition to the new EC instead of part of it in the first place? Why have a new EC that everyone has to patch with an extra layer? Is it because they only gave @Pinco so much time for the new EC and the rest of it is on his own?
The thing is that the dev team was really busy with the new vice and virtues and they didn't had time to make the proper client/server adjustments for other features.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The thing is that the dev team was really busy with the new vice and virtues and they didn't had time to make the proper client/server adjustments for other features.
Thot that might be it - production deadlines - thanks for your work

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Indeed Pinco thank you for your hard work! The new EC looks beautiful to me.... I really like the softer blue/gray hue. Nicer on my old eyes.

I totally miss the information for items and really miss the pet power calculator.... (P.S.) When you get your client up and running again and put that back in (which I really hope you plan to do).... would you please include the Turkeys as well? They are now on the other website where the original calculator came from... Thanks.

Anyway I wanted you to know your work was appreciated greatly. Despite the few buggy things which we all expected it really is nice overall and should go a LONG way to being far nicer for newer and returning players than the old UI was.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I really miss having resists displayed below monsters on the target indicator and knowing what items would likely unravel to. Only other thing I'm missing is being able to filter out system messages in the chat window. I don't need a message every hit telling me I used armor ignore.

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Who like new UI, can play on it. But another players need in stable client, with normal color scale(as old), old color spell icons, normal icons in backpack, normal fonts in some menu(as vendor menu), without lags and crushes.
But now we have so much problem with this client, small and ugly icons in backpack, many crushes. I pay for game, but i dont work as tester for new products!
And pls save my vision!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who like new UI, can play on it. But another players need in stable client, with normal color scale(as old), old color spell icons, normal icons in backpack, normal fonts in some menu(as vendor menu), without lags and crushes.
But now we have so much problem with this client, small and ugly icons in backpack, many crushes. I pay for game, but i dont work as tester for new products!
And pls save my vision!
I'm an avid Pinco supporter for all the reasons that are stated in the previous posts plus more and I cannot wait for him to get the new one finished. However I can play in this new UI albeit with many many very difficult adjustments and tradeoffs, but I have not crashed once.

Did you delete your old character profile before trying to open the new UI?
Are you opening with Pinco's UI updater?
Did you set the Custom UI button to default?

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm an avid Pinco supporter for all the reasons that are stated in the previous posts plus more and I cannot wait for him to get the new one finished. However I can play in this new UI albeit with many many very difficult adjustments and tradeoffs, but I have not crashed once.

Did you delete your old character profile before trying to open the new UI?
Are you opening with Pinco's UI updater?
Did you set the Custom UI button to default?
Try to work with map, when i try to find coordinates, where treasure - i get crash very often.
New profile.
No.
And i use button UI to default/

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I posted in a thread in the EC Forum:

The real game breaker for me is the toggle legacy backpacks action. Used to be you could have your backpack or other containers open in default square grid view to see all your items, and when you hit 'toggle legacy backpacks' it would just be the NEXT container you opened that would go into legacy format. Thus you could open your packs, stocking containers, beetles packs etc then toggle to legacy to open your vendor pack in legacy view, stock your items, then toggle back. Now when I 'toggle to legacy backpack' it closes all existing OPEN containers closed and I have to reopen them and they are then ALL in legacy so I can't find a damn thing as they are all a jumbled mess and makes the whole point of toggling a container to legacy for stocking etc pointless. Unless this is fixed so containers that are already open STAY open in the grid view and only a container 'selected' after toggling opens in legacy view it is really impossible to stock vendors from this default ui.

The toggle used to work perfectly in the OLD default UI and in Pinko's, now it is totally useless due to the above. How are other people actually managing to stock vendors in legacy pack view from items held in containers set up for grid view or are you all having the exact same problem as me and are unable to stock due to the LACK of ability to just toggle the one container leaving all others as they were?

I need a fix for this quick.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 24577

This is actually my Vendor, I stocked this using EC using legacy containers. When I checked the other day I thought I had sold a few items but in fact they are just not visible in EC containers unless you hover the mouse over the empty grid space.

EC Container.JPG Legacy Mode.JPG

What happened the the QA on this before release?

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is actually my Vendor, I stocked this using EC using legacy containers. When I checked the other day I thought I had sold a few items but in fact they are just not visible in EC containers unless you hover the mouse over the empty grid space.

View attachment 24616 View attachment 24617

What happened the the QA on this before release?
Yes, Hardy, but this problem and with my vendors, and i saw another vendors with this problem.
I took it for an example. Also if you switch on Search on vendor you can see this items.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yeah I really miss having resists displayed below monsters on the target indicator and knowing what items would likely unravel to. Only other thing I'm missing is being able to filter out system messages in the chat window. I don't need a message every hit telling me I used armor ignore.
I hope allow you to see monsters stats or see what items that will unraw relic. We don't need a lot easy play.
I do agree about system messages, they can be very annoying.